What Podcasts do you listen to?

ET80

• 4 months later...

General Interest:

JRE (Already been mentioned a few times)

Waking Up Podcast with Sam Harris (It's a bit hit & miss, but he covers a wide range of topics. So, there is perhaps something for everyone)

Sports:

The Eggchasers Podcast (English {Except for JB, he’s Welsh} Rugby Pod - Combination of humor & analysis)

Green & Gold Podcast (Poor man's Australian version, but it has its moments) 

I really need to find the football version of the above podcasts, but it's hard to find one with the same kind of "Bunch of Lads" humor. 

Politics:

(Since the left leaning PSA has been mentioned a few times, I'll provide the alternative on the right)

Daily Wire Podcasts: Ben Shapiro / Michael Knowles / Andrew Klavan  (Humor & analysis {Clearly I like that combo} from the right) 

Personally, I think the Knowles & Klavan shows are better than Ben's. 

Edited by Marc MacGyver

On ‎5‎/‎25‎/‎2018 at 1:46 PM, THE DUKE said:

Started The History of England podcast.  There's like 260 30-40 minute episodes and I'm about 10 in.  It's been pretty good, a lot of stuff you just don't hear much about so far.  Just finished up the bit about the Mercian supremecy with King Offa and started the one of Wessex emerging as the power in dark ages England.

Now 224 episodes in, just started the Reformation under King Henry VIII.  If you like history, can't recommend this podcast enough.  Just loads of great information about both the politics of the day, and also about different aspects of life back then.  I particularly enjoyed the series of episodes about King Edward III and the Black Prince.

• 2 weeks later...
On 20/07/2017 at 3:06 PM, ET80 said:

Picking up where the last thread left off...

Started up Sword and Scale. This one is turned up to 11, wow. Intense.

I really enjoyed listening to the first 10 or so but then there were some I could have done without hearing.

I can 'understand' people with some loose screws killing but the crazy stuff the depraved ****ers do to children leaves me feeling real hatred.

Edited by Mega Ron
  • Like 1

• 4 months later...
  • 1 month later...
On 7/25/2017 at 10:51 AM, Bucketheadsdad said:

Don't listen to many podcasts, but do love listening to "old time radio" from the 40's and 50's.  There are tons of them in the apple podcast collection, but you can also check them out here.  http://www.dumb.com/oldtimeradio/

Here's a list of some of the "good, bad, and ugly" of OTR.  

If you love tv sitcoms or dramas, I think you'll like these. 

I recommend the following:

Drama:  Yours truly, Johnny Dollar (Insurance investigator that is involved with looking at questionable insurance claims)

Tales of the Texas Rangers (police procedural, set in Texas)

Suspense (stand alone suspenseful stories, think 1940's Black Mirror)

Dragnet (the predecessor of the great TV series)

Comedy:  

The Jack Benny Show (One of the funniest comedians ever....of course, that is my opinion. :) )

Burns and Allen (George Burns and Gracie Allen)

Fibber McGee and Molly (husband and wife dealing with daily life [very interesting war year episodes])  Be careful with the hall closet!  (Inside joke on the show)

Westerns:

Gunsmoke (predecessor to the long running tv show)

Have Gun, Will Travel (One of the only shows that started on tv, then moved to radio) 

There are tons of different websites that allow you to listen to these shows.  

If you have Sirius/XM, there is an entire channel devoted to these programs.

OK.....we do, in fact, evolve.  While I still love OTR, I have found myself spending a great deal of time listening to "true crime" podcasts.  Some of them I've discovered, and really enjoy are "True Crime Garage" (out of Columbus Oh.) and Crime Junkie Podcast.  Very entertaining, and in many ways, rather disturbing.  Spent about 30 hours on the road earlier this month, and spent the bulk of that time listening to different podcasts.  

Lots of options on Stitcher and Spotify.

On 7/20/2017 at 9:06 AM, ET80 said:

Picking up where the last thread left off...

Started up Sword and Scale. This one is turned up to 11, wow. Intense.

Know this post is old as hell but I just started Sword and Scale about 2 weeks ago. I'm hooked. I get so pissed off listening to it though. Really pulls at my emotions quite a bit. Worst episode was the chatroom one with the old religious dude about eating the children. I wanted to punch someone after listening to that. Most interesting one, so far anyways (I'm 50 in), is either the Boy's home one or the Franklin cover up one.

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...
On 5/16/2019 at 7:15 PM, 11sanchez11 said:

world's not ready for a riff raff/theo von podcast

this was surprisingly one of my least favorite This Past Weekend's lol. love this pod though, it's some comfort audio when it's just theo solo. 

This Past Weekend
King & The Sting (easily the best pod on the internet w/ Ten Min Pod being defunct)
Tigerbelly
Congratulations 

are the four i never skip. 

• Like 1