Super WC Weekend Thread: WFT vs. Tampa Bay

MikeT14

14 hours ago, Awsi Dooger said:

Chase Young looked exactly the same as the college semifinal versus Clemson. Tons of commentator hype. Not much going on. Very good player but simply not explosive enough to dominate off the edge. You can see why his high school 40 and vertical results were so mediocre. He's far superior at the bull rush than around the corner. 

Not surprised to see you doubling down on this nonsense.  I'm not going to expend any more energy explaining why this take is so idiotic.  I already did that in the draft thread last year.  All I'll say is that if you think a 21-year old rookie is putting up the grades and advanced stats that you see below without being largely reliant on incredible athleticism, I don't know what to tell you.  Once he develops a consistent pass-rush plan, he's going to be a monster.

His bull rush isn't even that good right now, btw.

EDIT: And this was accomplished while playing through a groin injury throughout the majority of the first half of the season.

The chart below was created before December... you know, the month Young was named Defensive Player of the Month.

Edited by HTTRDynasty
  • Like 1