Colts draft position locked in at #21, rest of draft order also locked in

Wyld Stallyns

Teams that lose in the wild card round will pick between 19 and 24 depending on record and strength of schedule.

The Colts have the lowest strength of schedule of all the teams with an 11-5 record. WFT (7-9), Bears (8-8) and Rams (10-6) would be the only team to select ahead of the Colts if they lose. So the latest the Colts pick is 22 but if any of the 3 above teams win the Colts pick higher. 

Round 1 pick 21

Round 2 pick 54 (alternate picks with Titans, we pick before then on odd rounds and behind them on even rounds) 

Round 3 pick 84* (Traded to Philly) 

Round 4 pick 127* 

Round 5 pick 165* 

Round 6 pick 206+  

Round 7 pick 248+ 

* - Patriots third round pick was forfeited for Bengals video incident so the Colts originally would have picked 85, 128, and 166 in those rounds 

+ - Raiders 6th rounder was forfeited for penalties arising from breaking Covid protocol/Colts would have picked 208 and 250 in those rounds 

- Saints were also penalized for breaking Covid protocols but their 7th rounder was forfeited which doesn’t effect the draft order for any of the Colts picks 

1 minute ago, Wyld Stallyns said:

Regardless of the winner of the Steelers/Browns game, looking like the Browns. The Colts wil pick #21, #53 and #85 barring any forfeited picks 

Looks like the Patriots forfeited their 2021 3rd rounder for the Bengals practice filming incident so it should be 21, 53 and 84 then

1 hour ago, Wyld Stallyns said:

Looks like the Patriots forfeited their 2021 3rd rounder for the Bengals practice filming incident so it should be 21, 53 and 84 then

Also I forgot because we have the same record as the Titans our picks alternate by round so in the even rounds they pick before us so it’s really: 21, 54, 84

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Warhorse said:

Time to start digging in the research. Let's do a little predicting here on this board! I'll start a thread a bit later./ 

In 2017, two teams traded up from the mid 20s to 10 and 12 for QBs

KC traded up from 27 to 10 trading a third (91) and future 1st [2018] (Mahomes) 

Houston traded up from 25 to 12 with only a future 1st [2018] (Watson) 

• Like 1

8 hours ago, Wyld Stallyns said:

In 2017, two teams traded up from the mid 20s to 10 and 12 for QBs

KC traded up from 27 to 10 trading a third (91) and future 1st [2018] (Mahomes) 

Houston traded up from 25 to 12 with only a future 1st [2018] (Watson) 

Is there anyone worth trading up for?  I see the top needs this offseason is a DE and LT. Or are you thinking that the Colts should make a move for a QB like Zach Wilson?

2 hours ago, coffeedrinker said:

Is there anyone worth trading up for?  I see the top needs this offseason is a DE and LT. Or are you thinking that the Colts should make a move for a QB like Zach Wilson?

I don’t think Lawrence, Fields or Wilson make it to 10. But hypothetically if we were to re-sign Rivers and draft a QB to take over for him we could easily make the move to secure the 4th QB if we feel the need (Lance?) maybe. I don’t know enough about the second tier QBs but his is one I’ve seen mentioned

On 1/19/2021 at 5:11 PM, Warhorse said:

If they don't resign Rivers, I honestly don't have a clue to what Ballard will do. I do however, believe he will do the best thing that is available at this time, that still keeps the future open. 

It's a pipe dream of mine that Green Bay decides that they don't want to waste their 2020 1st round pick and releases Aaron Rogers, then the Colts, with so much cap room scoops and and signs him.