He won't win it but JOSH ALLEN is the REAL MVP of this season...

VanS

He's the entire offense for the Buffalo Bills.  He's their running game.  He's their passing game.  And if not for the Colts messing up multiple times in the redzone, he's also covering up a defense that is a liability.  How this team is 13-3 is beyond me.  Its all comes down to just how great Josh Allen truly is. 

Aaron Rodgers has better running backs and Patrick Mahomes has better weapons and an offensive mastermind for a head coach.  Nobody has done more with less this season than Josh Allen.  To me he proved today he should hands down be the MVP.  But unfortunately people are blinded by stats so I'm sure Aaron Rodgers will win it.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Chargers said:

He definitely would be any other season. It's just that Rodgers is playing at a near perfect level this year as well.

Degree of difficulty has to count.  I agree statistically Rodgers has been amazing.  But he's played a weaker schedule.  I don't have the numbers right now but against teams with an above .500 record, they have very similar stats.  Allen has just played more games against above .500 teams while Rodgers has had the chance to pad his stats against weaker opponents.  Then you have the fact Rodgers has Aaron Jones who is an elite RB as well as better talent on the offensive line.  Compare that to Allen who is the Bills running game and has a not so great o-line.  Both of them have an elite WR so that is a wash.

To me if you focus on the word VALUABLE, then there is no player more valuable to his team's success than Allen.  Aaron Rodgers definitely had the better season statistically.  But he is not more valuable than Josh Allen.

Edited by VanS

Are you trying to make everyone hate Josh Allen? He was tremendous this year, and most peoples 3rd or 4th MVP, but Rodgers was the clear, almost non-debatable MVP and he will win in a landslide, and deservedly so. 

With that said, Allen has been tremendous this year, absolute was wrong about the guy and I give him all the props in the world this year. And he’s fun to watch, and nice guy. 

You should of just made a “Josh Allen Appreciation Thread” not a “Josh Allen is MVP which no one agrees with!!!” Thread. 

• Like 8

11 minutes ago, VanS said:

Degree of difficulty has to count.  I agree statistically Rodgers has been amazing.  But he's played a weaker schedule. 

No they haven't. Schedule is an absolute wash. BUF faced 21st most difficult schedule by DVOA. GB faced 23rd most difficult.

Rodgers is, by far, the MVP.

3 minutes ago, BayRaider said:

Are you trying to make everyone hate Josh Allen?

Why would making a case for a leading MVP candidate make you hate him?  Thus far the responses have been positive.  You are the only one in here with any sort of anger at Josh.

I am simply making the case that if you focus on the word VALUABLE rather than simply giving the award to the guy who put up the best numbers, then Josh would be in the lead.  He proved today just how much value he brings to the Bills.  He was their entire offense.  They couldn't run the ball other than with him.  Obviously being the QB he made a number of incredible throws with his arm.  He evaded pressure constantly as his o-line was less than stout.  And finally he covered up for a porous defense that has struggled for most of the game against the Colts and would most likely have cost them the game if not for self-inflicted wounds by Indianapolis.

1 minute ago, incognito_man said:

No they haven't. Schedule is an absolute wash. BUF faced 21st most difficult schedule by DVOA. GB faced 23rd most difficult.

Rodgers is, by far, the MVP.

What is DVOA?  All I saw was a stat that showed the Bills played more teams above .500 than the Packers.  Which makes sense since the AFC has been stronger than the NFC this season.

I agree that Josh Allen did what he did with a lot less than Mahomes and Rodgers

He showed today that he can carry the team on his back

I agree that Josh Allen had a more impressive season than either Mahomes or Rodgers, but I voted Rodgers - Allen - Mahomes in that order. Rodgers efficiency and lack of bad plays just makes him unquestionable imo

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Tk3 said:

I agree that Josh Allen did what he did with a lot less than Mahomes and Rodgers

He showed today that he can carry the team on his back

I agree that Josh Allen had a more impressive season than either Mahomes or Rodgers, but I voted Rodgers - Allen - Mahomes in that order. Rodgers efficiency and lack of bad plays just makes him unquestionable imo

Return Diggs. Then play this angle.

• Like 1

Wait I thought the Bills had weapons now but now the narrative is Allen is the entire offense? Big fan of his and give you props for being the first guy loudly saying he was going to be this good but I don’t see how Diggs/Beasley/Davis/Singletary is a bad supporting cast 

3 minutes ago, wackywabbit said:

Return Diggs. Then play this angle.

I've been extremely open on this forum that Diggs is a huge part of Allen's growth.. but its very clear that Allen carried this team

It's very clear that the Chiefs have much better weapons around Mahomes, and Packers have a much better line helping Rodgers. Allen had an MVP-type of season, and did more with less - BUT he isn't the MVP in 2020 because Rodgers balled out.

idk what you want from me....

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Tk3 said:

I've been extremely open on this forum that Diggs is a huge part of Allen's growth.. but its very clear that Allen carried this team

It's very clear that the Chiefs have much better weapons around Mahomes, and Packers have a much better line helping Rodgers. Allen had an MVP-type of season, and did more with less - BUT he isn't the MVP in 2020 because Rodgers balled out.

idk what you want from me....

I agree with you that he has a worse supporting cast than Mahomes and Rodgers. But, Diggs is a another special player sharing some of the weight of the offense on his back.

Side note: I have a Josh Allen MVP bet from preseason (pre-Diggs trade even)... It isn't going to pay out a single penny, but still feel good about it. 

Edited by wackywabbit