Non-Titans playoff talk

deeluxx3

5 minutes ago, TitanSlim said:

Ravens really did all that wolfing after a wildcard win, only to lose the very next week. Tragic.

Not just lose, but not ever really be in the game. 
Never during that game did I feel they truly were going to win.

3 points felt like 20. 
I hope the Ravens lock him up and give him a big deal. Because he is on a downward path and I don't see him being anything more than he is. 

1 minute ago, KingTitan said:

3 points felt like 20. 
I hope the Ravens lock him up and give him a big deal. Because he is on a downward path and I don't see him being anything more than he is. 

It’s clear that he lacks weapons in the passing game 

but it’s also clear he’s never going to be the type of passer you need to win 2-3 playoff games a year in order to make the super bowl

1 minute ago, deeluxx3 said:

It’s clear that he lacks weapons in the passing game 

but it’s also clear he’s never going to be the type of passer you need to win 2-3 playoff games a year in order to make the super bowl

I'm not sure he'd be able to get them the ball consistently anyway. It would hide his problems more, very true. 

I mean if they can keep a top 3 defense. Run the ball, get a top WR then yeah. I can see him taking them to the Super Bowl.
But that's any QB too..lol

You only get that combo of things to happen every few years or sometimes never in our case...lol

He had the #1 offense in the NFL, playoff exit.
Has the top running game and top defense....playoff exit. 

9 hours ago, KingTitan said:

I'm not sure he'd be able to get them the ball consistently anyway. It would hide his problems more, very true. 

I mean if they can keep a top 3 defense. Run the ball, get a top WR then yeah. I can see him taking them to the Super Bowl.
But that's any QB too..lol

You only get that combo of things to happen every few years or sometimes never in our case...lol

He had the #1 offense in the NFL, playoff exit.
Has the top running game and top defense....playoff exit. 

Im getting more and more convinced that, unless your team has a truly elite defense...not just the #1 D that year, more like 2015 Denver or even a group like SF last year ....you need an elite qb to win the super bowl 

so that means you have: Mahomes, Rodgers, Wilson, Brady, Watson, Brees (maybe not anymore)

otherwise I just think your team is kinda...stuck hoping the ball bounces your way. But that’s unlikely to happen 3x in January 

this includes us. Teams rarely breeze through the playoffs. There’s likely gonna be a time where your QB is gonna just have to drop back and pick apart a defense drive after drive. We don’t have evidence that RT can do this in the second half of big games. And notice I said “drive after drive.” A lot harder to repeatedly score on a playoff defense late in games.

Art never really gave Ryan the keys to the car when we needed to let a QB cook. Certainly last week and against KC in AFCCG. I wish he did, because we could’ve seen HOW GOOD he really is without the benefit of a run game. But as sad as it sounds...if I’m being completely honest with myself...idk if Ryan could’ve dropped back 25x against BAL in the second half last week and throw for 200/2 TD.

more often that not...you’re gonna need that type of QB play 

edit -- and Im not saying this to criticize Ryan. I think we can win a Super Bowl with Ryan. But I think our already-great situation for him would need to get even better. A completely dominant OL. An additional playmaker or two. A great defense. I think he can lead us to a SB as part of a great TEAM. I don't know if he can help drag us there by making up for some deficiency elsewhere.

Guys like Mahomes/Rodgers/etc don't need totally and completely great TEAMS around them. So they're the great equalizer. And they're more evergreen year after year than objectively great teams.

Edited by deeluxx3
  • Like 2

It is great reading all these raven fans floundering and making excuses for Lamar

sure, the offense lacks talent at WR. OL isn’t great. Roman is a huge crutch.

but changing all of that isn’t ever going to make Lamar a great thrower of the football. 

You can give Lamar a great WR/OL/OC. None of it will truly matter because he still won’t be a great thrower of the football

They’ll still be watching the SB at home

• Like 1

9 hours ago, KingTitan said:

3 points felt like 20. 

To be fair, Tucker uncharacteristically missed two field goals and one of their trips to the RZ ended up in a pick 6 the other way. Bills D was dominant in moments, but I don't think this was as one sided as it looks. That being said, I don't feel bad at all for how it ended.

1 hour ago, Andrei01 said:

To be fair, Tucker uncharacteristically missed two field goals and one of their trips to the RZ ended up in a pick 6 the other way. Bills D was dominant in moments, but I don't think this was as one sided as it looks. That being said, I don't feel bad at all for how it ended.

After the second series and following, I just never felt the Baltimore Offense was going to be a threat.  They ran the first time. Then Bills made the adjustment. After that it was scramble scramble scramble from Lamar. 

Bills defense was on point and focused. They can be exploited tho. 

Tucker FGs would have kept it interesting. But I sincerely (outside of my hate for them) never felt their offense was a threat and eventually Buffalo was going to get a passing play going or Lamar would turn it over. 

4 hours ago, deeluxx3 said:

Im getting more and more convinced that, unless your team has a truly elite defense...not just the #1 D that year, more like 2015 Denver or even a group like SF last year ....you need an elite qb to win the super bowl 

so that means you have: Mahomes, Rodgers, Wilson, Brady, Watson, Brees (maybe not anymore)

otherwise I just think your team is kinda...stuck hoping the ball bounces your way. But that’s unlikely to happen 3x in January 

this includes us. Teams rarely breeze through the playoffs. There’s likely gonna be a time where your QB is gonna just have to drop back and pick apart a defense drive after drive. We don’t have evidence that RT can do this in the second half of big games. And notice I said “drive after drive.” A lot harder to repeatedly score on a playoff defense late in games.

Art never really gave Ryan the keys to the car when we needed to let a QB cook. Certainly last week and against KC in AFCCG. I wish he did, because we could’ve seen HOW GOOD he really is without the benefit of a run game. But as sad as it sounds...if I’m being completely honest with myself...idk if Ryan could’ve dropped back 25x against BAL in the second half last week and throw for 200/2 TD.

more often that not...you’re gonna need that type of QB play 

edit -- and Im not saying this to criticize Ryan. I think we can win a Super Bowl with Ryan. But I think our already-great situation for him would need to get even better. A completely dominant OL. An additional playmaker or two. A great defense. I think he can lead us to a SB as part of a great TEAM. I don't know if he can help drag us there by making up for some deficiency elsewhere.

Guys like Mahomes/Rodgers/etc don't need totally and completely great TEAMS around them. So they're the great equalizer. And they're more evergreen year after year than objectively great teams.

I get it.

And yeah Ryan is in that category too. He needs things around him to be a Super Bowl QB. That's not  really a knock it's the truth. 
Bills threw the ball so much yesterday and the Ravens defense held their team in the game until Lamar's pick 6. 
So Ryan throwing it would have been rough too. 

But you do need a QB that can at least make the throw when called on. Ryan can do that and more. 
Lamar.....ehhhh no he can not. Will he ever make to super bowl?  Maybe.  Elite defense great running game. Play calls that hide his faults and ask him to make a quick throw or one read and you have a big playmaking WR.  He can do that a few times a game.

But present Day Lamar, even with an elite defense and running game can't do it. I hope they sign him to a $200 Million deal and take a lot of cap space. Because he is one the passing level of a 3rd string QB.  

And he can't beat the playoffs teams that way. 
You can run it up on the Bengals, Cowboys Jags and who ever else they beat in that 5 game stretch. But against playoff teams. It's gonna be a struggle. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, KingTitan said:

After the second series and following, I just never felt the Baltimore Offense was going to be a threat.  They ran the first time. Then Bills made the adjustment. After that it was scramble scramble scramble from Lamar. 

Bills defense was on point and focused. They can be exploited tho. 

Tucker FGs would have kept it interesting. But I sincerely (outside of my hate for them) never felt their offense was a threat and eventually Buffalo was going to get a passing play going or Lamar would turn it over. 

Buffalo O didn't really click, though, either. This would have been a different game had Tucker not missed those two FGs, had their offense scored on that RZ trip instead of a pick 6 the other way, and obviously had Lamar not suffered the concussion. He remains a bad playoffs QB, but this could've easily been a much closer game and, perhaps, even go the other way.

3 minutes ago, CosmicCrown said:

I don’t even want to watch the game after that lame sequence. Browns fumble through the end-zone and a leading with the helmet hit missed on the same play. 

Sucks for them but those the rules.

And that tackle is rarely called unless it's when someone is catching the ball.