Playoff Game Thread

RpMc

45 minutes ago, VikeManDan said:

Their defense is playing extremely well. Ramsey vs. Adams will be fun to watch. Any news on Donald?

Last I saw was that he's intending to play despite his torn rib cartilage.  The Rams can compete defensively, but I still think Goff sucks.  

• Like 1

15 hours ago, swede700 said:

Last I saw was that he's intending to play despite his torn rib cartilage.  The Rams can compete defensively, but I still think Goff sucks.  

I have had that injury.  It is P A I N F U L!!!!!!

8 minutes ago, SemperFeist said:

The Packers o-line is what you get when you put emphasis on players/prospects who are good at pass protection.

The Vikings o-line is what you get when you put emphasis on player/prospects who are good at run blocking.

Is it though? Always thought Reiff, Bradbury, O’Neill and Cleveland were more highly regarded in pass protection. At least when acquired. I think you’re always going to have a bad pass protecting OL if Cousins is your QB.

Edited by vikingsrule

38 minutes ago, vikingsrule said:

Is it though? Always thought Reiff, Bradbury, O’Neill and Cleveland were more highly regarded in pass protection. At least when acquired. I think you’re always going to have a bad pass protecting OL if Cousins is your QB.

They were all run blockers, or players with the necessary athleticism to excel in the outside zone blocking system. But who needed to work on their pass blocking technique, and getting stronger to improve their anchoring ability. 

Edited by SemperFeist

3 hours ago, vikingsrule said:

No.

It's not on Kirk.

There was so many times he had no chance to do anything especially trying to put together a late-game drive.

If an offensive line can make Philip Rivers, a virtual statue, look decent....you can't blame Kirk

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, Vikes_Bolts1228 said:

No.

It's not on Kirk.

There was so many times he had no chance to do anything especially trying to put together a late-game drive.

If an offensive line can make Philip Rivers, a virtual statue, look decent....you can't blame Kirk

You are talking about a top 2-3 OL there. Kirk is still not a QB who will get you to a championship game unless everything was perfect for him. The hope was that it would be perfect in the 2nd year on his initial contract. It wasn't, his play cost us Diggs and we won't be for next 2 years. Looking beyond Kirk is the best path

Edited by CriminalMind
  • Like 2