Watson trade rumors

25 minutes ago, aceinthehouse said:

Man, I sure wish O'brien was still in charge in Houston.

We probably could have got Watson for like Cam Sims jr & a 3rd. 

😂

But he’s not. So the Texans making bad trades last year and in previous years is irrelevant today. Same with Washington, Bruce Allen is gone also.

• Like 1
38 minutes ago, ET80 said:

Right... right... Once upon a time. How silly of me.

Anywho... how's Dwayne Haskins working out for you? How about that big money deal to Haha Clinton-Dix? 

Slow your role there, buddy. You're a year removed from perpetually picking top 5 and you managed to make the playoffs because SOMEBODY had to win a horrible division. Don't try to walk around like you accomplished so much more than anyone else because you back doored yourself into the playoffs at 7-9.

Good One Lol GIF by Justin

Hahha - @ET80 your right. ... I see now that your front office efforts this season have far exceeded the WFT's in term of success.

But all joking aside - we are not accomplished and I am not walking around as such.... its more that the Texan's (BY ALL MEASURES) have orchestrated the worst moves of any team in the NFL For the 2020 season. Thus its childish to compare your front office to any other team ... and I think deep down inside you know that too. 

Any who - thanks for the laugh. You Texas fans are always the best! 

26 minutes ago, Troublez said:

But all joking aside - we are not accomplished and I am not walking around as such.... its more that the Texan's (BY ALL MEASURES) have orchestrated the worst moves of any team in the NFL For the 2020 season.

I don't disagree - not in the least. But that was done under the eyes of arguably the worst GM/HC combos in football. Bill O'Brien the HC and William O'Brien III the GM were not capable of performing their roles ...and it showed. He's now lining up to become Alabama's OC, serving as Nick Saban's whipping boy ...not exactly the career path of a successful NFL GM.

We really don't know what the 2021 FO and HC can do, because we're less than 48 hours from Nick Caserio getting the gig. None of us really know - especially given that Bill Belicheck isn't exactly a person who delegates personnel decisions. What we DO know is that New England rarely overpays for marginal talent. Will Caserio bring that to the table? Don't know, guess we'll find out over the next six years.

Thus its childish to compare your front office to any other team ... and I think deep down inside you know that too. 

I think spending as much time as we do on this site talking football is childish in itself, so we sorta broke the seal on that a while ago. It's all fair game on the internet - just take a look at the comments section of any Facebook or Twitter thread.

I think we can agree - neither the Texans or WFT are up for Executive of the Year awards. We both have more misses than hits. Fair?

Any who - thanks for the laugh. You Texas fans are always the best! 

I appreciate that. Good luck in the playoffs! I've got a soft spot for WFT with Alex Smith - I still remember that game he broke his leg (against the Texans, no less) so to see him playing again is really inspiring. I wish him - and by extension WFT - the best.

• Like 1

@ET80 Actually, Rivera is going to be in the running for HC of the year and he’s also the one who had control of football operations. So, I’d say he may actually be in the running for executive of the year, if it’s not him, it’s Kyle Allen. Most of the FA signings have been steals, hit a home run on not only Chase Young but also our 3rd round pick Antonio Gibson & 7th round pick, SS Kamren Curl.

7 minutes ago, turtle28 said:

@ET80 Actually, Rivera is going to be in the running for HC of the year and he’s also the one who had control of football operations

Is he? Over Stefanski? McDermott? Reich? Vrabel? The usual suspects (Reid, Tomlin)?

It's a pretty crowded field. Stefanski took the Cleveland Browns to 10 wins his rookie season as a HC and churned out perhaps the best run game in the NFL while revamping Baker Mayfield's career projection. 

That's hard to top, IMO. 

9 minutes ago, turtle28 said:

So, I’d say he may actually be in the running for executive of the year, if it’s not him, it’s Kyle Allen. Most of the FA signings have been steals, hit a home run on not only Chase Young but also our 3rd round pick Antonio Gibson & 7th round pick, SS Kamren Curl.

I won't argue that, mostly because I don't know how this compares to the rest of the rookie classes in the NFL. 

This being said - Brandon Beane in Buffalo flipped picks for Stefon Diggs and created one of the best passing attacks in the process. It may not have the quantity that Young/Gibson/Curl have, but that one move pushed Buffalo into a legitimate contender against Mahomes and KC.

3 minutes ago, ET80 said:

Is he? Over Stefanski? McDermott? Reich? Vrabel? The usual suspects (Reid, Tomlin)?

It's a pretty crowded field. Stefanski took the Cleveland Browns to 10 wins his rookie season as a HC and churned out perhaps the best run game in the NFL while revamping Baker Mayfield's career projection. 

That's hard to top, IMO. 

I won't argue that, mostly because I don't know how this compares to the rest of the rookie classes in the NFL. 

This being said - Brandon Beane in Buffalo flipped picks for Stefon Diggs and created one of the best passing attacks in the process. It may not have the quantity that Young/Gibson/Curl have, but that one move pushed Buffalo into a legitimate contender against Mahomes and KC.

None of them overcame cancer to get their team to the playoffs that I know of.

2 minutes ago, turtle28 said:

None of them overcame cancer to get their team to the playoffs that I know of.

Chuck Pagano did in 2012 - he didn't win CoTY.

I'm not trying to trivialize what Riveria did - Cancer is a horrible, horrible, HORRIBLE thing for anyone to deal with, whether you're the HC of WFT or a garbage man.

This being said, I don't think it should have relevance to CoTY. But, that's just me.

40 minutes ago, ET80 said:

Chuck Pagano did in 2012 - he didn't win CoTY.

I'm not trying to trivialize what Riveria did - Cancer is a horrible, horrible, HORRIBLE thing for anyone to deal with, whether you're the HC of WFT or a garbage man.

This being said, I don't think it should have relevance to CoTY. But, that's just me.

He probably won’t win it bc this franchise generally gets hosed in consideration for major awards. It wouldn’t surprise me if the writers give Jeremy Chinn the DPOY over Chase Young too bc they don’t respect us.

• Like 2
1 minute ago, turtle28 said:

It wouldn’t surprise me if the writers give Jeremy Chinn the DPOY over Chase Young too bc they don’t respect us.

Agreed - Chase Young is everything Jadevion Clowney was supposed to be. I like the moxy he's showing now, calling for Tom Brady.

You got a very special defender on your hands. Enjoy it.

• Like 1
Just now, ET80 said:

Agreed - Chase Young is everything Jadevion Clowney was supposed to be. I like the moxy he's showing now, calling for Tom Brady.

You got a very special defender on your hands. Enjoy it.

Just as an example, you know the Art Monk & Peter King story don’t you?

To this day Peter King would still say that Art Monk shouldn’t be in the hall of fame despite the fact of when Monk retired he was #1 in NFL history in receptions & he had won 3 Super Bowls on top of Pro Bowls etc.

• Like 2
Just now, turtle28 said:

To this day Peter King would still say that Art Monk shouldn’t be in the hall of fame despite the fact of when Monk retired he was #1 in NFL history in receptions & he had won 3 Super Bowls on top of Pro Bowls etc.

Vaguely familiar...

1 hour ago, turtle28 said:

There's words I can't use on this site that I have to profess the depths of my hatred for King for what he did to personally lobby against Monk for all those years. Suffice to say, the cleaner versions is that I hope he gets a raging case of hemorrhoids that never heals.

• Like 1

@ET80 I will say it does look like you know a bit about the WFT but some there are some things that have changed and you may have wrong.

1. This is a completely different team then the last decade or so

2. a coach that’s well respected and has changed the culture on the team in one season

3. Yeah we have had some misses the past few seasons like Haskins and Collins but... Payne, Allen, Settle, Sweat, Young, Scherrf, Gibson, Curl,  Roullier, Mclaurin and Ioannidis are all picks we have hit on and could start on many teams that we have drafted ourselves over the past 5 years.

4. Our main problem is QB. If we had even an average QB or slightly above avg your talking about a team with a minimum of 10 wins this year.

5. What big money deal for Clinton-Dix? We traded a 4th rounder for him.....

6. if you look at this offseason in FA we added mckissic who has 80 catches, Darby who is playing like a number 1 this year, and Logan Thomas who finally has enough experience in a position change to where he’s become a top TE in the league. All of them are out performing their contracts by a landslide 

once again this is a complete different team

whats the Texans excuse? From everything I read and heard yalls culture is like the redskins of years past. We all saw Watts interview, that was our problem. Y’all had enough talent to make some noise this year but talent isn’t everything if their mind isn’t on the prize

as for deshaun watson, do I think the Texans trade him? No I don’t, but if he wanted to force their hand to do so then I could potentially see it as a possibility, it all depends what the new coach wants to do. If he decides to want to do a full rebuild then he would be wasting Watson’s prime. And I’m order to do a full rebuild you need picks. 

outside of Tunsil, Watson is probably your only valuable player on yalls offense next year bc face it, Fuller is probably gonna sign somewhere else and I don’t see the Texans being a prime destination for FAs. If you go full rebuild y’all could pull a dolphins and litterally stock up on picks while shedding salary and be ready to compete in 2-3 years as long as you hit on some picks but that’s easier said than done.

in the end I don’t mean to talk negatively about the Texans bc I actually like them but to say some of the things about our franchise that you did are wrong. We are a team trending up. Like I said all we need is a QB and some small pieces around him

whether we hit the jackpot on Watson (doubt he’s traded) sign Dak Prescott or even a vet like Fitzpatrick, or can get a Trey Lance in the draft. Either way with our defense we need an avg QB to be competitive, a great QB makes us a contender

• Like 1
5 hours ago, LoganF89 said:

@ET80 I will say it does look like you know a bit about the WFT but some there are some things that have changed and you may have wrong.

1. This is a completely different team then the last decade or so

2. a coach that’s well respected and has changed the culture on the team in one season

3. Yeah we have had some misses the past few seasons like Haskins and Collins but... Payne, Allen, Settle, Sweat, Young, Scherrf, Gibson, Curl,  Roullier, Mclaurin and Ioannidis are all picks we have hit on and could start on many teams that we have drafted ourselves over the past 5 years.

4. Our main problem is QB. If we had even an average QB or slightly above avg your talking about a team with a minimum of 10 wins this year.

5. What big money deal for Clinton-Dix? We traded a 4th rounder for him.....

6. if you look at this offseason in FA we added mckissic who has 80 catches, Darby who is playing like a number 1 this year, and Logan Thomas who finally has enough experience in a position change to where he’s become a top TE in the league. All of them are out performing their contracts by a landslide 

once again this is a complete different team

whats the Texans excuse? From everything I read and heard yalls culture is like the redskins of years past. We all saw Watts interview, that was our problem. Y’all had enough talent to make some noise this year but talent isn’t everything if their mind isn’t on the prize

as for deshaun watson, do I think the Texans trade him? No I don’t, but if he wanted to force their hand to do so then I could potentially see it as a possibility, it all depends what the new coach wants to do. If he decides to want to do a full rebuild then he would be wasting Watson’s prime. And I’m order to do a full rebuild you need picks. 

outside of Tunsil, Watson is probably your only valuable player on yalls offense next year bc face it, Fuller is probably gonna sign somewhere else and I don’t see the Texans being a prime destination for FAs. If you go full rebuild y’all could pull a dolphins and litterally stock up on picks while shedding salary and be ready to compete in 2-3 years as long as you hit on some picks but that’s easier said than done.

in the end I don’t mean to talk negatively about the Texans bc I actually like them but to say some of the things about our franchise that you did are wrong. We are a team trending up. Like I said all we need is a QB and some small pieces around him

whether we hit the jackpot on Watson (doubt he’s traded) sign Dak Prescott or even a vet like Fitzpatrick, or can get a Trey Lance in the draft. Either way with our defense we need an avg QB to be competitive, a great QB makes us a contender

Judging by your post, I’d say you don’t know the Texans very well. 

Watt is upset because of how his defense performed on the on the field. The same defense that has been great most years since they drafted Watt in 2011 which was used to be a reason they made the playoffs almost every year before they drafted Watson despite having awful QB play & an awful offense - a wasted year fir Watson, something Watt knows all about from his years of seeing the opposite - a worse unit than the Texans offense this year.

Edited by turtle28