Horror Movie Mafia Sign up and Game thread

bcb1213

2 minutes ago, domepatrol91 said:

I agree trying to save bucs isn't his best bet to stay alive short term, but it is his best bet to stay alive with a chance to win the game if he pulls it off.

Nooo. Going hard on bucs and then flying under the radar would've been his only chance at long-term survival/winning.

2 minutes ago, domepatrol91 said:

I agree trying to save bucs isn't his best bet to stay alive short term, but it is his best bet to stay alive with a chance to win the game if he pulls it off. 

If he was confident he could out play me and talk me into a mistake he might try it. Especially N1.

To be honest, if there was someone you could outtalk or get to slip up, there's a good chance I'd get picked. I'm not the most careful player, and haven't proven myself to be good at mafia in any way. 

Except for the fact that it wouldn't help me long term at all. If I was able to convince people to avoid lynching Bucs then, it'd still only be a matter of time before he was lynched. The only thing it would do is paint a giant target on my back.

12 minutes ago, james.mcmurry13 said:

You're reading something wrong here. If he's cult and bucs is clearly going to be the lynch, his only play is to go with it (preferably as early as possible) and try to survive the rest of the game.

I disagree completely.

In order to win, he literally has to survive to the end of the game. That means helping the civs win, AND avoiding all lynches to be the last player left. It is so unlikely. At some point along the way there will likely be at least 1 or 2 straight up, slam dunk clears. There is no way he would survive to the end as a last man standing. The only way for that role to win is to protect the cult leader to at least get up to 2 or 3 members and have a chance.

In his position, he has to push for another lynch, likely mookie who had the next most heat. If it works, he gets a partner and now he has some votes to work with.

1 minute ago, james.mcmurry13 said:

Nooo. Going hard on bucs and then flying under the radar would've been his only chance at long-term survival/winning.

A solo player with zero powers would have zero chance at meeting the win condition.

The only shot would be to accumulate at least one other number and work in tandem.

2 minutes ago, james.mcmurry13 said:

His best chance at winning absolutely. Definitely not his only chance. 

Just now, Tk3 said:

A solo player with zero powers would have zero chance at meeting the win condition.

We don't know that Cultist lose their powers.

I posted a while back sometimes they get to keep them.

Just now, domepatrol91 said:
1 minute ago, Tk3 said:

We don't know that Cultist lose their powers.

I posted a while back sometimes they get to keep them.

Also, he definitely doesn't have 0 chance to win in that scenario, but his odds would be very very bad. 

2 minutes ago, Pats#1 said:

Actually nevermind....unless it was more than an hour apart I won't be able to see

They're both 11 hours ago, but hockey's post is half a page before untouch (untouch is first post p59).

Untouch was the post right after night was called, but there was roughly half a page after hockey voted.

Just now, james.mcmurry13 said:

His best chance at winning absolutely. Definitely not his only chance. 

If he can save bucs for just one night for another convert, or I get killed that night and the

2 minutes ago, james.mcmurry13 said:

They're both 11 hours ago, but hockey's post is half a page before untouch (untouch is first post p59).

Untouch was the post right after night was called, but there was roughly half a page after hockey voted.

Yea that doesn't look like a beat to the punch delay, looks like a reactive post.

Just now, james.mcmurry13 said:

If you hold your mouse over the "Posted X hours ago" it gives you the exact time.

Hockey voted 8 on bucs at 6:53 AM PST

Untouch voted 9 on bucs at 7:06 AM PST

Archived