Schwarber to sign with Nats, 1 year $10M

pwny

17 minutes ago, mattyice0401 said:

Surprised to see him leave, Cubs cant afford him anymore? IIRC I think he was a fan favorite.

The Ricketts are masquerading like they’re poor. 

He’s been inconsistent, and he got benched for a little bit because of his lack of effort in left field. 

• Like 1

39 minutes ago, hrubes20 said:

The HR that ended the Cardinals' run of NL Central dominance.  I will never forget you, my portly adult son.

He was such a good hitter in college. What happened? I loved Schwarber (as you well know) so it made no sense to me that he struggled to hit .200 in a season. Did he sell out for power? Is the Cubs coaching staff that bad (which would explain Andy friggin' Haines being terrible)?

1 minute ago, beekay414 said:

He was such a good hitter in college. What happened? I loved Schwarber (as you well know) so it made no sense to me that he struggled to hit .200 in a season. Did he sell out for power? Is the Cubs coaching staff that bad (which would explain Andy friggin' Haines being terrible)?

A little of that, but it's my belief that the extreme shifting the past fews years had a tremendous detriment on Schwarbs.  He would hit rockets that would end up being lineouts to the 2B playing in RF.  Very easily to guess that it frustrated him a bit and he starting trying to just hit the ball 450 feet more often. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, hrubes20 said:

A little of that, but it's my belief that the extreme shifting the past fews years had a tremendous detriment on Schwarbs.  He would hit rockets that would end up being lineouts to the 2B playing in RF.  Very easily to guess that it frustrated him a bit and he starting trying to just hit the ball 450 feet more often. 

My thing is, was he a dead pull hitter in college? From what I remember, he was an all-fields hitter at IU. 

9 minutes ago, beekay414 said:

My thing is, was he a dead pull hitter in college? From what I remember, he was an all-fields hitter at IU. 

I think it was more a "has power to all fields" type of thing, rather than a "uses all fields" thing. He was mostly a dead pull hitter since he stepped foot in the Cubs org.

• Like 1