Deshaun Watson requests trade

49ersfan

24 minutes ago, pwny said:

Ehhhh... from five days ago:

I'm aware of this. What i WASN'T aware of is that Cal McNair/John McClain interview and the comments that Easterby ain't getting fired.

Yeah, Watson is pissed. I'm numb. I don't care anymore, you can't fix stupid. Maybe St. Louis is a better option, because I don't want this team and it's "culture" in this city anymore.

Consider me checked out.

They have one bad season and he’s done? 

Just one season without the best receiver in football and a productive running game. Do the Texans get credit for giving him elite play makers at receiver and a strong running game his first three years? 

If he leaves, does he ask to leave after his first disappointing season on his new team?

5 minutes ago, patriotsheatyan said:

It's SO much more than that. 

As a Texans fan since they announced the 32nd franchise, I'm able to say that this place is a sinkhole - it sucks the life out of everyone here (players and fans) and tone deaf ownership simply don't care because they're too busy holding prayer meetings and pumping their fists as the millions roll in.

Deshaun Watson is too good a player and person to be stuck in this miserable disaster. So am I. So is about 4mm other people in this city, people who literally cried tears of joy for a new football team.

Cal doesn't seem to notice ...or care. 

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, ET80 said:

It's SO much more than that. 

As a Texans fan since they announced the 32nd franchise, I'm able to say that this place is a sinkhole - it sucks the life out of everyone here (players and fans) and tone deaf ownership simply don't care because they're too busy holding prayer meetings and pumping their fists as the millions roll in.

Deshaun Watson is too good a player and person to be stuck in this miserable disaster. So am I. So is about 4mm other people in this city, people who literally cried tears of joy for a new football team.

Cal doesn't seem to notice ...or care. 

The Texans have made the playoffs 6/10 season and had a winning team 7/10 seasons. 

https://www.si.com/.amp/nfl/2021/01/16/texans-chaos-deshaun-watson-unhappy-how-jack-easterby-kept-his-job?__twitter_impression=true&utm_source=reddit.com

Incredible... I'm more stunned and numb more than anything.

Easterby might not even be the problem. It's Cal "Tommy Boy" McNair, and his succubus wife Hannah.

At this point, Easterby could sexually assault several employees and it would be largely ignored by Tommy Boy. He's going to be with this franchise for the rest of his life.

These two have lost me now. I love Watson and Watt, but refuse to put any more money in Tommy Boy's pocket. 

• Like 2

19 hours ago, patriotsheatyan said:

Just one season without the best receiver in football and a productive running game. Do the Texans get credit for giving him elite play makers at receiver and a strong running game his first three years? 

If he leaves, does he ask to leave after his first disappointing season on his new team?

It shouldn't be too difficult to see that "the team being bad" isn't the problem. Watson was a top 5 QB this season for crying out loud, it's not like he just gives up when the going gets tough. Haven't you been following the situation with ownership and management at all?

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, ET80 said:

https://www.si.com/.amp/nfl/2021/01/16/texans-chaos-deshaun-watson-unhappy-how-jack-easterby-kept-his-job?__twitter_impression=true&utm_source=reddit.com

Incredible... I'm more stunned and numb more than anything.

Easterby might not even be the problem. It's Cal "Tommy Boy" McNair, and his succubus wife Hannah.

At this point, Easterby could sexually assault several employees and it would be largely ignored by Tommy Boy. He's going to be with this franchise for the rest of his life.

These two have lost me now. I love Watson and Watt, but refuse to put any more money in Tommy Boy's pocket. 

It’s like the problem is never-ending. You thought it was somewhat solved with the BOB firing but then you have Easterby. You get rid of Easterby and Tommy Boy Cal will still be lurking around.

I should cherish this as a Titans fan but I don’t. Don’t get me wrong, I want Watson traded out the division, but I do feel for Texans fans right now. Having inept ownership can suck the fandom out of any die hard sport fan.

• Like 1

35 minutes ago, TitanSlim said:

Don’t get me wrong, I want Watson traded out the division, but I do feel for Texans fans right now. Having inept ownership can suck the fandom out of any die hard sport fan.

That's exactly what it's done. I'm being serious when I say - I'm actually numb to it right now. I don't care what Cal chooses to do. I'm not subscribing to this franchise anymore.

Let's say this all resolves - Eric Bienemy is hired, Watson is placated, Wade Phillips is brought in to DC, JJ Watt is extended, Texans field a competetive team that is a playoff contender. Even playing that out, I feel numb to it now, because I know that Jack Easterby is sitting there, thinking "I WON" the entire time, and that infuriates me. I feel numb because Cal McNair is further insulated by another few hundred million dollars, and that insults me. I feel numb because Hannah McNair can do her manicured Insta snaps while feeling like she wasn't caught in the act of sleeping in her seat during a few games this season - and that drives me absolutely bonkers.

This honestly feels like what Tillman Fertitta bought the Houston Rockets - someone flipped an off switch in my heart. I was a huge Rockets fan growing up, sat courtside during playoff games, spent NYE at club level vs the Mavericks a few seasons - that all vanished once Tillman took over, because I knew Tillman was going to be a horrendous owner (he's proving me right). I haven't watched a Rockets game since ...geez, 2017 I think?

That's how I feel with Texans football right now. I don't miss anything, I don't feel bad for walking, I don't feel angry that I'm in this position. I was a huge fan - I think nobody would here would disagree - but now, I just feel numb to that proposition.

That's how I know it's REALLY done - I feel nothing.

• Like 2