Which teams should NOT consider trading for D. Watson?

Uncle Buck

21 minutes ago, Calamity_Cometh said:

Who would you take? Honestly curious, no agenda here. For me, Wilson and maybe Herbert could be argued but I'm pretty sure I would take Watson.

Allen, maybe? I can see that. Jackson? Maybe. Wilson? Yeah. Rodgers? That age is scary, so I'd lean no (Dynasty purposes only).

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, ET80 said:

Allen, maybe? I can see that. Jackson? Maybe. Wilson? Yeah. Rodgers? That age is scary, so I'd lean no (Dynasty purposes only).

Thing about Allen and Jackson is, whilst immensely talented, they are not as plug and play as Watson is. Wilson I think is better now, but he's older so I'd go Watson.

Rodgers is ridiculous but he is much much older.

15 hours ago, showtime said:

If I was Baltimore I would try and see if I could do a Watson for Jackson trade. I think Watson is miles better.

We're 30-7 with Lamar as a starter, and a large part of that are all the things his legs open up in our offense. He fits the Ravens to a T. He provides an instant top-5 ground game in the NFL and brings a huge advantage in T.O.P. the way our offense operates with him at the helm. That bodes well for a team whose entire franchise has been defined by running the football and playing great defense.

Watson may be a notably better passer than Lamar (I wouldn't say miles - Lamar is 5th in the NFL over the past 2 seasons in TD passes behind Rodgers, Wilson, Mahomes and Brady after having missed 3 games), but he isn't miles better as an overall player, and especially not miles better of a player for what this team wants to be. 

I wouldn't trade Jackson for Watson straight up. We'd put up better passing numbers, for sure. But that's not the space in which this team wins games. Never has been. I truly don't believe bringing Watson to the Ravens wins us more games. I believe the opposite. 

But to each their own, I can see where you're coming from.

4 minutes ago, Ray Reed said:

We're 30-7 with Lamar as a starter, and a large part of that are all the things his legs open up in our offense. He fits the Ravens to a T. He provides an instant top-5 ground game in the NFL and brings a huge advantage in T.O.P. the way our offense operates with him at the helm. That bodes well for a team whose entire franchise has been defined by running the football and playing great defense.

Watson may be a notably better passer than Lamar (I wouldn't say miles - Lamar is 5th in the NFL over the past 2 seasons in TD passes behind Rodgers, Wilson, Mahomes and Brady after having missed 3 games), but he isn't miles better as an overall player, and especially not miles better of a player for what this team wants to be. 

I wouldn't trade Jackson for Watson straight up. We'd put up better passing numbers, for sure. But that's not the space in which this team wins games. Never has been. I truly don't believe bringing Watson to the Ravens wins us more games. I believe the opposite. 

Your rushing attack is absurd and it starts with Jackson. I think it would be discussed but ultimately, Ravens stick with him. Don't have to give up capital, you drafted the man.

• Like 1

33 minutes ago, ET80 said:

I’d say that Allen and Watson look pretty similar...might as well with the guy you know and has been in the system. I’d pretty easily go with Watson over Jackson. I think that his success is much more sustainable and less system dependent...not that I dislike Jackson. 

Edited by sammymvpknight

3 minutes ago, Calamity_Cometh said:

Off topic but imagine Lamar with Hopkins or Diggs? Man, they gotta be on the spot if an opportunity like that happens again.

Bro don't even get me started... pretty sure half the Ravens forum just has me muted at this point because i never shut up about how EDC owes it to Lamar to go out and get him a real weapon in the passing game to work with... 

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, Ray Reed said:

Triple posting, cardinal sin. But there was that one postseason when you torched a certain Broncos team on the road in a playoff game for 5 tds.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, SalvadorsDeli said:

Bro don't even get me started... pretty sure half the Ravens forum just has me muted at this point because i never shut up about how EDC owes it to Lamar to go out and get him a real weapon in the passing game to work with... 

Getting that extra defender out of the box for coverage... just imagine the possibilities.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, ThatJaxxenGuy said:

That was with an Elite Dragon GOAT hall of fame QB though, it’s not fair to compare them just yet...

Just was saying, it wasn't ALWAYS about the run that day. Believe me, I know. I saw it. I saw all of it.

Great game though.

Edited by Calamity_Cometh
  • Like 1

4 minutes ago, Calamity_Cometh said:

Just was saying, it wasn't ALWAYS about the run that day. Believe me, I know. I saw it. I saw all of it.

Fair enough, lol I just take any opportunity to throw out the #JoeFlaccoHOF tag....

Lamar’s critique in the media is basically the reverse Joe Flacco narrative. Mind blowing in the reg season, mediocre in playoffs. ( I don’t personally  think Lamar’s playoff showings so far even points to any kind of trend it’s just what you get with a very young team )

Edited by ThatJaxxenGuy

Just now, ThatJaxxenGuy said:

Fair enough, lol I just take any opportunity to throw out the #JoeFlaccoHOF tag....

Lamar’s critique in the media is basically the anti Joe Flacco right now. Mind blowing in the reg season, mediocre in playoffs. I don’t think this Lamar’s play so far even points to any kind of trend it’s just what you get with a very young team 

Yeah, to guide us back on topic. Yeah I would expect the Ravens to consider their options as any professionals would but seeing as how much they have won with Lamar and the unique style of play that they have developed, why trade him, lose capital, and upend your strategy?

I believe that you can win with Lamar. And by staying firm and stating "this is our quarterback, and that's it." It sends a message to everyone in that locker room.

• Like 2