Deshaun Watson

Ty21

0% it happens, but if the bears were to trade for him (based on rumors he will request a trade), what would you want to offer for him?

funny I’m posting a thread about trading for a guy we should’ve drafted and didn’t a couple years ago. 

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Ty21 said:

0% it happens, but if the bears were to trade for him (based on rumors he will request a trade), what would you want to offer for him?

funny I’m posting a thread about trading for a guy we should’ve drafted and didn’t a couple years ago. 

Probably 3 firsts, 2 seconds, and a defensive player or two?  

The problem with that price tag though is that it would essentially put him in the same situation he is now.  A team with a bunch of holes with little resources to fill them.

11 minutes ago, Orange&Blue said:

I can't even fathom what they'd take. I'd hate to mortgage our draft future. If we offered Mack and Eddie, what additional draft capital would have to be included? I know trades like this don't actually happen often in the NFL. 

I do not think Mack has much value to a rebuilding team.

He is aging, has a huge contract, and has not been truly dominant in a couple of years.

23 minutes ago, DABEARSLCF04 said:

According to the simpltins on Instagram, it would just take Fuller and a 2nd rounder when i read through the comments.

The bears dont have the ammunition in draft capital, or they would have to trade there entire D to get him

0% chance

I’m guessing you forgot they traded Hopkins for a washing machine 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, DABEARSLCF04 said:

According to the simpltins on Instagram, it would just take Fuller and a 2nd rounder when i read through the comments.

The bears dont have the ammunition in draft capital, or they would have to trade there entire D to get him

0% chance

1 hour ago, Superman(DH23) said:

It would take 2 1sts + and you have to pay him.  Not going to happen probably.

It depends on whether Watson comes out and is actually adamant about a trade. If that's the case, he's putting himself in the position where his price drops, and he can even have some influence over where he goes. Hard to say if he'd want to come to Chicago. 

Just now, GOGRIESE said:

If the Texans actually get to that point where they try to trade him the Bears need to do everything they can to acquire him. 

I'd take back everything I said about Pace

Although I'm not sure the Bears have the cap space now for him. I'd think at least one bigger contract would have to go to HOU

2 hours ago, DABEARSLCF04 said:

0% chance

Why don't they have ammunition in draft capital? The Mack pay is over.