Deshaun Watson requests trade

49ersfan

1 minute ago, .Buzz said:

I mean, Josina Anderson who I believe probably has a good read on the situation from Deshauns side said he's on vacation and hasn't talked about a trade at all, so...

Isn't Josina really close with Mughaletta? I'd trust her read on the situation.

• Like 1

Just now, amazingandre said:

There is no value in return that is worth trading Watson. You force him to play for you and hope you can mend the fence. Hell you tag him as many times as necessary and you keep him for the next 5-6 years. No rookie is worth his proven talent. 

I'm not disagreeing with any of that.

From my POV, I just think if it is indeed forced/has to happen that type of package would be a good haul you're not getting anywhere else.

1 minute ago, amazingandre said:

There is no value in return that is worth trading Watson. You force him to play for you and hope you can mend the fence. Hell you tag him as many times as necessary and you keep him for the next 5-6 years. No rookie is worth his proven talent. 

I agree with this - finding a QB isn't an exact science. Teams spend decades looking for one (Dolphins post Marino, Bills post Kelly come to mind).

You'd need a TON of picks to justify it, more than someone is willing to pay.

2 minutes ago, ET80 said:

I agree with this - finding a QB isn't an exact science. Teams spend decades looking for one (Dolphins post Marino, Bills post Kelly come to mind).

You'd need a TON of picks to justify it, more than someone is willing to pay.

But if you deal with the niners, you get Jimmy g back. Jimmy G. Former patriot. Jimmy G, I'm telling you. 

Is it more appealing if I keep saying his name to you? 

This makes me feel good - I trust her take on this. 

Cal McNair and Nick Caserio both stated they want to sit down with Watson and talk this over, and - despite everything over the last few days - I like Nick Caserio, I think he's going to have a positive effect on player relations. He holds Watson in very high regard (as everyone seemingly does) so he's going to take any feedback from Watson and act on it (save for firing Jack Easterby).

I think (hope) he'll be able to smooth things over in the short term while keeping the HC search more Deshaun-oriented. Cal McNair is a typical rich kid who isn't aware of basic courtesy, but Caserio comes off as somebody who can build upon feedback from his best player.

(So... This means Dabo Swinney is about to become the highest paid HC in NFL history).

4 minutes ago, Forge said:

But if you deal with the niners, you get Jimmy g back. Jimmy G. Former patriot. Jimmy G, I'm telling you. 

Is it more appealing if I keep saying his name to you? 

Jimmy G, Nick Bosa, Brandon Aiyuk, George Kittle, two 1st, two 3rds and you also have to take Randall Cobb and Eric Murray.

That's a deal.

(You also get me, free of charge. I'm #TeamWatson).

• Like 1

https://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2021/01/10/report-texans-were-poised-to-hire-omar-khan-as-g-m/

The hiring of Nick Caserio to be the team’s new General Manager lit the fuse on a cherry bomb of dysfunction for the Texans, reinforcing the perception/reality that executive V.P. of football operations Jack Easterby is Littlefinger (if you’re a GOT fan) or Gríma Wormtongue (if LOTR is your bag).

Internally, Easterby has managed to mesmerize his audience of one. A week after it appeared that Cal McNair was ready to follow a different path, he seems to be firmly under Easterby’s spell. Until that spell is broken, the Texans will have a hard time changing the narrative and/or repairing the relationship with Deshaun Watson.

Let's not quote entire article...

This seems like a whole lot of nothing. Mort's source "speculates" that Watson would probably be open to a trade to Miami. Then they proceed to throw in Tua's name for some clicks. Everyone knows Watson isn't happy with how things have unfolded but this was tweeted to make it seem like this is some big news.

Edited by Emerica
  • Like 2