#1 Alabama VS #3 Ohio State: National Championship

cortes02

#1 Alabama VS #3 Ohio State: National Championship  

15 members have voted

1. 1. Who Wins the 2021 National Championship

• Alabama
    • Ohio State

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 01/12/2021 at 01:20 AM

National Championship Game

Monday January 11th 2021

8:00pm Eastern Time

National Championship Game: Alabama vs Ohio State, The Hangar, San Antonio,  January 11 2021 | AllEvents.in

2020 CFP National Championship: #1 Alabama vs #3 Ohio State (1/11, 8pm EST)  | aBlackWeb: The Black Social Network

Nick Saban Explains Challenges of Potential National Championship  Postponement - Sports Illustrated Ohio State Buckeyes News, Analysis and  More

Alabama Football Roster:

Alabama Crimson Tide Roster | ESPN

Alabama Football Statistics:

2020 Alabama Crimson Tide Player Stats | ESPN

Ohio State Football Roster:

Ohio State Buckeyes Roster | ESPN

Ohio State Football Statistics:

2020 Ohio State Buckeyes Player Stats | ESPN

It’s hard to bet against that Alabama offense. I think both teams will have moments where they go up and down the field, and you are going to see a lot of points scored. Jaylen Waddle being back could be interesting also. If Ohio State creates pressure, I think they could manage a couple stops here and there, but Alabama has a great offensive line also. That’s an interesting matchup, because the defensive line and linebacker play has been a real strength for OSU. I think if Najee Harris and the ground game get going, it’s going to be very hard for Ohio State to win. If they do against Alabama what they did against Etienne for Clemson, the opposite is true. Coin flip  game imo. I do think this one is a classic but not sure who comes out on top.

Both teams passing attacks are the “main event” to watch, but I think the run games will decide this one. Trey Sermon is having a Ezekiel Elliott type of run right now.

OSU’s defensive strength is their DTs + LB’s. This is the best LB core we’ve had in maybe a decade. Browning, Borland, and Werner are all seniors with years of experience. The secondary sucks though.

• Like 1

On 1/9/2021 at 7:24 AM, MWil23 said:

OSU has arguably the best Front 7 in the nation, so if the rumors are true about Covid taking out their DL unit, that’s probably game over with how weak their secondary is. Their DL showed how good they were vs Clemson.

Where are we at with that? I know they are on the Covid list but is it really the entire DL unit projected to be out?

Either way, Bama obviously has the upper hand. I think the Buckeyes will have no problem scoring, it's just a matter of will it be enough to keep pace with Alabama.

This team always plays better as the disrespected underdog soooo there's a chance.

12 minutes ago, AkronsWitness said:

Where are we at with that? I know they are on the Covid list but is it really the entire DL unit projected to be out?

Either way, Bama obviously has the upper hand. I think the Buckeyes will have no problem scoring, it's just a matter of will it be enough to keep pace with Alabama.

This team always plays better as the disrespected underdog soooo there's a chance.

More than anything, OSU’s front 7 is good enough to neutralize their running game and OL enough to make them one dimensional, giving OSU a legitimate chance. Not having the ability to do that will make it borderline impossible.

The stalkers are in full affect. It’s like those guys that track airplane flights. You have people online tracking the players that got off the bus in Miami and spotting which players are potentially unavailable. 

Long and short of it is that you can probably expect Ohio state to be without their kicker, Tommy Togiai, Tyreke Smith, and a number of others.

38 minutes ago, NateDawg said:

The stalkers are in full affect. It’s like those guys that track airplane flights. You have people online tracking the players that got off the bus in Miami and spotting which players are potentially unavailable. 

Long and short of it is that you can probably expect Ohio state to be without their kicker, Tommy Togiai, Tyreke Smith, and a number of others.

Togiai is a massive loss for this team, for those that don’t know a ton about the Buckeyes this year

he and Garrett are the heart and soul of the defense

21 hours ago, malibuspeedrace said:

Togiai is a massive loss for this team, for those that don’t know a ton about the Buckeyes this year

he and Garrett are the heart and soul of the defense

I don't know how / why Togiai isn't getting 1st - 2nd round talks in the 2021 draft. Dude has been a beast all season. 

Him and Smith are obviously big time losses. Both were huge against Clemson. 

I still think this game is much more of a coin flip than people are saying. 

Just hope we don't need to make too many kicks. Have a true freshman who hasn't kicked in any games this year, as our primary kicker since our top 2 guys are both out b/c of covid. Excellent!

EDIT: This is of course pending the source who reported it being accurate.

Edited by BobbyPhil1781