Tom Brady's deep ball at 43!

JohnCena

8 hours ago, JAF-N72EX said:

I'm not a Brady hater by any means. I just don't subscribe to the flawed logic that a team accomplishment should be attributed to a single player. No matter how good he happens to be and the same with losses. 

All stats are team stats. Rushing yards are as much to do with the OL as the RB. No QB can get passing yards without a WR getting receiving yards. Wins being attributed to QBs is standard because they usually make biggest contribution. Do they alway deserve it? Obviously not, but most of the time they do.

The NFL is no different from baseball in that regard. Pitchers get wins in baseball, even if it’s 9-7.

With his win over the Saints yesterday, Brady moves to 6-4 on the road in the play-offs, only Joe Flacco (7) has more road wins (unless you count neutral venues, then  Brady's 12-7 and has the record comfortably).

He's also 8-3 vs. NFC opponents in the play-offs. That's more NFC wins than Steve Young, Bart Starr or Frank Tarkenton, and tied with Aikman, Brees, Wilson and Warner. Only Rodgers(10), Favre(12), Montana(10), McNabb(9) and Staubach(9) have more. Needless to say, they are all career NFC players.

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, Hunter2_1 said:

Didn't think he played that well last night, but if you told me Evans, Godwin, Gronk and AB would have 7 catches between them, I'd have assumed blow out to Saints. It's about time the team as a whole clicked and carried Tom for a bit. 

AB left the game early with a knee, Godwin has got the dropsies this post-season (including a dropped TD, that would have been a game-changing play) and Lattimore is Evans' kryptonite. As usual the offense went all gung-ho early and looked bad, then started running the ball more, hitting some dump-off passes and using the Brate on some intermediate routes and looked much better. Brady wasn't great, but the plan was worse.

15 hours ago, SkippyX said:

Combined Passing Yards (playoffs and regular season)

• Brady 91,172
  • Brees 85,724
  • Manning 79,279
  • Favre 77,693

Combined Passing TDs

• Brady 658
  • Brees 608
  • Manning 579
  • Favre 552

Combined Wins

• Brady 262
  • Manning 200