Watson trade rumors

LoganF89

23 minutes ago, MKnight82 said:

No they aren't smart but owners want to sell tickets, and if they trade Watson they will have no face of the franchise.  

There’s this guy JJ Watt, maybe you’ve heard of him and they’ll likely get a top 10 pick if they trade Watson too. So, that player would at least be one of the faces of the franchises as a young player.

And the rumors are starting that the Texans would prefer to trade him to an NFC team. As an aside, if they include Chase Young or Terry in any of these deals then I’m out. I won’t watch them tear everything down again so Snyder can sell jerseys. Picks, go for it. I’d be willing to give up three firsts and two two’s for Watson. If that’s not enough then at least we tried. You can’t gut your whole team. 

Not something I really want to do but, if we trade for Watson and did lose Chase our roster would still be pretty awesome:

QB: Watson

RB: Gibson, McKissic, Kylie Hill (6th)

TE: Thomas, Tony Poljan (4th)

LT: Lucas, Christian

LG: Charles, Scherweitzer 

C : Roullier, Ismael

RG: Scherff (re-sign), Sadarius Hutcherson (5th)

RT: Moses, Sharpe

WR1: Terry, Isaiah Wright

WR2: Curtis Samuel (FA signing), Kelvin Harmon

WR3: Cam Sims, Jaydon Mickens (FA from TB also Punt Returner)

DE: Sweat

DT: Allen, Settle

DT: Payne, Ioannidis 

DE: Kerrigan (re-sign)

WLB: Collins, Hudson

MLB: Avery Williamson (FA signing), Dylan Moses (2nd)

SLB: Holcomb, Barron Browning (3rd)

CB: Fuller, Stroman

CB: Darby, DJ Daniel (Georgia, 7th)

CB: Moreland, Danny Johnson

SS: Curl, Everrett 

FS: Reaves, Paris Ford (3rd)

Edited by turtle28

I would do this for Watson.

1st #19)

2021 3rd rounder(leaving us with 1 still)

1st rounder in 2022

DE)Matt Ionitus

SS)Landon Collins

OG)Brandon Scherff

I would try this....why?

Ionitus is a heck of player, but we're deep on the line. I would rather Keep Tim Settle for depth at DT than pay DE Matt a ton of money to stay with what we already have.

We have Landon's replacement in Cameran Curl. Landon is a big name, who's replaceable.

I personally think Scherff is good, but not All Pro good like he was recognized this year for. His value is extremely high right now. Now, is the time to trade him while we can, or we will be paying him a Gazillion dollars to stay.

I would draft his replacement or sign a vet FA this season.

12 hours ago, aceinthehouse said:

I would do this for Watson.

1st #19)

2021 3rd rounder(leaving us with 1 still)

1st rounder in 2022

DE)Matt Ionitus

SS)Landon Collins

OG)Brandon Scherff

I would try this....why?

Ionitus is a heck of player, but we're deep on the line. I would rather Keep Tim Settle for depth at DT than pay DE Matt a ton of money to stay with what we already have.

We have Landon's replacement in Cameran Curl. Landon is a big name, who's replaceable.

I personally think Scherff is good, but not All Pro good like he was recognized this year for. His value is extremely high right now. Now, is the time to trade him while we can, or we will be paying him a Gazillion dollars to stay.

I would draft his replacement or sign a vet FA this season.

You can’t trade a player who’s a free agent, Scherff is a free agent. The Texans have no need for Landon Collins, they have good safeties, it’s just their starters got hurt this year & their rookie was developing. Also their starting OLB was hurt, their MLB was hurt and their NT was hurt.

If their D hadn’t been so injured they may have been a playoff team in 2020.

Edited by turtle28

3 minutes ago, ripsean21 said:

So we give up one less first gift Watson to Minnesota to regain Kirk🤣🤣🤣

Yeah, I don’t agree with that. I just edited it to write that I don’t think we should have to give up a 1st in this proposal, Minny should give a 2023 1st also but, I would loved to see Kirk throwing to Terry, w/ Gibby in the backfield & to have this defense behind him.

8 minutes ago, turtle28 said:

Like Kirk would have to go to Houston and picks would go to Minny and Houston and we get Watson they are cap strapped and I’m not giving up picks to retain Kirks so Minnesota can give up 2 1’s and a 2 when we give up 1 less one and end up with Kirk that’s hillarious