Non-Titans playoff talk

deeluxx3

7 minutes ago, KingTitan said:

Sucks for them but those the rules.

And that tackle is rarely called unless it's when someone is catching the ball. 

Yea I don't see why everyone is getting so upset with that rule. If you fumble it near either end zone that is your fault. The tackle is technically leading with the helmet but tackles like that happen all the time and don't get called. It's just getting highlighted because of the fumble. Browns would lose the game even if they scored there.

As for the rule i thought it was a weird rule so I looked it up and Blandino explains it well.

“Because the goal line is involved — and this is a consistent application of the impetus rule,” Blandino said. “Impetus is the force that puts the ball into an end zone. So if a team provides the impetus that puts a ball into their opponent’s end zone . . . then they are responsible for it. They’re responsible for it. And if the ball gets out of bounds through the end zone then it is a touchback. [...]

“Now that may seem like an egregious penalty but again, think about it, they put the ball into their opponent’s end zone,” Blandino said. “If it’s not fourth down or inside two minutes, if they recover it, it’s a score. So that’s potentially a big play, so the penalty for not recovering it . . . has to be big as well. That’s why it’s a touchback. That’s consistent with other loose balls that go into an opponent’s end zone. Kicks, punts, fumbles, backward passes."

“You’re responsible for putting the ball into your opponent’s end zone, you’re responsible for recovering it,” Blandino said. “If you don’t and it goes out of bounds or the defense recovers, they’ve defended their goal line, and they get a touchback.”

5 minutes ago, titans0021 said:

Andy Reid is infinitely more aggressive with Chad Henne at QB than Mike Vrabel is with Tannehill and Derrick Henry.

stefanski punting after mismanaging his timeouts was almost as embarrassing as vrabel was, too. reid is just a different class of coach than these two.

11 minutes ago, TwoToneBlue said:

The end could have been so different if they had all 3 timeouts.

The late punt I can understand when it's to Chad Henne.

Gonna hate it all offseason and be a lot of what ifs.

The fumble into the endzone and the other coaching decisions.

They really should have won. 

38 minutes ago, TwoToneBlue said:

The end could have been so different if they had all 3 timeouts.

The late punt I can understand when it's to Chad Henne.

I can live with the decisions. To me the most pathetic part of it all is you let Henne run for 13 yards on a 3rd and 14. That was embarrassing. Why wouldn’t I go for it on 4th and inches after that if I am Reid. The Browns just suck.

I don’t get why more creative trick plays like Payton just used with Winston are not used more in the NFL. I feel like you can catch a defense off guard so often with stuff like that and it swings momentum. I wished we would have spiced it up like we did with Henry throwing it in the Ravens divisional game this year. Or have AJ throw one on end around to Tannehill. I mean come one Tannehill was wideout, why not use that strength. Or use Tannehill how they used Winston.

5 hours ago, titans0021 said:

Andy Reid is infinitely more aggressive with Chad Henne at QB than Mike Vrabel is with Tannehill and Derrick Henry.

The weirdest and worst part is it seems to largely just be during the playoffs. We're in the top 5 in 4th down aggressiveness I think it was per Ben Baldwin's analytics(as in making the right 4th down calls/etc0.

Why we can't translate that to the playoffs I have no clue.