Deshaun Watson requests trade

49ersfan

2 hours ago, Tk3 said:

Adam Schefter "He may opt to withhold his services"

Not the same thing it once was, a legitimate threat previously, now its just helping a team with the salary cap and being a diva and looking entitled. Deshaun is stuck here for 6 years whether he likes it or not, he can opt to withhold his services and he will just be a roster spot as we got 4-11 again and get a top 3 pick shrug

Now Watson's PR site aka ESPN is saying not only he demands to be traded but he'll pick which team he's going to. They're so kind that they already suggested Miami for freaking Tua 'no hips' Valua, houston's former 1st round pick back and some more trashy value in return.

That's pathetic. I know lots of NFL fans are hopping Watson is going to their team but this is becoming NBA's diva crap. It's looking like Watson will have his own narcissistic show this off season but the narrative of him being a victim that needs to be rescued can only go so far. Dude signed for almost 200m after Hopkins was traded. He's not a homeless dude that lost his house to bankers.

Btw,  if your team stinks he's not going there so don't even waste your time defending this BS. He wants to be on a team that went 10-6 with little production from the starting QB.

I hope Tua becomes a really good QB, but really what trade value does he really have?  Didn t watch the Fins play much, but it sure seems Fitzmagic was much more likely to push the ball down the field, no?

Not a surprise Tua is having a difficult time adjusting to what is considered "open" in the NFL.  Look at the talent he was throwing to at Bama.  No team will let  Tua run the ball regularly.  I think the media is really inflating Tua s trade value at this time.

57 minutes ago, MWil23 said:

@ET80 if the Texans are dumb enough to trade one of my dudes, you're ALWAYS welcome in Cleveland...aside from the x amount of times that they play Watson of course. :) 

If it happens, I quit. I'll focus on CFB and other sports. NFL clearly doesn't want me here.

2 hours ago, ET80 said:

It's easy to speculate on actions when you're not losing out on $35mm. Unless someone is fronting Watson $40mm for this season... he's slated to lose a LOT of money by going this nuclear route.

It's also a terrible look for the organization if they refuse to trade him as he's making public demands that he wants out. 

21 minutes ago, ET80 said:

If it happens, I quit. I'll focus on CFB and other sports. NFL clearly doesn't want me here.

you wouldn't be alone, i'm sure. like, does the team understand how hard their fanbase is going to implode if they pull some nonsense like this?

6 minutes ago, NYRaider said:

It's also a terrible look for the organization if they refuse to trade him as he's making public demands that he wants out. 

Is it, though? It's not like they're going to present it as "You're here and you'll stay here *forever* muahahaha!

They're adhering to the contract, nothing more and nothing less. Plenty of people have been through circumstances and periods of discontentment - look at Aaron Rodgers last season for an example. 

This isn't very unique if we really think about it.

6 minutes ago, -Hope- said:

you wouldn't be alone, i'm sure. like, does the team understand how hard their fanbase is going to implode if they pull some nonsense like this?

One of the radio hosts here ran a Twitter poll (not exactly reliable, but worthy of note). What would the fans do if Watson was traded?

1. Still follow the Texans - 20%

2. Follow Watson to his next destination - 40%

3. Stop watching entirely - 40%

Potentially an 80% drop. That's... That's pretty big.

Just now, ET80 said:

Is it, though? It's not like they're going to present it as "You're here and you'll stay here *forever* muahahaha!

An elite player publicly saying he wants out because he has no faith in your leadership being able to build a winner while the team refuses to trade him is a bad look. He has also said he was upset about your owners lack of interest in social justice and you guys basically gutted your roster and received nothing in return. I can't imagine this would make guys excited about potentially going to Houston in the future.