Deshaun Watson

Ty21

1 hour ago, WindyCity said:

Because we aren’t run by Bill O’Brien. I am not a Pace fan, but he is 100% better than BOB.

Yeah but we all saw first hand how this worked when the team traded for Cutler. Would you say that JA was worse than Pace is? Because I recall you saying they are pretty much on the same level as GMs.

In that case we should probably expect a similar outcome or worse since Watson will likely cost a heck of a lot more than Jay did...don't you think?

2 hours ago, beardown3231 said:

I'd rather take my chances with an actual QB than allowing this doofus GM get the chance at another. Who would you rather have for the next 4 years: Trubisky, Foles, Watson or some slappy that Pace takes in April? I'm taking Watson even if you subtract a ton of draft capital & cap room

Obviously I'd want Watson because he's the best of the options you listed but at the same time I'm not willing to just pay any price to make that happen.

On second thought I think I'd rather give up a 1st + 3rd in 2022 along with our 2021 1st to move up 10 or so spots (if we end up  20th) provided a guy like Wilson or Fields falls a little. 

Thats way more doable than what Watson will cost and they'll then have that QB cost controlled for the next 4-5 years.

Edited by topwop1

8 hours ago, Nads786 said:

If Watson get's traded, that probably tells me that the Texan's do not value him and therefore he isn't as great of a player as we all think. 

That statement doesn't even make sense. If Watson continues on, and demands a trade, it's because he hates playing for the Texans. Not because he sucks. 

We have evidence he doesn't suck, by the way, in case you're interested in that. 

22 hours ago, Nads786 said:

How does this not sound like the Jay Cutler trade? I am getting goose bumps thinking about it. Watson is a good QB but he is not in the Rogers, Mahomes, Brees etc tier. If he was he would be winning way more games.

I would love him as a Bear, but he doesn't turn us into contenders, we need to build around him - better OL, weapons, strong defense and running game. How do we do that with our cap and lack of picks due to his trade?

By the time we give him a shot he will be 28-29, and with the way he takes hits he isn't going to last until 35.

Winning games takes more than one player and Watson managed to lead the league in pass yards and went 33/7 with one of the worst offenses on paper I’ve seen in a while. (Cooks went over 1k, but 300 of that was against two of the league’s worst teams/defenses, and a 160 yard game against the terrible titans defense). He had the absolute best season he could have with nothing to work with and terrible coaching which is a familiar story in Chicago. 

13 hours ago, WindyCity said:

Deshaun >>>>>> Cutler

When you trade a kings ransom for an average QB like Cutler it blows up in your face.

Trading for an elite QB is different.

Chicago made cutler average, not the other way around. 

• Like 2

On 1/8/2021 at 6:44 PM, WindyCity said:

Deshaun >>>>>> Cutler

When you trade a kings ransom for an average QB like Cutler it blows up in your face.

Trading for an elite QB is different.

I swear everyone on this board and the media said Cutler was going to be great. 

its easy with hindsight to make this claim. 

I think Watson is a good QB but not elite. I would love for him to be a Bear, but trading all those picks will not help him or us in the long run.

12 minutes ago, Nads786 said:

I swear everyone on this board and the media said Cutler was going to be great. 

its easy with hindsight to make this claim. 

I think Watson is a good QB but not elite. I would love for him to be a Bear, but trading all those picks will not help him or us in the long run.

I agree. Watson is a pretty good QB but I'm pretty sure that trading the whole farm for him won't put us over the top. He won't elevate the whole team by himself.

Besides he's not coming here anyway. Talk is that IF Houston even trades him they'd want a top -5 top-10 pick in return in addition to other high picks and right now rumor has it that Miami is the team with the most chance of getting it done with people saying both Tua and #3 overall are on the table.

That'd be a win win for both teams. 

Like I said before Bears don't really have much good to offer Houston

Edited by topwop1

Just now, topwop1 said:

I agree. Watson is a pretty good QB but I'm pretty sure that trading the whole farm for him won't put us over the top. He won't elevate the whole team by himself.

Besides he's not coming here anyway. Talk is that IF Houston even trades him they'd want a top -5 top-10 pick in return and right now rumor has it that Miami is the team with the most chance of getting it done with people saying both Tua and #3 overall are in the table.

Miami traded their LT for a QB. What a haul and move.

1 minute ago, topwop1 said:

Besides he's not coming here anyway. Talk is that IF Houston even trades him they'd want a top -5 top-10 pick in return and right now rumor has it that Miami is the team with the most chance of getting it done with people saying both Tua and #3 overall are in the table.

Providing Tua pans out, yeah. Watson and another good off-season could make Miami contenders next year. 

33 minutes ago, Heinz D. said:

Providing Tua pans out, yeah. Watson and another good off-season could make Miami contenders next year. 

Ya Houston could also draft a QB with that 3rd overall pick or trade down for multiple picks to help rebuild around Tua..

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, topwop1 said:

Ya Houston could also draft a QB with that 3rd overall pick or trade down for multiple picks to help rebuild around Tua..

That's a good point. They could draft a QB and turn around and re-trade Tua immediately. You'd think mid-round picks (Vikings, 49ers) would be really appealing to the Texans.

It would rock if they felt better keeping Tua and trading the pick. Maybe if the Bears get a new GM, he'd be willing to give Caserio a call. Could always sweeten the pot with a good young player or two. One would have to think Caserio would be all ears with a deal like that.