Deshaun Watson requests trade

49ersfan

Just now, Rodjahs12 said:

I can definitely understand the argument for giving up a 1st for him, I just personally probably wouldn’t. That doesn’t answer my question about the package you’d put together to get Houston to listen though. 

It'd be a three team trade, no way Houston takes anyone with the last name Carr. I'm assuming it'd be a trade where Houston gets a combined three 1st's, and three 2nd's, and the QB of the 3rd team. Three-way QB swap.

1 minute ago, BayRaider said:

It'd be a three team trade, no way Houston takes anyone with the last name Carr. I'm assuming it'd be a trade where Houston gets a combined three 1st's, and three 2nd's, and the QB of the 3rd team. Three-way QB swap.

Nick Foles to Houston then?

3 minutes ago, BayRaider said:

That might be enough, I don’t see how it could end up being the strongest offer they get for him though. Many of these teams (well teams fans anyway) seem perfectly happy to not only give up 3-4 first round picks, but a proven young player still on a rookie deal as well. That’s going to be extremely hard to compete with for any average team such as LV or Chicago.

Edited by Rodjahs12

Just now, Malfatron said:

Nick Foles to Houston then?

Nick Foles, David Culley, Nick Caserio, Jack Easterby. No Watson, no Watt, no Fuller, no Tunsil (you've got to figure he's next to be traded).

That team's going 0-16. Gonna get outscored by 40+ every week.

2 minutes ago, BayRaider said:

I think Houston would rather execute themselves.

That's pretty much what Easterby and Cal are doing - committing franchise suicide.

Cal gonna sell the team for $3.62 by the time he's done... and that's going to be $3.00 over market value.

1 minute ago, ET80 said:

Nick Foles, David Culley, Nick Caserio, Jack Easterby. No Watson, no Watt, no Fuller, no Tunsil (you've got to figure he's next to be traded).

That team's going 0-16. Gonna get outscored by 40+ every week.

then they start over with Sam Howell in 2022

r742440_1296x729_16-9.jpg

Another reason Raiders are probably going after Watson is because the Broncos will also be going hard after Watson, very hard. 

Raiders know if the division is Mahomes-Watson-Herbert-Carr that we will be going 6-10 for the next 12 years, regardless of defense. 

7 minutes ago, Malfatron said:

then they start over with Sam Howell in 2022

r742440_1296x729_16-9.jpg

I'd prefer Spencer Rattler...

86886bec-750b-49fc-ad0f-7eb97c01e9b4-USA

Lincoln Riley does good work with QBs - Baker Mayfield, Kyler Murray, Jalen Hurts - and Rattler has been learning from him since his Freshman season.

And... C'mon, the Texans Rattlesnake? Marketing doesn't even have to be good to get that hashtagging.

28 minutes ago, Rodjahs12 said:

If the 49ers offer Nick Bosa along with 3 1sts, I don’t see how anyone is going to beat that offer unless Miami hands over something like 7 top 100 picks in the next two years or something. 

They aren't going to offer that. They may offer the three firsts if they are interested, but honestly I'd be very surprised if the niners are aggressively in on Watson. We don't do bidding wars. 

10 minutes ago, Forge said:

They aren't going to offer that. They may offer the three firsts if they are interested, but honestly I'd be very surprised if the niners are aggressively in on Watson. We don't do bidding wars. 

Most years I’d definitely agree with you wholeheartedly, but Shannahan will likely never have an opportunity to work with a QB of Watson’s quality again no longer how long he coaches. I can easily see why he’d lobby hard for him, and that might be the one situation where the trade actually works out for the team giving up all that for one player. If the Jets were to do anything similar they’d probably look a lot like this years Houston team did regardless of Watson’s presence there for example.

Edited by Rodjahs12