Watson trade rumors

LoganF89

It would be a monster deal - the type of player AND LEADER of D Watson's caliber would command a Ricky Williams type deal. We might be able to get creative and package a couple players - to free up the cap h*** that Billy boy left them when he departed.  But would we really want to do something that looks like this:

Texans Trade:

D Watson

[Insert player(s) that would provide Texans with cap relief]

Washington Trade:

2021 First

2022 First

2021 2nd

2021 3rd

It wouldn't take as much as you guys think. Hell, they traded Deandre Hopkins for like 2nd & change.

Yea, I know that was probably the idiot O'brien's doing, but still.

Plus, we could take on his contract & help the Texans on their cap hit I believe.

That significantly lowers the price.

I would do it for 1st this year. (2021)

A 2nd next year. (2022)

Landon Collins (We have curl)

Matt Ionitus (expendable)

Under no circumstances, do I trade Chase Young, Scary Terry or Montez Sweat. They're the HEART ❤️ of this team.

Anybody else on the roster, I would listen.

The Issue is we could never Beat the Jets Offer if it was a pick only trade not only could they throw in someone like Darnold they could also use the 2nd pick if Texans like a current QB

And while its fun to talk about no one would be stupid enough to trade him if Bill O'Brian wasn't dumb enough to

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, aceinthehouse said:

It wouldn't take as much as you guys think. Hell, they traded Deandre Hopkins for like 2nd & change.

Yea, I know that was probably the idiot O'brien's doing, but still.

Plus, we could take on his contract & help the Texans on their cap hit I believe.

That significantly lowers the price.

I would do it for 1st this year. (2021)

A 2nd next year. (2022)

Landon Collins (We have curl)

Matt Ionitus (expendable)

Under no circumstances, do I trade Chase Young, Scary Terry or Montez Sweat. They're the HEART ❤️ of this team.

Anybody else on the roster, I would listen.

No chance that's enough. 

• Like 1

Just now, MikeT14 said:

No chance that's enough. 

I would do it for picks or an RG3 type deal.

But no way in hell I'm trading a two 1sts, chase Young, scary Terry, Matt Ionitus , a 3rd, my home, Megan Fox, etc...

Don't get me wrong...Desean Watson is a stud.

But I'm not gutting my defense, to do it.

Ionitus? Sure

We're loaded up front & can draft some more D-line

1st rounders? Sure, they're likely to be later picks anyways...

But trading scary Terry & chase Young, is like trading Art Monk & Dexter Manley.

Ain't gonna happen, if I was making the call.

12 minutes ago, aceinthehouse said:

I would do it for picks or an RG3 type deal.

But no way in hell I'm trading a two 1sts, chase Young, scary Terry, Matt Ioannidis , a 3rd, my home, Megan Fox, etc...

Don't get me wrong...Dashun Watson is a stud.

But I'm not gutting my defense, to do it.

Ionitus? Sure

We're loaded up front & can draft some more D-line

1st rounders? Sure, they're likely to be later picks anyways...

But trading scary Terry & chase Young, is like trading Art Monk & Dexter Manley.

Ain't gonna happen, if I was making the call.

Then, you’re not getting Watson. He’s a franchise QB just entering his prime coming off the best year in his career who led the NFL in passing yards.

I would really have to think long & hard about trading for him.

How would he fair in the Washington weather outside & cold? Same with Stafford.

What would it cost in compensation, other than financial? Same with Stafford.

I would have to weigh the costs & compensation between Watson vs Stafford.

If the compensation for both were equal or close? No brainier....going with Watson.

But what if Stafford could be had wayyyyy cheaper? Money/picks/player, etc.

Then I would side with Stafford.

But I would certainly be aggressive in trying to get one of these guys.

1 hour ago, turtle28 said:

If this happened though it’s going to take an RG3 type trade IMO. Two first round picks or Terry, a 2nd round pick and sure I’d throw in Landon Collins & Tim Settle too.

I'd LOVE to have him. But I don't think the Texans are gonna let him go so this is all just theorycraft.

See bolded. That's what I'd offer. They get two guys who could start for them (or be good backups) and they get two firsts in the next two drafts.

@PARROTHEADdoes bring up a great point. If you absorb his cap hit, do we have enough cap to keep the core of our defense together?

I would never throw Terry in the trade. Watson is absolutely more valuable but I’m not giving up multiple firsts and one of the leagues best, you receivers. Also, Landon Collins nor Matt Ioannidis provide anything to a team in full rebuild mode. This would be an unprecedented trade and would cost an outrageous amount of capital and while I’d love to have Watson it just doesn’t make sense to do this.

Go sign Dak or make a move for Stafford but there’s no way in parting with multiple firsts with a team this young. 

• Like 2

I can't imagine them trading him.  For what reason?

I am totally up for trading picks for a qb who can give us something right now, such as like Darnold or Stafford or someone in that realm.  But that would be a single first round pick for a reasonable contract, this trade would be too expensive.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Troublez said:

It would be a monster deal - the type of player AND LEADER of D Watson's caliber would command a Ricky Williams type deal. We might be able to get creative and package a couple players - to free up the cap h*** that Billy boy left them when he departed.  But would we really want to do something that looks like this:

Texans Trade:

D Watson

[Insert player(s) that would provide Texans with cap relief]

Washington Trade:

2021 First

2022 First

2021 2nd

2021 3rd

They’d want Chase Young & Terry McLaurin too.

22 minutes ago, Thaiphoon said:

I'd LOVE to have him. But I don't think the Texans are gonna let him go so this is all just theorycraft.

See bolded. That's what I'd offer. They get two guys who could start for them (or be good backups) and they get two firsts in the next two drafts.

@PARROTHEADdoes bring up a great point. If you absorb his cap hit, do we have enough cap to keep the core of our defense together?

I think given Watson’s cap hit that we are bound to lose one or two of our best DL in the future. We’ll have a tough time improving our roster too but, that can be improved with just good FAs & through the draft.

Anyway you shake it I don’t see this happening.

• Like 1