Lindor and Carrasco to the METS

bigbadbuff

44 minutes ago, MWil23 said:

The Indians are now below the MARLINS in payroll...

L

O

L

Less than half of the #29 club, Baltimore.  https://www.spotrac.com/mlb/payroll/

$22 million, with JRam taking up 40% of that.  

He gone.  

To the Dolan family.......as we transition out of this holiday season...........

suck my dick GIF

We're about to pi$& away the pre-arbitration and arbitration years of some of the best young starting pitching in the game.  

Mr. Dolan.....

share discover GIF

Oh wait.  The "No offense" was simply supposed to acknowledge the fact that "we" (and I'm using that term more loosely with every passing second) won't score any damn runs.  

• Like 2

44 minutes ago, MWil23 said:

The Indians are now below the MARLINS in payroll...

L

O

L

Less than half of the #29 club, Baltimore.  https://www.spotrac.com/mlb/payroll/

$22 million, with JRam taking up 40% of that.  

He gone.  

To the Dolan family.......as we transition out of this holiday season...........

suck my dick GIF

We're about to pi$& away the pre-arbitration and arbitration years of some of the best young starting pitching in the game.  

Mr. Dolan.....

share discover GIF

Oh wait.  The "No offense" was simply supposed to acknowledge the fact that "we" (and I'm using that term more loosely with every passing second) won't score any damn runs.  

• Like 1

I mean I get that with Dolan being who he is Lindor was going to be traded. And I get that knowing that teams were going to offer less. But there is no way this was the best offer. Not only do you get a horrendous return you don't even get the most you could have. This is Manfred needs to say no "for good of the game" level bad

When I moved to CA in 2017 I adopted the Padres as my west coast/NL team. I liked the small (for the west coast) market and the vibe of the team, and I didn't feel like I was jumping on a bandwagon because they hadn't gotten good yet and the Dodgers were already, well, the Dodgers. So routing for anyone else in their division felt like voting for the underdog.

It's been bananas to me to see how differently the two teams have approached the last couple years. Both teams are really good at player development. But the Padres have used it to get a core of young, cost-controlled guys and then burning the excess for pieces to help them compete. Cleveland uses their good player development as an excuse to never pay anyone and to trade away anyone getting close to FA. The difference in attitude by ownership is amazing, and clearly is at the root of the difference in how fun it is to be a fan of either team right now.

So I won't be buying any Cleveland (Indians? Spiders? Cheapskates?) merchandise or watching any of their games on a platform from which they would gain ad revenue until the Dolans sell the team. I'm pretty comfortable with that decision.

• Like 1