2020 All Pro Team

Forge

Jaire Alexander over Ramsey for CB2, and Younghoe over Sanders, otherwise, looks like an accurate and solid First All Pro Team.

Sanders should be the Kicker for the All Pro 2nd Team though. He had a phenomenal year.

Edited by BayRaider

2 hours ago, TXsteeler said:

Was Kelce like unanimous or something? Why was there no 2nd team TE?

Also, how does voting for this even work?

Correct and fact that Waller didnr get any votes sucks... dude atleast deserved some votes so he could make all pro 2nd team

2 minutes ago, SmittyBacall said:

Fair, but I thought these were individual awards? The team shouldn’t influence voting decisions, and neither should the market.

I mean they definitely are, but I can excuse the AP voters for not going WAYYYY into the depths to give Jessie Bates 1st-team All-Pro with those aforementioned factors.

Watt literally leading in every pass rushing metric out there but not being unanimous is a joke. Tuitt getting one vote but Heyward making 2nd Team All-Pro kind of ruins the whole Aaron Donald should be unanimous narrative then as well (he should, but it shows the inconsistent practices with which voters vote).

• Like 1

3 hours ago, RaidersAreOne said:

So the 2nd team TE position was Vacant... interesting.

It's an absolutely stupid process because if a guy is unanimous on first team at a single-ton position like TE then there's no second team guy even if they have a dominant season like Waller. They really should force guys to vote for 1st, 2nd, and 3rd team status, award a point value for where each falls on each ballot and then compile the teams like that similar to the NBA. Especially since 2nd Team All-Pro right now really isn't a thing and Pro Bowl berths lack meaning nowadays.

1 hour ago, Kmart128 said:

Correct and fact that Waller didnr get any votes sucks... dude atleast deserved some votes so he could make all pro 2nd team

I mean, Waller shouldn't have gotten any votes. It's a problem with the format, not that actual voting result. Realistically, if they voted for first and second, it should be a unanimous vote for Kelce as first, and a unanimous vote for Waller as second, as they were the clear best and second best seasons. But I don't like the idea that someone should vote for a guy who unanimously had a worse season, just to get him on the all-pro team, just because the voting system is bad. That's how you get one vote second all-pro team players that some writer just wanted to get an accolade.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, BayRaider said:

Jaire Alexander over Ramsey for CB2, and Younghoe over Sanders, otherwise, looks like an accurate and solid First All Pro Team.

Sanders should be the Kicker for the All Pro 2nd Team though. He had a phenomenal year.

Ramsey was the best CB in the NFL this year. Point blank, period.

• Like 1

Just now, BayRaider said:

How...? Howard had 10 picks and Top 5 cover corner, and Alexander was the best cover corner.

Ramsey was #3 behind those two imo, still a great season.

Jalen Ramsey allowed 20 yards a game... Let me repeat that, 20 yards a game and 2 Touchdowns. Those are Deion Sanders numbers but he did those in 2020. People get facinated with a non-existent/fake arbitrary stat of "Passer Rating Against" but the reality is both Ramsey and Alexander were better than Howard (allowing half the yardage and scores)... Howard just had a lot of interceptions. 

• Like 2