Derrick "King" Henry Appreciation Post

KingTitan

Playing behind a bad OL, with no legit threat outside of him on offense, and a year remove from a season ending foot injury. Yet, he’s on pace for over 1800 rushing yards, 17 touchdowns and a career high in receptions and receiving yards.

You could make a legit case that this is the best season of his career, a career that includes his 2000 yard season. Lewan tweeted it but I think he’s the best Titans player of all time.

26 minutes ago, TitanSlim said:

Playing behind a bad OL, with no legit threat outside of him on offense, and a year remove from a season ending foot injury. Yet, he’s on pace for over 1800 rushing yards, 17 touchdowns and a career high in receptions and receiving yards.

You could make a legit case that this is the best season of his career, a career that includes his 2000 yard season. Lewan tweeted it but I think he’s the best Titans player of all time.

He’s been unreal this year. He’s transitioning into his second form. Special to see.

maybe not a home run hitter anymore. But a lot of doubles with a periodic triple

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Derrick Henry is about 70 yards behind Jacobs for the rushing title.

If he somehow manages to capture the rushing title this year. That would be just incredible. Especially with all the line changes and how terrible they have been all year.

He continues to be a rock. Even coming off an injury last year.

No matter how this season ends. I will never forget that I get to watch greatness every Sunday when I watch 22. 

Thankful for this guy.

Go get that 👑 King!

• 6 months later...
  • 3 months later...

I would miss him if we trade him, but he deserves better that we are giving him now. I would prefer he went to an NFC team...but not sure I could live with that team being PHI!!!

He is top 2-3 Titan easily, and probably a top 5-10 Titan/Oiler as we stand today, and I would consider any additional stats as part his legacy. Having said that...no way we trade him, the coach/ownership love him and I would guess they find a way to keep him beyond this season as well.

I am loyal to a point, however I think I am more interested in winning than being loyal. So if we can get something for him that will be a 3rd or better next year I say best to move on and both parties can be happy.

• 3 weeks later...
41 minutes ago, twotonebluenation said:

Moving on up. Another year leading the league in rushing can help his canton resume.

Really sucks that he is gonna come up short of the franchise rushing record this year.

I want him to have a chance at getting that. I hope we can bring him back on the cheap to finish his career.

It makes me so sad to think about the year he got hurt. He would of had 2,000 yards for the 2nd time and would basically be a walking hall of famer right now. I think he will probably still get in after he retires eventually but man having two 2,000 yard seasons would of been legendary.

• Like 3

53 minutes ago, Justin615$ said:

It makes me so sad to think about the year he got hurt. He would of had 2,000 yards for the 2nd time and would basically be a walking hall of famer right now. I think he will probably still get in after he retires eventually but man having two 2,000 yard seasons would of been legendary.

I think that would have solidified it. Hopefully he can dominate the rest of this season and get another All-Pro nod, otherwise he probably ends up a little bit short of the Hall of Fame.

• Like 1