Monster Hunter Rise

showtime

Anyone else super excited for this game?  I thought Monster Hunter World was one of the best games of the entire Xbox One and Playstation 4 era and not the franchise is back with its newest entry! The only downside for some fans is that this game is a Nintendo Switch exclusive.

The demo just came out and has gotten some really great reviews and reactions so far.

Release date: March 26, 2021

I tried the demo, hoping that this would be the time that Monster Hunter clicked for me, and it just...doesn't. 

I don't think that the games do a great job of explaining all of their systems. It's a very deep game, which I imagine is great if you get into it, but I feel like I need to watch hours of YouTube videos or something to really get a grasp on what I'm doing. 

I guess it's just not for me. 

• Like 1

41 minutes ago, Lions017 said:

I tried the demo, hoping that this would be the time that Monster Hunter clicked for me, and it just...doesn't. 

I don't think that the games do a great job of explaining all of their systems. It's a very deep game, which I imagine is great if you get into it, but I feel like I need to watch hours of YouTube videos or something to really get a grasp on what I'm doing. 

I guess it's just not for me. 

I'm the same way. It just feels like your hitting bullet sponges that run away occasionally. Admittedly I don't understand the systems so I have no idea if I'm missing something tactical or not. 

• 3 weeks later...