Deshaun Watson requests trade

49ersfan

1 hour ago, SalvadorsDeli said:

Or does he view making peace with Watson as the best possible outlet to get all of this heat and scrutiny off of him? 

Based on the 2nd ESPN article, this seems to be the most likely scenario - but who knows, that devil hasn't spoken since the issues were first brought up.

• Like 1

19 hours ago, Drained said:

Could honestly end any chance that the Jets or Dolphins acquire Watson, at least this year. They're the two teams with the possibility to offer the most attractive packages and I would imagine Caserio understands that next year's QBs are no where near as talented and stacked as this class.

The Houston Texans aren't going to ship off Watson for no.2 or no.3 so that they can deal with Mulugheta AGAIN when they draft Fields who obviously doesn't even want his premiere clients to be here.

You seem like you are grasping at straws to try and rationalize your desire for Watson to stay in Houston.

An agent's job is to get his player's in the best situations possible. If Watson wants out, which all indications are that he does, I bet you Mulugheta's dream scenario is to have Watson traded to beautiful Miami with no state income tax and have him play for a 10-6 team, and try to get Fields drafted as high as possible at #2 overall by the Jets, and leave Zach Wilson or Tua for the Texans and wipe his hands clean from the organization altogether. 

Or, perhaps he knows he'll have leverage in Fields negotiations with a Texans front office that is under intense scrutiny and pressure to make all the right moves from here on out.

Far from "ending any chance" the Jets or Dolphins acquire Watson. If anything I think it fuels the rumors more.

3 hours ago, SalvadorsDeli said:

I know there's been a LOT of coverage of Easterby but one thing I haven't quite gotten a handle on in these recent rumors if where Easterby stands on Watson - we know (or suspect) that Watson wants Easterby gone. Is that painting Easterby into a corner where he's going to end up pushing to trade Watson to consolidate control internally? Or does he view making peace with Watson as the best possible outlet to get all of this heat and scrutiny off of him? 

You'd think the Texans would've just fired Easterby after that story got out and became a PR nightmare for them, but if he really is attached at the hip with Nick Caserio, how do you fire the new GM's right hand man right after you bring him in? Perhaps Easterby is facing some pressure internally, I would guess they are forcing him to lay low while they try to sort this all out but then again Texans are talking about shopping him, which is unusual for a team that's committed to their QB. Another reason why I think Watson will ultimately be traded for a king's ransom and give the Texans an opportunity to kickstart their reparation of the BOB destruction and get this PR mess off Caserio's hands. 

Josh McCown has like a year of high school coaching experience right? Like at best that's a OC job not HC right? Most likely QB coach?

Was Bieniemy Josh's OC in any of the 57 years he was a backup? (edit: the answer is no)

Edited by Trojan

1 hour ago, AFlaccoSeagulls said:

Me too, and I don't drink so this is extra confusing.

Y'know what? I'm checking out. It's my wife's birthday today, we're gonna mask up and go to a Brazilian steakhouse, I'm going to get my weekly low carb cheat with a glass of wine, I manscaped, I got some nice brownies to set the scenario, I got mood music and candles if we're ready to go one direction, I got whips and cuffs ready if we go another direction...

...so, no. No devil, no Cal, you cannot ruin me today. GET THEE BEHIND ME SATAN, AND TAKE JOSH MCCOWN WITH YOU.

• Like 6

2 minutes ago, ET80 said:

Y'know what? I'm checking out. It's my wife's birthday today, we're gonna mask up and go to a Brazilian steakhouse, I'm going to get my weekly low carb cheat with a glass of wine, I manscaped, I got some nice brownies to set the scenario, I got mood music and candles if we're ready to go one direction, I got whips and cuffs ready if we go another direction...

...so, no. No devil, no Cal, you cannot ruin me today. GET THEE BEHIND ME SATAN, AND TAKE JOSH MCCOWN WITH YOU.

If you need a Mod, go to @Forge.

If you need a Texans representative, go to @Longhorns90, @Texansfan713 or @LORK88 (remember LORK? He's back... in Pog form!)

I am too over it to care right now. Double birds, I'm out bby.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, ET80 said:

Godspeed, ET!

• Like 1

2 hours ago, ET80 said:

Save me a seat sweet cheeks

• Like 1