Deshaun Watson requests trade

49ersfan

Just now, .Buzz said:

Not sure I agree. If Miami has any interest at all than Tua is obviously expendable. That alone isn't nabbing a top 5 QB that's 25/26 years old.

There's just no precedent right now for a trade of this magnitude so its almost impossible to figure out. It would really come down to whether the Texans like Tua more than Fields and/or Wilson. 

Just now, KingOfNewYork said:

He wanted to play for Saleh, we have Saleh. This isn't the same team. 

Man, that team still lacks talent all over. If Watson forces his way out there's no way just because he wanted the team to interview (didn't even say hire) Saleh means he's going to overlook the situation.

Just now, 49erurtaza said:

He's better off trying to get on a team that has talent already. Also why would the Texans trade him to the AFC. 

He has a no trade clause what if he doesn't want to go to an NFC team. The argument works both ways. At the end of the day the Texans have to get what they want to and no NFC team trumps a Jets offer. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, .Buzz said:

Man, that team still lacks talent all over. If Watson forces his way out there's no way just because he wanted the team to interview (didn't even say hire) Saleh means he's going to overlook the situation.

Does that mean we'll lack talent forever? His issues with Houston are the direction the team is going in, the people they hiring and decisions they're making. We've simply been a bad team but all that other stuff people associate the Jets with is ridiculous. 

3 minutes ago, KingOfNewYork said:

Does that mean we'll lack talent forever? His issues with Houston are the direction the team is going in, the people they hiring and decisions they're making. We've simply been a bad team but all that other stuff people associate the Jets with is ridiculous. 

You guys just saddled a young QB with no talent/no win situation for the past 4 years and one of the worst rosters in the league right now. It's not about what it could become. Just because it's a new situation/new people in charge means it'll work.

Watson is a guy that's been in the league for several years and likely wants to win. A team that's full of youth/lesser talent where it'll be a process probably isn't high on his priority list of teams. Buddy just had a year going 4-12 while balling out.

3 minutes ago, .Buzz said:

You guys just saddled a young QB with no talent/no win situation for the past 4 years and one of the worst rosters in the league right now. It's not about what it could become. Just because it's a new situation/new people in charge means it'll work.

Watson is a guy that's been in the league for several years and likely wants to win. A team that's full of youth/lesser talent where it'll be a process probably isn't high on his priority list of teams. Buddy just had a year going 4-12 while balling out.

Joe Douglas didn't draft Sam Darnold and has had a single off-season to turn it around. 

If the Texans like an offer we make and tell him and he says no then they're next response will likely be see you at training camp. On top of that we can make moves in free agency such as signing Thuney and adding a WR and that plus our new coaching staff make us a potential much better team with him at QB. As much power as he has its not a MUST trade clause.

10 minutes ago, KingOfNewYork said:

He wanted to play for Saleh, we have Saleh. This isn't the same team. 

Saleh was his favourite/2nd favourite HC candidate, but it doesn't mean Saleh is his top choice compared to all other 32 HC's.

I could see the Jets as a destination, but why not Sean Payton or Kyle Shanahan? 

I also would've said Sean McVay, but the lack of a 2021 1st/Goff's contract make it difficult to pursue that trade for LA

2 minutes ago, KingOfNewYork said:

Joe Douglas didn't draft Sam Darnold and has had a single off-season to turn it around. 

If the Texans like an offer we make and tell him and he says no then they're next response will likely be see you at training camp. On top of that we can make moves in free agency such as signing Thuney and adding a WR and that plus our new coaching staff make us a potential much better team with him at QB. As much power as he has its not a MUST trade clause.

Again, never said JD did that. But he's an unproven commodity himself, and prior to that the Jets failed to bring in talent to help Darnold. Last year the talent brought in to help was pretty underwhelming too.

Maybe NYJ ends up getting him, but there's no way you can argue he'd be high on his list of destinations as things sit right now. Him listing Saleh as a guy to interview doesn't mean much lol.

The last comparable scenario is Jay Cutler back in 2009. He was a 26 year old franchise QB who was disgruntled with the Broncos/McDaniels. Perception of him back then was pretty close to how Watson is perceived today. They traded him for two 1st's, a 3rd, & Kyle Orton.

I'd say Watson would go for three 1st's and a decent player/QB replacement. I could see him going for more but it would have to take a desperate team.

I haven't read this thread in awhile but would a 3 team trade be possible? Something like the following...its not perfect I know but you get the idea

Jets trade Sam Darnold to the 49ers

49ers trade Jimmy G and a 2rd to the Texans

Texans trade Watson to the Jets for the two first round picks this year plus a 2nd and a 1st next year

Again I know I am probably off on compensation but what are you thoughts? Could be any 3 teams including the Texans

14 minutes ago, 49ersfan said:

Saleh was his favourite/2nd favourite HC candidate, but it doesn't mean Saleh is his top choice compared to all other 32 HC's.

I could see the Jets as a destination, but why not Sean Payton or Kyle Shanahan? 

I also would've said Sean McVay, but the lack of a 2021 1st/Goff's contract make it difficult to pursue that trade for LA

The 49ers are most definitely a destination for Watson. It’s just that y’all won’t be able to offer Houston nearly as much. The no trade clause can only go so far. SF is too far down. As far as I see it, Houston would be better off trading with Miami or NYJ. Then it’s up to Watson. The Jets #2 is much better than Miami’s #3 since Houston will be able to pick the best of the non Lawrence QBs. But if Watson says no to NY, then Houston is in a pickle.

• Like 1