Watson trade rumors

LoganF89

1 minute ago, ripsean21 said:

Like Kirk would have to go to Houston and picks would go to Minny and Houston and we get Watson they are cap strapped and I’m not giving up picks to retain Kirks so Minnesota can give up 2 1’s and a 2 when we give up 1 less one and end up with Kirk that’s hilarious.

Yeah, I don’t agree with that part of it. We shouldn’t have to give up a 1st to get Kirk back. It’s gotta be a Houston fan who thought of this bc they had Kirk coming back to DC.

I’d love to get Watson or frankly I’d love to get Kirk back but I wouldn’t give up a 1st & 2nd to get Kirk back.

3 minutes ago, turtle28 said:

Yeah, I don’t agree with that. I just edited it to write that I don’t think we should have to give up a 1st in this proposal, Minny should give a 2023 1st also but, I would loved to see Kirk throwing to Terry, w/ Gibby in the backfield & to have this defense behind him.

I’ve honestly seen enough Kirk here to be real 🤣🤣🤣

13 minutes ago, naptownskinsfan said:

With the Rams/Lions deal for Stafford, that means the bar is set ridiculously high for a Watson trade right? 

if it’s richer than that deal, I would have to say I’m out on that one

I mean they dumped a contract with Goff. So that’s why you have to give up higher selections. Then they are high picks but their also futures so they aren’t like giving a 1 this year. Those 2 futures essentially equal a 1 this year and the 3rd is basically the cost of dumping Goff like Denver did with Oswieler.

27 minutes ago, naptownskinsfan said:

With the Rams/Lions deal for Stafford, that means the bar is set ridiculously high for a Watson trade right? 

if it’s richer than that deal, I would have to say I’m out on that one

Watson isn’t getting traded. Nobody can afford what he’s worth. 

3 minutes ago, lavar703 said:

It would cost us #19, a 1st in 2022, 1st in 2023

Our 2nd rounder, a 2nd in 2022

One of our 2 3rd rounders

Chase Young

Monte Sweat

Terry Mclaurin

And we'd probably have to throw in Cameran Curl as a cherry 🍒 on top.

Seriously....

It would be cheaper to trade up to #1, for Trevor Lawrence.

• Like 1

22 hours ago, aceinthehouse said:

I would do this for Watson.

1st #19)

2021 3rd rounder(leaving us with 1 still)

1st rounder in 2022

DE)Matt Ionitus

SS)Landon Collins

OG)Brandon Scherff

I would try this....why?

Ionitus is a heck of player, but we're deep on the line. I would rather Keep Tim Settle for depth at DT than pay DE Matt a ton of money to stay with what we already have.

We have Landon's replacement in Cameran Curl. Landon is a big name, who's replaceable.

I personally think Scherff is good, but not All Pro good like he was recognized this year for. His value is extremely high right now. Now, is the time to trade him while we can, or we will be paying him a Gazillion dollars to stay.

I would draft his replacement or sign a vet FA this season.

If you can figure out how to trade a guy who is not under contract for Watson, then you are a genius :)  

10 hours ago, lavar703 said:

The Dolphins are the only team that makes sense because they can include Tua in the deal, and just had a huge bounty of first rounders this past draft.  The Stafford deal really cements them as the only competition.  

29 minutes ago, naptownskinsfan said:

The Dolphins are the only team that makes sense because they can include Tua in the deal, and just had a huge bounty of first rounders this past draft.  The Stafford deal really cements them as the only competition.  

While I agree I think you maybe take a hair less and send him to a NFC team to get him completely out of conference. I just wouldn’t want to be the team that gives it up for Watson. In 3 years whats to say he doesn’t want to sign with Indy to get back at Houston. If you don’t win with Watson in this contract while you have no 1’s during I just see him going elsewhere. The best business would be to scout your tail off these next two QB classes and identify your guy.

11 hours ago, aceinthehouse said:

You can franchise or Transition tag players & then trade them.

It's happened several times before.

That kind of situation is rare and might work for a qb on the first tag.  But we already did tag him.  The cost is too high now.

22 minutes ago, ovfd55 said:

So 

I Don't think they trade him but I'd give the 2 1st 2 2s Payne(Or any Dlineman not named Young) and Curl

It’s just too much. What happens when we’re on the 33 yard line and that 3rd tear happens? Idk I think we know my stance and I’m not giving them two guys on cheap rookie deals it has to atleast involve Collins then they can pick between one of the DL not named Chase and if it’s Tez you don’t give 2 2’s you give a 2 and 4

The thing about Watson is yes he will get Houston a Haul. But the longer they go and if they do what we did with Trent and what AB did with Pittsburgh teams know he doesn’t want to be there!!! If they carry this to the trade deadline because he doesn’t strap up imagine the picks they miss out on if they don’t move him soon. I know Houston doesn’t want to do this but the cost of waiting is going to be even worse then just accepting the player isn’t going to strap up your colors ever again and getting the best thing you can moving him out of conference

• Like 1