Watson trade rumors

LoganF89

Just saw on my bleacher report saying deshaun Watson has quietly approached some team mates about possibly requesting a trade.

would you guys be interested? He’s a 4 year pro at 25 years old. He signed a 4 year extension for 156 million. Who knows how much the Texans would be on the hook for. 

I know it’s a really expensive deal but if the Texans do decide to shop him which I doubt, they would be responsible for some of that money.

would you want him? And what would you give up to attain him? The Texans finished with a 4-12 record but none of that was Watson’s fault at all, he actually had a really good season.

what would it cost to get him? Two 1st and 3rd or more

1 minute ago, MKnight82 said:

Yes I would trade the farm for him.  

Saw a report that the Texans would take a 21.6 million dollar dead cap charge so that would shrink his contract a good bit for us. 

what do you think it would take to get him? Two first a player and later picks?

1 minute ago, Slappy Mc said:

I'll double down on this.

Landon Collins, 2 firsts and a second. 

Get it done. 

I don’t think we can cut or trade landons contract til next year I believe. 

honestly tho I’ll trade the house for him. But I’m sure there would be a team that picks a lot higher that would do the same trade and beat us out

1 minute ago, LoganF89 said:

I don’t think we can cut or trade landons contract til next year I believe. 

honestly tho I’ll trade the house for him. But I’m sure there would be a team that picks a lot higher that would do the same trade and beat us out

The Texans would be eating some cap here too. It honestly would be reasonable. The only question is, could they use Landon. I dont know enough about their roster or starters, but Landon is definitely expendable for us and may be our best trade bait.

1 minute ago, PARROTHEAD said:

Nope. Too costly in both picks and salary.

This team is built defensively. As much resources as possible need be dedicated that direction. A game managing qb salary is all thats needed.

If we did acquire him we would essentially have our franchise qb that’s a solid passer and is mobile for about 33.5 mill a year Avg. 

to me that’s actually a great contract for a top 7 QB in the NFL

Sorry, don’t believe it. He may want a trade but I don’t think the Texans will do it.

If this happened though it’s going to take an RG3 type trade IMO. Two first round picks or Terry, a 2nd round pick and sure I’d throw in Landon Collins & Tim Settle too.

This franchise hasn’t had an actual QB you could put in the ballpark of a franchise QB since Theisman and I wouldn’t even put Theisman or Sonny Jurgensen in Watson’s ability as a player. This would be like trading for Sammy Baugh. 

If you could get a Watson in his prime, you move multiple picks & a few players too.

Here’s a question and something I’d ask for if I was Houston, if you want Watson, I’d want Chase Young in return.

What’s your response to that.

Edited by turtle28

1 minute ago, LoganF89 said:

If we did acquire him we would essentially have our franchise qb that’s a solid passer and is mobile for about 33.5 mill a year Avg. 

to me that’s actually a great contract for a top 7 QB in the NFL

The team can compete if they continue building the defense. Dabbling resources all over doesnt work. Or a team like Dallas with talent splattered everywhere wouldnt of had losing records the past few years. This team can build up like Flaccos Ravens. And that would do us a lot more good with a game managing qb than grabbing Watson and not finish building the defense.

Cause right now we have the foundation to build an all time great defense. If thats bailed on now. Its like building a Bentley and sticking a Chevy motor in it and saying good enough. The picks are needed, and help for the DL needs addressing.

• Like 1

Just now, RSkinGM said:

To take on that contract I need him and a second . I'll send back a 3rd . 😄

They’re going to want Chase Young and or Terry back in return, and even that might not be enough for a guy like Watson who outplayed Mahomes & Rodgers this year w/ less weapons.

4 minutes ago, RSkinGM said:

To take on that contract I need him and a second . I'll send back a 3rd . 😄

It would be an average of 33.5 mill a year for 4 years once the texans take the 21.6 million in dead cap charges...

actually a good deal for a top 5 qb