Josh Allen Appreciation Thread

37 minutes ago, Tk3 said:

gtfo out of here

this is an APPRECIATION thread

the man balled out and had a game rarely seen by a young player in the playoffs and you are going to dwell on one negative play, that ultimately didn't mean anything?

this game was nearly flawless

I'd usually agree but let VanS have this one. Haha. Dude was preaching hard for Allen for years. He deserves any chance he gets to to rub it in peoples faces

• Like 2
7 minutes ago, Tk3 said:

Packers? Weird

Die hard bills fan. Also love Lamar and have enjoyed watching Ravens play. Been super excited watching Herbert and the Chargers too

I just like football

Ravens fan

32 minutes ago, Jaire_Island said:

All that being said if he wants to win it all he should not do terrible mistakes when the game is on the line is what I am saying...

You’re trying too hard.

What impresses me is that he is relying less on his rushing game as each season passes. He run 421 yards in the 2020 regular season, meaning he rushed 26 yards per game on average, which is way less than the 631 yards in 12 games he had in 2018 (52 yards per game). And Buffallo's running game has not gotten better in the process either.

• Like 1
40 minutes ago, BayRaider said:

The narrative?

Allen was always a massive project pick and no one had any “certainty” he was going to pan out. Including you. 

Are you trying to play “know it all” now that you finally got one of your project QB’s correct? What is that, 1 for 12?

In the last 4 drafts I have rated 4 QBs as elite All-Pro caliber talents.  Josh Dobbs in 2017.  Josh Allen and Lamar Jackson in 2018.  And finally Kyler Murray in 2019.

3 outta 4 ain't bad.

• Like 1
2 hours ago, VanS said:

In the last 4 drafts I have rated 4 QBs as elite All-Pro caliber talents.  Josh Dobbs in 2017.  Josh Allen and Lamar Jackson in 2018.  And finally Kyler Murray in 2019.

3 outta 4 ain't bad.

Whoa...  pump the brakes sir...  Kyler is not elite or all pro.    2 out of 4 or 50% is probably where about the average fan would be.

• Like 1
3 hours ago, Tk3 said:

I really hope for your sake that Aaron Rodgers doesn't almost turn the ball over

That would really be tragic

Nearly did versus the Bears not once but twice and that would have cost the Packers the #1 seed. Should we strip Aaron Rodgers of his MVP votes? @Jaire_Island? Asking for a friend ... 

2 hours ago, VanS said:

3 outta 4 ain't bad.

were you taking a personal day or something when it came to evaluating Patrick Mahomes?

3 hours ago, Jaire_Island said:

He is a great man.

Improved his mechanics by leaps and bounds.

Arm talent is superior. He has taken that team a long long way... 

All that being said if he wants to win it all he should not do terrible mistakes when the game is on the line is what I am saying...

now i am out

Off-topic:  Did you really put Jaire Alexander beside Revis?!

I love Josh Allen, great personality and is a fun QB to watch. You could see last year the potential if he could even be league average in terms of accuracy, but he went ahead and has become dare I say a very accurate passer? Although allow me to vent for a minute, no other QB makes me more jealous than Allen because that is what Wentz was/is supposed to be! Hell, Allen might have been a top 10 pick largely because execs were trying to find the next Carson after his great 2017, so it feels unusually cruel that now in 2020 Josh Allen is Carson+ and our Carson turned into a pumpkin. Oh well.

Bills run game has been very weak, so this entire offense has been Allen lately and he has risen to the challenge. I think they'll blow out the Steelers again if they have a rematch, and KC game will be an instant classic although it'd take Allen's A+ game to keep pace w/ KC offense.

• Like 1
3 hours ago, JAF-N72EX said:

Bills fans, I'm sorry for what this thread will do to Allen in the future. 

I know... As great as he has been and how excited he has the fan base... he still hasnt reached his goal. This team hasnt reached their goal. Their goal used to be playoff caliber. There was a sign in locker room that said it. Well thats signs been replaced with Championship Caliber. When Allen and the team reach that goal thats when the talking can begin. We still have ways to go.

• Like 1