Tom Brady's deep ball at 43!

JohnCena

43 minutes ago, Hunter2_1 said:

This from PFF sums it up for me;

"Brady’s 15 big-time throws and one turnover-worthy play in the past four weeks both also lead all quarterbacks, and Tampa Bay has fielded the most efficient passing attack in the NFL by a substantial margin. Granted, this has come against pass defenses that rank 24th, 27th and 32nd among all teams in expected points added allowed per pass play, but this stretch — and really the entire 2020 season, despite a so-so box score — just goes to show that Brady is still his normal, elite self."

Translation - the last 4 weeks against bad pass defenses he has thoroughly lit up A-Rod style, and they've been CLEAN as well (no danger of turnovers). 

My issue isn't with Tom (his arm hasn't declined one bit, box scorers) it's the offense situationally. They WILL find themselves down in games coming up. Do they go back to their thoroughly predictable selves (run 1st down, bomb 2nd down, oh look 3rd and long)? Or have they smartened up?

Yep that offense will take deep shots weather there at midfield up 21 or inside there own 5 down a touchdown, however, they have very good deep concepts so if they can keep Tom protected guys gonna get open, that will be tough against better pass rushes though, which is why the Bucs haven't been that good against teams with a solid pass rush. 

1 hour ago, BigTrav said:

You've shown us volume stats @JohnCena got ratings on the attempts? 

People are straight wrong when they say Tom doesn't have a deep ball or can't throw deep, but it's not his strongest option lets face it. Some balls are really strange down the field. He has a lot of yards downfield because of the game planning. The same game planning that's going to get Tampa eliminated. 

Don't have straight stats, but he was excellent for the first 7 weeks something like top 3-5 in the league iirc, didn't do well at all from week 8-11 like I said, and then he was excellent again best in the league on the deep ball from week 12 onwards. 

Tom Brady Deep Ball in different periods of the season:

Week 1-7: 14/39, 36%, 2 TD, 0 INTs, 101 Passer Rating

Week 8-11: 0-19, 0%, 0TD, 3 INTS, 0 Passer Rating

Week 12-17: Something like 17-32 ugh, can't find the tweet again now but I remember having seen it and it was like 17-32 and like 7 deep touchdowns will update this once I find the exact tweet again. 

18 hours ago, BayRaider said:

I’m sure you’ll get a lot of haters coming in here though if he has a bad game against Washington, the #1 Pass D in DVOA and #2 D in DVOA. I’m not expecting Brady to light up the scoreboard tonight. More of a running focused game with Ronald Jones. 

Well he lit them up even though the receivers had 7 drops but all of a sudden it's because Washington has a bad defense.🤣

It's always something when it comes to Brady. 

He's on a roll right now and he just carved up the second best defense in the league imo, the (likely) Saints game next week is going to look a lot different next week with Tom motivated to get revenge. 

1 hour ago, JohnCena said:

Well he lit them up even though the receivers had 7 drops but all of a sudden it's because Washington has a bad defense.🤣

It's always something when it comes to Brady. 

He's on a roll right now and he just carved up the second best defense in the league imo, the (likely) Saints game next week is going to look a lot different next week with Tom motivated to get revenge. 

He had a great game. Come to expect it with him in playoffs though. He seems to have another level.

However, I still think he's going to be let down next game up (is it GB or NO...either of them)

8 minutes ago, Hunter2_1 said:

He had a great game. Come to expect it with him in playoffs though. He seems to have another level.

However, I still think he's going to be let down next game up (is it GB or NO...either of them)

It's NO as long as they beat the Bears. I think he's going to have a good game because of what happened last time around, a motivated Tom is a scary Tom. He's going to be great idk if that defense can stop the Saints though. Brady will likely have to score 38+

3 minutes ago, JohnCena said:

It's NO as long as they beat the Bears. I think he's going to have a good game because of what happened last time around, a motivated Tom is a scary Tom. He's going to be great idk if that defense can stop the Saints though. Brady will likely have to score 38+

Brady will be good, but Payton and co. coach rings around Arians and the Bucs. Another big win for NO, in that case. Brady to have something like a 300, 2TD, 2INT game. I dread to think of the holes Thomas and Kamara will find in TB's D

Edited by Hunter2_1
  • Like 1

Just now, Danger said:

I mean it helps when you have 3 Top 10 Receivers, a recently unretired top 5-10 TE (formerly Top 1), and a system that thrives on deep passing.

That’s really prettying up the picture. Has there been a single point this season he has had all those weapons healthy?

3 minutes ago, Danger said:

I mean it helps when you have 3 Top 10 Receivers, a recently unretired top 5-10 TE (formerly Top 1), and a system that thrives on deep passing.

One of those receivers was doing his best to throw the game, another was clearly playing through an injury. The 'unretired top 5-10 TE'...you don't actually think he's still a top 5-10 TE do you? I assume you're referring to the TE who caught 0 passes on 0 targets last night?