#1 Alabama VS #3 Ohio State: National Championship

cortes02

#1 Alabama VS #3 Ohio State: National Championship  

15 members have voted

1. 1. Who Wins the 2021 National Championship

• Alabama
    • Ohio State

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 01/12/2021 at 01:20 AM

9 hours ago, jrry32 said:

Okay? You'd still be losing in your scenario. Unless Ohio State steps up in the second half, what has become clear is that the National Championship Game was truly the SEC Championship Game this year.

Can't disagree more. A healthy Ohio State beat Clemson worse than we beat Northwestern - does not mean the Big Ten title game was the real CFP semi final.

A few things here, and random thoughts for this morning:

1. I don't think anyone was beating Alabama this year. I just don't. They're loaded from top to bottom, and it's pick your poison. If you load the box to stop Harris, then you die by Smith, Waddle, and company. If you don't account for Harris and go heavy on the DB, then you die by Harris and that OL.

2. It likely doesn't make a difference regardless, but when you're out 2 of your Front 4 DL, that about flushes any hope of getting pressure on Jones and stopping Alabama's running game down the drain. Jones wasn't even close to pressured all night...and I honestly don't remember a 3rd and more than 5 last night (I'm sure it may have happened once or twice).

3. It was clear that despite all of this, Alabama clearly had the coaching edge last night with a gameplan, and OSU looked like deer in the headlights. It could be because of a lack of practice time due to COVID, personnel issues, etc., but OSU's secondary has been garbage all year, so that much was going to be certain last night as well.

4. I think that Mac Jones is impossible to grade as a prospect.

*How does he do under pressure? Answer: N/A, he doesn't face it behind that OL.

*How accurate is he? N/A, his wide receivers are all open by 5+ yards

*Can he carry an offense/elevate their play? N/A, he's never had to

(Those of you who love Mac as a prospect, just remember that N/A doesn't count for or against him...it just means that those are all unknowns)

5. While I think that Harris is a good RB, I'm still not exactly sure what to think of him in the NFL. He's definitely strong and has some wiggle for a RB of his size/style, but behind that mauling OL that opens up enormous holes and he's untouched until about 3 yards downfield, and he's got that huge frame, where typically aside from Henry and Eddie George, you could have durability concerns with that high cut build. 

That said, his ability to make a difference catching the ball is absolutely a check mark in his favor. 

I think he has made some major money this year and will be a good pro...I'm just not sure when he's getting drafted or what his best scheme fit is. 

5 minutes ago, ramssuperbowl99 said:

When you think about it, OSU fans (mostly Cleveland fans) were the happiest people on the planet, and Nick Saban has made a career out of harvesting tears from people's joy.

This was inevitable.

It's how he stays so youthful. (Seriously, I always forget he's 70) 

7 hours ago, thrILL! said:

Who were those 2 extra opponents?  The juggernaut programs known as Georgia Southern and NW State.  LoL impressive.  Hey I bet those are 2 teams Florida could prolly beat. 

Don't get angry at me because you were wrong. You claimed Bama went 15-0. They did not.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, ramssuperbowl99 said:

When you think about it, OSU fans (mostly Cleveland fans) were the happiest people on the planet, and Nick Saban has made a career out of harvesting tears from people's joy.

This was inevitable.

TBH, I found myself eerily enjoying the first 25 minutes last night. Being tied 14-14 in a game that felt like a 28-7 blowout was incredible. Throw in how great Alabama was with the COVID issues OSU had on their DL and a very weak secondary...and I'm not the least bit upset about last night. 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, MWil23 said:

TBH, I found myself eerily enjoying the first 25 minutes last night. Being tied 14-14 in a game that felt like a 28-7 blowout was incredible. Throw in how great Alabama was with the COVID issues OSU had on their DL and a very weak secondary...and I'm not the least bit upset about last night. 

Playing a 4-4 all game to the tune of like 500 passing yards was a good call too. Slow linebacker Tuf Borland trying to pace with Devonta Smith, what could go wrong?

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, MWil23 said:

Don't tell an ex-Ram fan, current Badger/Brewer fan you enjoyed a loss after the fact. That's my move.

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, ramssuperbowl99 said:

Don't tell an ex-Ram fan, current Badger/Brewer fan you enjoyed a loss after the fact. That's my move.

I won't go so far as to say that I enjoyed it, so much as just having perspective. The better team won just like I thought they would, and when you consider that a few months ago we OSU fans didn't even know if there'd be a season, were wondering about getting into the CFP, and were underdogs vs. Clemson...not a bad season all things considered, especially with the decimation of OSU's roster.

23 minutes ago, NateDawg said:

Playing a 4-4 all game to the tune of like 500 passing yards was a good call too. Slow linebacker Tuf Borland trying to pace with Devonta Smith, what could go wrong?

OSU ran exactly what we run schematically, so I felt like watching us play against Springfield or Wayne. A bunch of slow outside LB trying to run underneath blue chip WR's and flailing. 

14 hours ago, MWil23 said:

As a coach, it’s your job to protect players from themselves. Waddle isn’t right and he can’t help you like this, and more importantly, he’s risking his future and millions of dollars.

LOL you are talking about Saban and the Bama medical team. The team doing surgery on people who don't need surgery to get them back on the field sooner.

8 hours ago, candyman93 said:

Grateful for the season at all. However, really disappointing ending given how much talking this offseason the team and particularly guys like Justin and Ryan Day did about “let us play.” They didn’t feel like playing tonight and it showed.

So you squashed any potential unionizing and genuine change for that? Cool. Hey at least you’re getting paid next year right?

This needed to be said. Thank you.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, 1ForTheThumb said:

Doesn't this make him tough to evaluate overall though?

Yes, it does, you are right in that. I personally just don't see it in him. I could be wrong and might be. I'm just glad the Raider won't be in any position to grab him. I see a smart kid w/ an average-above average NFL arm ergo my Pennington comparison.