Watson trade rumors

LoganF89

8 hours ago, Matts4313 said:

DeShaun Watson is worth 5 chase youngs. 

You think that Bosa or Herbert means more to the Chargers? Watt or a young big ben? Strahan or Manning? Freeny + Mathis or Peyton? The entire Pats/saints DL's or a young Brady/Brees? 

You get the point

I do get the point, I would do it. I just want the posters in here to put it in perspective what it’s actually going to take to get Watson bc some people have been throwing around some lousy trade offers and thinking it will get done.

19 hours ago, Umbaugh21 said:

I think it would take this years first and second and next years first to get Watson. Which is a lot. 

I think you're missing the rest of the trade offer ;) - and no, that isn't a lot for an arguably Top 5 QB in the NFL. 

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, MikeT14 said:

I think you're missing the rest of the trade offer ;) - and no, that isn't a lot for an arguably Top 5 QB in the NFL. 

I was about to say I’m not about giving up assets but I’d do that because there’s not to much future implications outside of the 1st next year. We could move a few pieces and and recoup assets with our DL to supplement that type of haul if jump on that trade

2 hours ago, MikeT14 said:

I don’t really value him as a top 5 QB in the NFL. I think he’s been overhyped a lot for playing on a bad team. Not to mention he has had 2 reconstructive surgeries on his knees and has a big contract. Don’t get me wrong he’d come in and be the best QB that we’ve had in a very long time. But he’s not a sure top 5 QB IMO. Hasn’t done enough against good defenses to warrant that rating. 

• Like 1

22 hours ago, turtle28 said:

I do get the point, I would do it. I just want the posters in here to put it in perspective what it’s actually going to take to get Watson bc some people have been throwing around some lousy trade offers and thinking it will get done.

IF I was negotiating for the Texans I would ask for Terry mclaurin, Montez Sweat + 1rst and 2nd 2021, 2nd and 3rd 2022 and 1rst 2023.

41 minutes ago, DaWg_LB. said:

IF I was negotiating for the Texans I would ask for Terry mclaurin, Montez Sweat + 1rst and 2nd 2021, 2nd and 3rd 2022 and 1rst 2023.

So the equivalent value of almost 5 “right now” first rounders? For the right to pay a guy $35-40M/year? 

He’s great. But he’s not that great. If he was on a rookie deal, that’s one thing, but no one can give up 4-5 current year 1st round picks worth of value for the right to give someone 20% (or more) of the salary cap. Not when that guy isn’t a walking, talking one-man perennial playoff berth, which clearly he isn’t. We’d just end up as 2020 Texans East in a couple seasons, with Chase Young in the role of JJ Watt.

If they end up looking for anything approaching that, they’re just gonna be keeping him. Which they should anyway, so I guess it all works out in the end. I don’t blame them (or hypothetical you) for asking for the world, but I don’t believe anyone can meet that price and still prosper. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, DaWg_LB. said:

So essentially your asking for the anti Bill O’Brien deal to make up for every bad trade he made to fix those that’s not how it works. But I promise no team is paying that!!! RG’s trade is about where your at for a realistic return maybe a pick or two more or less mid round to juice the deal but I just want you to realize what you just wrote is a trade that Nobody would even say no you’d hang up the phone!!! That’s insane!!!

Edited by ripsean21

2 hours ago, Umbaugh21 said:

I don’t really value him as a top 5 QB in the NFL. I think he’s been overhyped a lot for playing on a bad team. Not to mention he has had 2 reconstructive surgeries on his knees and has a big contract. Don’t get me wrong he’d come in and be the best QB that we’ve had in a very long time. But he’s not a sure top 5 QB IMO. Hasn’t done enough against good defenses to warrant that rating. 

I was going to mention that earlier in the thread he’s had two knee surgeries!!! Haven’t we learned trading the farm for QB’s with knee issues? I’m with you I’m a huge Watson fan but yeah I just wouldn’t make this trade for the realistic price it would or should cost outside of him going full AB out here.

On 1/10/2021 at 4:03 AM, Matts4313 said:

DeShaun Watson is worth 5 chase youngs. 

You think that Bosa or Herbert means more to the Chargers? Watt or a young big ben? Strahan or Manning? Freeny + Mathis or Peyton? The entire Pats/saints DL's or a young Brady/Brees? 

You get the point

Sure but then you’re saddled to a $35M contract and have no picks and traded your best player to boot. I’ll pass. I’d rather take my chances trying to find a QB. 

• Like 1