A veteran QB we could sign if Alex retires

Thaiphoon

2 hours ago, bigdog44 said:

Dak as a free agent would be a dream, but I doubt Ron is shooting that high. 

Stafford. I mean any new coach/GM would set his price too high for him. 

Jameis- This team is playing to its defense, can’t have a QB that turns the ball over that much. 

Darnold- Rumors up here are saying the Jets are working on a Bienemy/Deshaun Watson package coming to town. This would make Darnold available and the cost low. 

Wentz- NO. I’m not sure what happened to him, but I want no part of it

You think the Texans are going to trade their franchise QB? I don’t see that. I’ll believe that when it happens, and if they did, they’re probably going to trade Darnold down to Houston so at least Houston gets a competent QB prospect in return amongst a lot of other compensation.

23 hours ago, turtle28 said:

I’m not sure if you’re understanding what I’m saying. I’m saying that if we sign a veteran stop gap it probably means we won’t draft a QB this year bc this regime has shown time and time again that they want to develop Kyle Allen.

Now, if Kyle Allen is the starter, that’s a different story bc there will be a roster spot open for a back up QB so they will probably draft a QB to be the back up.

I don’t believe we have the future QB on our roster right now and I believe that signing Fitzpatrick is a waste of this franchise’s time in getting to the point where they have a good starting QB again.

The word "develop" makes me think we have some intent of playing him as the starter.

IMO we are getting really carried away about Heinecke.  I understand why he is here now and I am rooting for him big time.  But he should not even likely be in the discussion for a 3rd string position.  3rd string qb should have some upside.

• Like 3

59 minutes ago, offbyone said:

The word "develop" makes me think we have some intent of playing him as the starter.

IMO we are getting really carried away about Heinecke.  I understand why he is here now and I am rooting for him big time.  But he should not even likely be in the discussion for a 3rd string position.  3rd string qb should have some upside.

It’s just my belief that Scotty & Rivera really believe in Kyle Allen, I hope I’m wrong about that bc I don’t see it either but That’s what I think.

I 100% agree with your take on Heinicke, at best he’s Colt McCoy and that’s at best.

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, turtle28 said:

It’s just my belief that Scotty & Rivera really believe in Kyle Allen, I hope I’m wrong about that bc I don’t see it either but That’s what I think.

I 100% agree with your take on Heinicke, at best he’s Colt McCoy and that’s at best.

I think you are right, but I think Rivera is wrong.  I also think Kyle Allen is starting to get the made of glass reputation.  It might be his play style, but he keeps missing opportunities due to injury.

45 minutes ago, offbyone said:

I think you are right, but I think Rivera is wrong.  I also think Kyle Allen is starting to get the made of glass reputation.  It might be his play style, but he keeps missing opportunities due to injury.

How? Kyle Allen had one injury and it was a fluke play and he’s made of glass? 

9 minutes ago, turtle28 said:

How? Kyle Allen had one injury and it was a fluke play and he’s made of glass? 

Two injuries this season.  The second a biggie.  The first took him out for a half so Aaron Donald could jump on Alex Smith's back if you recall.  I believe he also suffered a shoulder injury last year in carolina.  Just saying, you got to consider this stuff.

1 hour ago, offbyone said:

Two injuries this season.  The second a biggie.  The first took him out for a half so Aaron Donald could jump on Alex Smith's back if you recall.  I believe he also suffered a shoulder injury last year in carolina.  Just saying, you got to consider this stuff.

It’s football dude, players are gonna get hurt.

1 hour ago, ARTMONK HOF said:

This was an incredible story but I hope he retires. He can hardly move in the pocket. He can’t last a half a season. I know it’s hard but it’s time to hang up the cleats. 

Probably for the best if he does. I’m still amazed he ever played another game. 

12 hours ago, bigdog44 said:

Dak as a free agent would be a dream, but I doubt Ron is shooting that high. 

Stafford. I mean any new coach/GM would set his price too high for him. 

Jameis- This team is playing to its defense, can’t have a QB that turns the ball over that much. 

Darnold- Rumors up here are saying the Jets are working on a Bienemy/Deshaun Watson package coming to town. This would make Darnold available and the cost low. 

Wentz- NO. I’m not sure what happened to him, but I want no part of it

For me, if he hits the open market at least, it’s Dak. I feel like he would thrive in this offense and with this team.