Horror Movie Mafia Sign up and Game thread

bcb1213

1 minute ago, domepatrol91 said:

As long as we're in agreement that it's a mafia role, do what you want. ;)

I posted links to the hammerer role and to the cult role pages. They weren't my roles though, so it might be different.

I mean yea I definitely see how sketchy I look. I honestly was just wicked confused by my role and what exactly my power was and how it worked. I was directed to wiki to further explain the game in general and my role.

Once I read abiut my role it made more sense but I started using the wiki role definition of power as the rule instead of my PM definition because I honestly didn't know the two coukd be different, wasn't aware that every game is so unique.

Once everyone started to get on James about him not being sure about his power, I decided to double check my PM and noticed that it only said vanilla, not townie afterwards 

1 minute ago, Pats#1 said:

Paranoid Gun Owner

The first line.

The Paranoid Gun Owner passively (and involuntarily) kills anyone who targets it during the Night.

That didn't tell you right away your role might be tweaked just a bit?

57 minutes ago, Pats#1 said:

I said it wouldn't make sense for me to be able to turn a Mafia to civ because then they would just rat out their old teammates.

I never claimed to know who lives and who dies...was only speculating on what would make sense.

I said from the beginning I have no control over my power.

You said Random number generator.....

I can at this point how bad I look. If you wanna lynch me considering I'm dangerous to everyone including town and I guess mafia can redirect civs into me, that's fine.

Would save time lol....but when I come back evil aligned I get to say told ya so

Just now, Pats#1 said:

I can at this point how bad I look. If you wanna lynch me considering I'm dangerous to everyone including town and I guess mafia can redirect civs into me, that's fine.

Would save time lol....but when I come back evil aligned I get to say told ya so

You said there's a specific way you can die. Now would be a good time to expand on that.

Just now, domepatrol91 said:

You said there's a specific way you can die. Now would be a good time to expand on that.

Only way I can die is lynching...by saying mafia can still kill me in some way, I was hoping to bait then into trying hits on me.

1 hour ago, domepatrol91 said:

What made you say james is vanilla?

1 hour ago, Pats#1 said:

Because he lived after coming to see me...and the only two possibilities of interacting with my character is death or vanilla townie. 

Specifically says vanilla townie, or is that what you inferred from you PM?

52 minutes ago, Pats#1 said:

Not possible

He either dies, or becomes a vanilla townie 

44 minutes ago, Pats#1 said:

I said it wouldn't make sense for me to be able to turn mafia because that would essentially ruin the fun of the game with a new civ knowing exactly who mafia is

41 minutes ago, Pats#1 said:

Because that's what my power is....anyone who visits or attacks me either gets killed or turned into a vanilla civ.

It never states that it is dependent on who the attacker or visitor is. It actually says it's random. 

40 minutes ago, Pats#1 said:

Specifically says 

38 minutes ago, Pats#1 said:

Guys I screwed up!

I got my wiki role definition and my PM slightly mixed up. 

In the wiki explanation it says people will either die or turn to vanilla townie

In my PM it just says Vanilla, doesn't say townie afterwards 

So a Mafia could still be alive but jist lose his powers I guess. 

Sorry

36 minutes ago, domepatrol91 said:

So you and james both messed up on your PMs, in a pretty major way? At the same time, when you're both coming under heavy fire? 

32 minutes ago, Pats#1 said:

Well everyone was getting on James for him not being sure about his PM, so I decided to go back and double check evergthing. 

@Pats#1

You said you double checked your PM after everyone was getting on james... That's not true. You said "vanilla civ" or "vanilla town" several times AFTER james was questioned. You didn't realize your mistake until after I asked you... not based on what was going on with james. 

What made you say james is vanilla?

1 hour ago, Pats#1 said:

Because he lived after coming to see me...and the only two possibilities of interacting with my character is death or vanilla townie. 

Specifically says vanilla townie, or is that what you inferred from you PM?

43 minutes ago, Pats#1 said:

Specifically says 

55 minutes ago, Pats#1 said:

He either dies, or becomes a vanilla townie 

44 minutes ago, Pats#1 said:

Because that's what my power is....anyone who visits or attacks me either gets killed or turned into a vanilla civ.

40 minutes ago, Pats#1 said:

Guys I screwed up!

I got my wiki role definition and my PM slightly mixed up. 

In the wiki explanation it says people will either die or turn to vanilla townie

In my PM it just says Vanilla, doesn't say townie afterwards 

So a Mafia could still be alive but jist lose his powers I guess. 

Sorry

Archived