Deshaun Watson requests trade

49ersfan

30 minutes ago, Drained said:

quote me when he goes to Miami 🤷  actually quote me when he comes out and says my top choice is miami and it becomes more than mort making "informed speculation"

Quoting you again because this has nothing to do with him going to Miami or potentially wanting to go to Miami. It has more to do with you referring to Miami as a poverty franchise that he can’t win a championship with

On 1/21/2021 at 10:58 PM, KingOfNewYork said:

Lol you sound so worried. 

I’d be worried as hell too. Lol. They’re about to lose their FQB. I can’t imagine having gone so many years without one, hitting on one and then losing said QB at age 25.

So far, I only know what it feels like to not have a FQB. But Jets fans were on suicide watch for 2 days when we beat the Rams. And that was just on the potential that Lawrence will be a FQB. Watson actually is already.

Edited by SDotNova

40 minutes ago, SDotNova said:

I’d be worried as hell too. Lol. They’re about to lose their FQB. I can’t imagine having gone so many years without one, hitting on one and then losing said QB at age 25.

So far, I only know what it feels like to not have a FQB. But Jets fans were on suicide watch for 2 days when we beat the Rams. And that was just on the potential that Lawrence will be a FQB. Watson actually is already.

Edited by KingOfNewYork

Lol that report came from Houston’s front office, I guarantee it. It just so happens his two preferences are the two teams that have the earliest picks that have any chance of being traded and also have a second first rounder?

lol yeah right.

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, pwny said:

Lol that report came from Houston’s front office, I guarantee it. It just so happens his two preferences are the two teams that have the earliest picks that have any chance of being traded and also have a second first rounder?

lol yeah right.

That does make sense, but why leak it to a Dolphins beat writer instead of a national reporter like Schefter/Rappaport

14 minutes ago, pwny said:

lol yeah right.

Well, it's not completely unbelievable. The Jets hired Saleh, someone that Watson very much wanted (wants) to work with. 

6 hours ago, iknowcool said:

Depends on what we trade. We could have made the playoffs last year with Watson given how many 1-score losses we had and the # of game-winning opportunities we had that Teddy failed to capitalize. An offense with Watson-CMC-Moore-Anderson would be filthy.

The texans had 8 one score losses this year, I believe. Defense has to be on the field sometimes too. Your defense is certainly better than Houston's was this year, but I imagine you understand what I'm saying. The panthers aren't a complete team right now and if the defense craters that pick could potentially be top 10 bad in one of those years. While that can happen to any team, I'd bank on that happening to the Panthers & Jets before I would the 49ers and Dolphins (though the 9ers have some injury concerns) which is why I would find the future picks from Carolina more enticing than the future picks from some of the other teams mentioned. 

• Like 2

I haven't been following along in this whole situation/thread but is there seriously a chance they do in fact trade him? Or is this "let's make smoke so people will think there's a fire" type thing going on?

I dunno how you trade him for less than 5 1RP. This just seems like something they could fix by some simple dialogue, right? If he gets traded as a young Franchise QB they will never get a decent FA to even visit.

1 minute ago, Chiefs_5627 said:

I haven't been following along in this whole situation/thread but is there seriously a chance they do in fact trade him? Or is this "let's make smoke so people will think there's a fire" type thing going on?

I dunno how you trade him for less than 5 1RP. This just seems like something they could fix by some simple dialogue, right? If he gets traded as a young Franchise QB they will never get a decent FA to even visit.

Do I think he's legitimately pissed at Houston? Absolutely. 

Do I think Houston is going to do everything in it's power to smooth this over? 100%. I don't think it's an easy fix, and if this truly stems from a culture break due to Easterby or something, there's a chance that it can't be undone. Houston inevitably would still have to blink, of course, but I don't thikn that Caserio is looking to come in and lose his franchise cornerstone. 

If I were to arbitrarily assign odds? I'd say 90% that he stays, 10% that he goes. Right now I'm thinking EB is the next head coach. If he's not, that number is going to very much change for me, I think. 

• Like 1