Deshaun Watson

Ty21

I would say this situation is very similar to the Jay Cutler trade. I believe that was 2 firsts and a third. I would definitely do that for Watson. This GM will never make that trade and tbh I don't think Nagy is a fan of a player like Watson.

41 minutes ago, Nads786 said:

I would say this situation is very similar to the Jay Cutler trade. I believe that was 2 firsts and a third. I would definitely do that for Watson. This GM will never make that trade and tbh I don't think Nagy is a fan of a player like Watson.

Then we get rid of Nagy. He's easier to replace than a franchise QB, and it isn't even close. 

• Like 1

32 minutes ago, WindyCity said:

My guess is bidding will start at 3 1st round picks and end up with a little more tossed in. 

I would do it in a heartbeat. We are constantly crippled by not having a QB and Watson is elite.

Well, like I said. if Watson absolutely demands a trade, that puts the Texans in an awkward and uncomfortable position. The price to acquire him might be as high as you think. 

2 hours ago, CBears019 said:

Watch.  The dolphins trade the Texans their original draft picks back to them for Watson.

i mean, Tua and the #3 pick isn't a bad place to start that conversation at all. it still leaves MIA with a 1st rounder, unless they include it in the trade as well. they also have 2 2nds. If i'm MIA, i offer to give Houston their picks back this year (1 and 2), a first next year, Tua. there might be a little more to go with that, but that might get the conversation started

3 hours ago, beardown3231 said:

Why don't they have ammunition in draft capital? The Mack pay is over. 

The Bears dont have cap room to build around Watson if there mortgaging draft capital. UDFA wont cut it. Its the Cutler situation all over again. Get a "QB" but cant get young talent around him then the aging Defence is wasted. Plus Watson needs to get paid also.

Edited by DABEARSLCF04

Would I want Watson as the Bears starting QB?  Goes without saying.

Texans aren't trading Watson though and certainly not to the Bears because they don't have much to offer them.

If Texans were ever crazy enough to trade him I'm sure they'd want to draft a new franchise QB and best way to do that is by getting a pick in the top-5.

1 hour ago, DABEARSLCF04 said:

The Bears dont have cap room to build around Watson if there mortgaging draft capital. UDFA wont cut it. Its the Cutler situation all over again. Get a "QB" but cant get young talent around him then the aging Defence is wasted. Plus Watson needs to get paid also.

Exactly. How would his situation in Chicago be any better than it is in Houston right now? Especially when people are talking about making guys like Mack part of the deal going back in addition to multiple firsts.

As we saw this past year with the Texans they can have a real good QB and the NFL's leader in passing yards and they still stunk and now they don't have much draft assets or cap space to build around him.

Would be pretty much the same situation if he got traded to Bears.

First off this is all rumor and I put the % of a trade at very very low.  Texan are going to rebuild around Watson.  

Let’s say the bears did trade for him. As someone said it would be the Jay Cutler trade all over again.  Young franchise QB no draft capital or cap space to put the parts around him.  Remember JeMarcus Webb LT remember Devin Hester #1 WR?  The bears would trade away the future and bust another QB.