Non-Titans playoff talk

deeluxx3

3 minutes ago, Titans fan 617 said:

Man the part that is disheartening is even know I think if we beat the Ravens and then the Bills, we would also be getting rocked by KC

Titans goal needs to be building a defense that can hang with these guys 

Defense Defense Defense in the draft 

I don’t think the best of the best defense in any sorts could hang with this offense in todays nfl. I think you beat this KC team with incredible offense. The combination of Hill and Kelce is unguardable, you just have to find a way to trip them up a little bit then outscore them. 

6 minutes ago, titans0021 said:

The Chiefs are just in a different league than everyone else. And I don’t know when it will stop.

I think it will stop when Tyreke Hill gets paid. He is making under a mill this year on base salary. Damn they are getting him on a deal. Only so much money will be able to go around with Kelce Hill and Mahomes getting paid. 

FWIW, after sleeping on it, I 100% now believe LaFleur made the right call.

A) TD conversion on a 4th & 8, facing a solid pass rush and not having your star LT on the field + converting a 2-point conversion + stopping the GOAT from getting in range for a game-winning FG with 2 minutes and 3 TOs for overtime

or

B) FG + trying to stop them from getting a 1st down with 2-minute warning and 3 TOs, hoping you will get the ball back with around 1:40 and 1 TO for Rodgers to only need a TD

I'll take B. 

21 minutes ago, Andrei01 said:

FWIW, after sleeping on it, I 100% now believe LaFleur made the right call.

A) TD conversion on a 4th & 8, facing a solid pass rush and not having your star LT on the field + converting a 2-point conversion + stopping the GOAT from getting in range for a game-winning FG with 2 minutes and 3 TOs for overtime

or

B) FG + trying to stop them from getting a 1st down with 2-minute warning and 3 TOs, hoping you will get the ball back with around 1:40 and 1 TO for Rodgers to only need a TD

I'll take B. 

I assume you were also fine with Vrabel punting on 4th and 2? 

5 hours ago, deeluxx3 said:

we played scared

GB played scared

Buffalo played terrified

not how you win in january

(KC was going to the SB regardless, tho)

Agreed and I think that comes from the coaching staff.  Although we laid an egg this year, we didn't play scared last year in New England or Baltimore (and had good reason to) and knocked them off.  We need a defense much better than this year and we need to be clicking on all cylinders when the playoffs hit.  The Chiefs are not unbeatable.

20 minutes ago, Titansfan_13 said:

Not saying I loved the FG, but for what it's worth, taking the points that you're likely to need on 4th & 8 is nowhere near the same as punting on 4th & 2...

It is when two first downs literally ends the game. At least with Vrabel you can make the argument that allowing anything other than a TD meant we had a chance. LaFleur kicked that field goal knowing there was a very real chance his offense would never see the field again for the rest of the year.

• Like 2

You have Rodgers at QB. You need 8 yards for a TD. You are an offensive coach. Everything in your gut should have told you to go for it. 
Yeah you were a penalty away from getting the ball back, but it was a bad call.

Vrabel's 4th and 2 was bad too. You have a 2,000 yard rusher. MVP candidate in Derrick Henry. You need 2 yards. Inside what was it? the 40?

You say. "Hey we gonna ride or die with Henry. go for it!" 

You are playing the most explosive offense in generations. You haven't really stopped them ALL game. You finally get a drive together to get within scoring range and you kick FGs. While KC is scoring TDs. You have to be able to analyze the game in a realistic eye. I know every coach wants to believe in their players, but your team had almost nothing for the Chiefs offense.  Try to get TDs. One FG ok, I get. But multiple times within the redzone......

No excuses for either one of those guys. 

Didn't play to win. Played not to lose. And in the playoffs, that will get ya beat a lot of times. 

14 minutes ago, titans0021 said:

It is when two first downs literally ends the game. At least with Vrabel you can make the argument that allowing anything other than a TD meant we had a chance. LaFleur kicked that field goal knowing there was a very real chance his offense would never see the field again for the rest of the year.

Yea, the call was so confusing. This one is clear and cut for me, you go for it. I wouldn't even call it playing scared, I totally get calling the Vrabel move scared but not this one. This is just dumb honestly. If anything I would be "scared" to give the ball back to Brady and never see it again. Worst case the Bucs get the ball at their own 8, and you have two minute warning, and 3 timeouts. This is a no brainer for me. 

Edited by twotonebluenation