Deshaun Watson requests trade

49ersfan

1 hour ago, ET80 said:

It's like he's talking to me. 

Hire EB, keep Tim Kelly as OC and resign Fuller. We have a good chance he is staying. No way he goes to another poverty franchise like the Jets (sorry Jets fans) or the Dolphins and expects a SB lol. It is repairable.

Could honestly end any chance that the Jets or Dolphins acquire Watson, at least this year. They're the two teams with the possibility to offer the most attractive packages and I would imagine Caserio understands that next year's QBs are no where near as talented and stacked as this class.

The Houston Texans aren't going to ship off Watson for no.2 or no.3 so that they can deal with Mulugheta AGAIN when they draft Fields who obviously doesn't even want his premiere clients to be here.

3 hours ago, Drained said:

Could honestly end any chance that the Jets or Dolphins acquire Watson, at least this year. They're the two teams with the possibility to offer the most attractive packages and I would imagine Caserio understands that next year's QBs are no where near as talented and stacked as this class.

The Houston Texans aren't going to ship off Watson for no.2 or no.3 so that they can deal with Mulugheta AGAIN when they draft Fields who obviously doesn't even want his premiere clients to be here.

Lol you sound so worried. 

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, KhanYouDigIt said:

He is very worried. I think it’s quite obvious his time in Houston is over but they will hold on to the little bit of hope they have until the very end.

I remember the morning I woke up when we traded Revis. Literally turned my head and it’s the first thing I saw. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, ET80 said:

March 1st, when the new league year starts... I think.

Thats when they become official. I know that team can agree to trades prior to that...but I'm not sure when the window to negotiate trades opens. I'd imagine that it's always open. When the niners traded Alex Smith, for example, the new broke weeks before the league year started and it didn't become official until then. 

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, Forge said:

Thats when they become official. I know that team can agree to trades prior to that...but I'm not sure when the window to negotiate trades opens. I'd imagine that it's always open. When the niners traded Alex Smith, for example, the new broke weeks before the league year started and it didn't become official until then. 

Yep. It happens alot. Contracts between players and teams are pretty much done prior to the "official" date. Which is why some of the "anti-tampering" claims get thrown around so loosely by the media. 

• Like 1

4 hours ago, KhanYouDigIt said:

He is very worried. I think it’s quite obvious his time in Houston is over but they will hold on to the little bit of hope they have until the very end.

It's about as obvious as the Jags selecting me at #1...

Sig bet that nothing happens? If it's that obvious, this is money in the bag for you.

• Like 1

12 hours ago, Drained said:

Hire EB, keep Tim Kelly as OC and resign Fuller. We have a good chance he is staying. No way he goes to another poverty franchise like the Jets (sorry Jets fans) or the Dolphins and expects a SB lol. It is repairable.

Projecting a bit here, lol.

Watson has reportedly already voiced his interest in Miami - moreover, have you paid any attention to their turnaround? Flores deserves an abundance of credit, not sure how you could possibly belittle the Dolphins here.

As for the Jets, the sentiment is misguided. Watson (And Arob for that matter) have been flirting with the fanbase recently on twitter, liking numerous Jets related content. His brother is a Jets fan. He supposedly loves NYC. I wouldn't underestimate Saleh's impact on the perception of this team. Sherman is literally publicly advocating for Watson to join his former coach, who need I remind you, was one of Watsons top candidates.

…. Not that I think it'll ultimately happen, but read the room. You're kidding yourself if you think there's "no way" he'd go to either of these teams. Too much smoke.

• Like 1

I just dont buy him waiving his trade clause and the Texans agreeing to a place where both parties are happy on top of the new team. The value for Watson is way more then what any draft would have to offer, any team willing to offer up those amount of picks will be hurting in other areas. Dolphin fans say that the issue with Tua is the lack of talent on oline and weapons. So if that is the case then giving up the farm for watson will mean he has to deal with what he has in the Texans, injury prone Parker, no #2 wr, Geiscki (who I think is a solid TE), no real rb, and holes on the oline. As for the Jets they are in an even worse position. Yes they have a new HC in Saleh and yes that was one of the two coaches that Watson was interested in but he is defensive minded so how would this benefit him? Counting on a young LaFleur to be good, guess what he will be gone in 2 years for a HC gig if thats the case, not to mention the lack of weapons and oline that is even worse then where the texans are at, you have crowder as a slot and becton who could be an anchor for that oline but outside of that they offer little help. Yes they can go in to free agency and bring in some veterans to bulk that offense up but you brought in a def mind HC who would be more interested in fixing the side of the field he is the strongest on. Look at teams in the past on how they built them they always look at the side of the ball they are known for to fix first then the opposite down the road. So the only real teams that will be offering them picks would be teams like the niners, bears, colts, possible steelers, and cowboys, but none of those teams have the top picks that texans would be all for to move on from Watson. The best way to go is cave in and sign Bienemy have him smooth things over for watson giving him a year to see how the new GM/HC works to make him happy and then things will go back to normal as if this never happened. 

Edited by soflbillsfan
  • Like 1

12 hours ago, KhanYouDigIt said:

Why do you assume his time in houston is over?Media just spitting out stuff to make this time of year more interesting as there is only so much talk about the Championship games. The truth is he has 4 years left on his deal, he has yet to demand a trade, he has yet to say he is waiving his no trade clause, the team has yet to say he is being traded. This is how he is working the team on getting the HC he wants, there is a reason the Texans have yet to sign a HC because he is still in the playoffs with the Chiefs. So all this passive aggressive talk is to get what he wants which is the HC of his choice. He has literally no leverage to demand a trade, the amount of money it will cost them to trade him would be more then what he is due this year so they have no interest in doing that. He sits out they can collect some of the Guaranteed money he will be paid for this year so he will likely have to play and not sit out unless he is willing to lose money. It is a different story if he is on the franchise tag or one year left on his rookie deal but he agreed to a new deal last offseason so he is stuck whether he likes it or not. So unless some team over pays for his services that makes it worth it for the texans and Watson is willing to waive that no trade clause, then he is going to be in Houston for at least 1 more year if not longer.

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, soflbillsfan said:

Why do you assume his time in houston is over?

I'm so glad someone outside of Houston sees this for what it is - asymmetrical warfare by Watson. 

It's not a pretty situation, but it's the situation necessary to get the change that Watson needs right now. Ideally, the next HC is probably going to be around for the duration of Watson's career - best to have a say in it right now instead of backing a guy in front of the media because its expected from him.

I know there's been a LOT of coverage of Easterby but one thing I haven't quite gotten a handle on in these recent rumors if where Easterby stands on Watson - we know (or suspect) that Watson wants Easterby gone. Is that painting Easterby into a corner where he's going to end up pushing to trade Watson to consolidate control internally? Or does he view making peace with Watson as the best possible outlet to get all of this heat and scrutiny off of him? 

Edited by SalvadorsDeli