Deshaun Watson requests trade

49ersfan

Just now, amazingandre said:

No, OB was still a **** coach. 

Well, yeah... That's true. But the dysfunction goes much deeper than bad coaching.

When you have a completely unqualified, judgemental preacher trying to push his morality on a locker room full of adult millionaires - and literally nobody is trying to stop him - you have bigger issues than bad coaching.

• Like 2

When the guy that's really making personnel decisions for your team is a former pastor/player coach with zero experience running an NFL franchise it's probably not looking too good for you. Especially when he's making those personnel decisions based on prayer circles. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, ET80 said:

When you have a completely unqualified, judgemental preacher trying to push his morality on a locker room full of adult millionaires - and literally nobody is trying to stop him - you have bigger issues than bad coaching.

The fact that you guys promised Watson he would have some input on the GM hire and hired a firm to identify potential candidates and then ignored both in the decision making process is pretty bad. It gets even worse when you consider that your owner said Easterby would have no input on who the next GM would be and then immediately jumped on a plane with him to go hire Easterby's guy without consulting the firm you hired or Watson before making the decision. 

Easterby either has some dirty laundry on McNair or has cast a spell on him because this is starting to get really weird. 

• Like 1

6 hours ago, biggie. said:

Unfortunately he's under contract. Sucks to suck. Doesn't have to like management, but there's nothing he can really do so it's best to just suck it up and deal with it.

Actually there's a ton he can do and he has all the leverage in the world at this point, especially with the no trade clause that was put in place during his extension. That $40M/yr contract doesn't come into effect until the 2022 season. So if the Texans won't move him he can sit out the entire season without missing out on one of those massive years in his deal. Not to mention Watson and his team publicly criticizing the Texans leadership is such a black eye for the organization, especially when they have very few assets to improve the team this offseason. Because let's say they do just hold onto him and he refuses to play, it creates so many internal/culture issues within the organization going forward. And even when they do have cap space I can't imagine guys will be lining up to sign with them with how the Watson saga is playing out and with former players such as Andre Johnson/Hopkins also criticizing Houston's leadership. Not to mention other guys that are currently on the roster have anonymously leaked that they support Watson's decision to want out and understand why he wants to be traded. 

That no trade clause also gives Watson all the leverage in the world because when/if they do decide to trade him he can more or less force his way to any team that he wants to be traded too. 

Edited by NYRaider
  • Like 2

2 hours ago, ET80 said:

Well, yeah... That's true. But the dysfunction goes much deeper than bad coaching.

Yep the problem does higher than Bob. DeShaun knows that. Trust me coming from Cleveland we recognise a dumpster fire when we see one and the Texans dumpster is a inferno.

If I’m a HC prospect I’m passing on the Texans and waiting on better opportunities.

If I'm Houston this is the package I'd request from Miami. 

Houston receives: Xavien Howard, #3, #18, #36, #50, Miami 2022 1st round pick 

Miami receives: Deshaun Watson

Houston would have a lot of draft capital to accelerate their rebuild and flexibility with how they choose to go about it. Firstly they'd be acquiring arguably the best CB in the league to start to fix some of their defensive woes. With that draft capital they could target a QB like Wilson or Fields at #3 or Lance at #18. Or skip on taking a QB all together and use those picks to improve the OL and defense. While looking for a stop gap QB in the meantime, possibly someone like Ryan Fitzpatrick or Jimmy G if he's cut by the 49ers especially since he has ties to Easterby and their new GM from his days in New England. 

1 hour ago, NYRaider said:

If I'm Houston this is the package I'd request from Miami. 

Houston receives: Xavien Howard, #3, #18, #36, #50, Miami 2022 1st round pick 

Miami receives: Deshaun Watson

Houston would have a lot of draft capital to accelerate their rebuild and flexibility with how they choose to go about it. Firstly they'd be acquiring arguably the best CB in the league to start to fix some of their defensive woes. With that draft capital they could target a QB like Wilson or Fields at #3 or Lance at #18. Or skip on taking a QB all together and use those picks to improve the OL and defense. While looking for a stop gap QB in the meantime, possibly someone like Ryan Fitzpatrick or Jimmy G if he's cut by the 49ers especially since he has ties to Easterby and their new GM from his days in New England. 

Houston isn't getting that much.

i think Caserio will fire Easterby before the draft/free agency period, to take away the idea that he's only there because of him, GM's dont like when they don't have real authority.

Its a first time GM, good PR, solidifies your position, ingratiates himself with Watson its a slam dunk.