Josh Allen Appreciation Thread

BayRaider

8 hours ago, Tk3 said:

this game was nearly flawless

If his lineman hadn’t sprinted back and dove on that fumble and the play had resulted in a turnover, that might’ve been the game tho.

much love for JA. He’s the savior the bills have needed for decades. 

I love josh Allen and what a game. On a day where our defense wasn’t getting stops or turnovers, Allen went out there and put up 380 total yards, 74% completion %, 3 TDs and 0 turnovers. That fumble could’ve been bad but thank you Daryl Williams. 
First playoff win for josh Allen and first playoff win for the bills in 25 years lol insane. 

• Like 2

9 hours ago, LaFellSBXLIXMVP said:

I'd usually agree but let VanS have this one. Haha. Dude was preaching hard for Allen for years. He deserves any chance he gets to to rub it in peoples faces

...but Allen was the 7th pick in the draft. It's not like this was some guess on a 5th-6th round project, he was a top 10 selection for a reason. 

How hard can you preach on a top tier talent? That's like saying "Chiefs are going to win the SB" and then when they win, you say "Yeah, I was right I've been telling you!"

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Ty21 said:

If his lineman hadn’t sprinted back and dove on that fumble and the play had resulted in a turnover, that might’ve been the game tho.

much love for JA. He’s the savior the bills have needed for decades. 

And you really couldnt blame Allen on that play. Not much he could have done. He couldnt throw ball away in that situation. He was still in pocket. He tried to tuck ball away but was just ripped out. Just really good defense and bad blocking on that play. Its not like years past where he would try to play hero ball and made a dumb play. Only thing he tried to do there was remain on his feet so he could potentially throw ball away.

• Like 1

8 hours ago, sryan66611 said:

Whoa...  pump the brakes sir...  Kyler is not elite or all pro.    2 out of 4 or 50% is probably where about the average fan would be.

A lot of FF thinks Kyler is elite and proven somehow.

Back on topic Josh Allen and McDermott have really transformed the Bills. Gotta’ respect that. He had a knucklehead sack yesterday but that’s what you get with a QB who holds the ball that long. Josh Allen will probably always take sacks like that because he holds out for the big play and more often than not it’s a positive result. In the end It didn’t cost them.

Edited by ThatJaxxenGuy

11 hours ago, sryan66611 said:

Whoa...  pump the brakes sir...  Kyler is not elite or all pro.    2 out of 4 or 50% is probably where about the average fan would be.

You're right.  I'm kinda jumping the gun with Kyler.  

• Like 1

11 hours ago, DannyB said:

were you taking a personal day or something when it came to evaluating Patrick Mahomes?

I compared him to Matt Stafford and thought he would be a Pro Bowler who puts up some numbers but throws a lot of picks and doesn't win much.  Definitely missed on him.  But I did recognize he had some talent.  Didn't think he would be 1st ballot Hall of Famer good though. 

15 minutes ago, VanS said:

I compared him to Matt Stafford and thought he would be a Pro Bowler who puts up some numbers but throws a lot of picks and doesn't win much.  Definitely missed on him.  But I did recognize he had some talent.  Didn't think he would be 1st ballot Hall of Famer good though. 

Oooof, whaaat a whiff haha! That's a tough one

5 hours ago, ET80 said:

...but Allen was the 7th pick in the draft. It's not like this was some guess on a 5th-6th round project, he was a top 10 selection for a reason. 

How hard can you preach on a top tier talent? That's like saying "Chiefs are going to win the SB" and then when they win, you say "Yeah, I was right I've been telling you!"

Well a lot of people doubted he could fix the accuracy issues. Turns out Vans was right just needed better talent who can catch the football and get open. 

But that’s the draft, sometimes you hit: Josh Allen. Sometimes you don’t: Josh Dobbs 

• Like 2