Josh Allen Appreciation Thread

BayRaider

The right way?

Terrific season by Allen. He improved in all facets this year. He looks so much more confident, his accuracy improved, his decision making improved, and his command for the offense looks so much better as well. He has a whiff of a throw here and there, but it isn’t anywhere close to as frequent as last year. 

I’m not sure I’ve seen any QB improve this much from one season to the next. I’m sure we can attribute some of it to Stefon Diggs who is obviously one of the Top WR’s in the league (hey, good thing AB said no, would of ruined Allen and probably no Diggs trade this year), but for the most part, I think Allen worked hard, and has the work ethic to be one of the next Elite QB’s in this league. I was one of his biggest critics on here, but I’ve been blown away this year. Props to the man. He’s super fun to watch too. 

Keep it up, Josh. 

Edited by BayRaider

So the narrative now is that Josh Allen improved dramatically rather than folks admitting you were wrong for doubting him?  SMH.

Anybody who watched Allen closely the last 2 years could have seen this coming.  His talent was obvious.  And the fact he was carrying a subpar supporting cast was clear as day.  All he needed was a little help.  And he got that with Stefon Diggs.  Who is a really good WR but not a generational type talent bound for the Hall of Fame.  Diggs breakout season this year is more about how great Allen is than him being the best WR in the game. 

• Like 4

9 minutes ago, Jaire_Island said:

He has improved by leaps and bounds.. But he almost lost the game for them.

He can’t do terrible mistakes like fumbling the ball and loosing 23 yards when they were in FG range.

At that point Colts has 1 TO with 2:35 minutes left in the 4th qtr and they are 1st down.

gtfo out of here

this is an APPRECIATION thread

the man balled out and had a game rarely seen by a young player in the playoffs and you are going to dwell on one negative play, that ultimately didn't mean anything?

this game was nearly flawless

• Like 4

10 minutes ago, Tk3 said:

gtfo out of here

the man balled out and had a game rarely seen by a young player in the playoffs and you are going to dwell on one negative play, that ultimately didn't mean anything?

Josh Allen is honestly reminding me more and more of being the Kobe Bryant of football.  I remember when Kobe would have games where he scores 50 points and hits the game-winner but his detractors would come in with some "but...but he only had 2 assists".  As if that takes away from an otherwise mind-boggling performance.

Josh Allen's detractors are also now latching onto any imperfection in his otherwise sterling performance.  Its gotten to the point of being downright comical.  I've never seen turnovers that didn't occur being used to downplay a playoff victory. 

Edited by VanS
  • Like 1

3 minutes ago, VanS said:

Josh Allen is honestly reminding me more and more of being the Kobe Bryant of football.  I remember when Kobe would have games where he scores 50 points and hits the game-winner but his detractors would come in with some "but...but he only had 2 assists".  As if that takes away from an otherwise mind-boggling performance.

Josh Allen's detractors are also now latching onto any imperfection in his otherwise sterling performance.  Its gotten to the point of being downright comical.  I've never seen turnovers that didn't occur being used to downplay a playoff victory. 

I need you to step away from the damn keyboard man. Good grief enough is enough. Compared him to Michael Jordan now Kobe Bryant. 

• Like 6

Just now, VanS said:

Josh Allen is honestly reminding me more and more of being the Kobe Bryant of football.  I remember when Kobe would have games where he scores 50 points and hits the game-winner but his detractors would come in with some "but he only shot 45% of the field".  As if that takes away from an otherwise mind-boggling performance.

Josh Allen plays football with more excitement and joy than most QBs I've seen

The media has taken to his play on the field, but I feel like the narrative isn't out there yet about his personality

I reallythink if we make a deep playoff run he is going to be WAY up there in terms of faces of the league

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, Tk3 said:

gtfo out of here

WTF. 
How the **** was that doesn’t mean anything? Lol. 

They should have sealed the game there vs lost the game had if its Rivers not playing as QB for colts.

It’s not going to cut it against superior Qb teams.