2021 Free Agent Thread

MikeT14

4 hours ago, mar29020 said:

ill take cam on the cheap if we have no other options

Well that’s the thing, we do have other options but they aren’t all household names. Alex Smith is probably coming back, we can sign Kyle Allen as an exclusive rights FA for I think around $800,000 and we can re-sign Heinicke as a RFA.

There’s also the draft and other free agents available plus we could trade for Stafford or Watson.

4 hours ago, MikeT14 said:

If you all had to pick one non-QB FA to sign this offseason, your answer would be: 

Chris Godwin. He’s versatile and young. Unlike some of the other FA WRs he’s coming off his rookie contract so, it’d be him or Corey Davis.

Edited by turtle28

18 minutes ago, ARTMONK HOF said:

Definitely, would be a very big upgrade. If he wasn’t available I think KJ Wright wouldn’t be a bad plan b. I also would like Corey Davis. 

KJ Wright I old as is Lavonte David. I’d rather not sign FAs to big contracts who are in their 30s like Vinny Cerrato used to do. David is 31 and Wright will be 32 in July.

19 minutes ago, turtle28 said:

KJ Wright I old as is Lavonte David. I’d rather not sign FAs to big contracts who are in their 30s like Vinny Cerrato used to do. David is 31 and Wright will be 32 in July.

https://www.spotrac.com/nfl/seattle-seahawks/kj-wright-7818/

His contract wasn’t big. 
https://overthecap.com/position/inside-linebacker/

Edited by ARTMONK HOF

2 hours ago, PARROTHEAD said:

You think theyll fork over to keep him and Devon White? Cause they have others needing resigning and spots of need.

He hasn't seemed like a guy to break to bank and gave them a discount on last deal can only think he'd take a home town discount to stay on the team in Super bowl esp if Brady is back.Plus they have White on rookie deal for another 2-3 years so could sign him to a 2-3 year deal then pay White later.

At least that's my thinking, would love to have if he does leave though

• Like 1

56 minutes ago, ARTMONK HOF said:

Yeah, to stay w/ the Seahawks would he sign that to go across the country and play for a worse team? I doubt it.

Hes also going to be 32. I don’t want to be the team again that signs 30 some things, makes young guys play behind them and then loses the young guys in free agency w/o contributing to our team bc of the 30 year olds vet we signed to be average.

Edited by turtle28

57 minutes ago, ovfd55 said:

He hasn't seemed like a guy to break to bank and gave them a discount on last deal can only think he'd take a home town discount to stay on the team in Super bowl esp if Brady is back.Plus they have White on rookie deal for another 2-3 years so could sign him to a 2-3 year deal then pay White later.

At least that's my thinking, would love to have if he does leave though

Lavonte David signed a 5 year, $50 million and he made $10.8 million last year. He’s also 31. Doesn’t seem worth it to me bc it’s a stop gap with an older guy.

2 hours ago, lavar703 said:

I want no parts of free agents over 30. Jayon Brown or Hassan Riddick I’d be fine with but not older players. Also Kirksey I think would be a nice addition. Not great but could fill a role on this defense as we build things. 

Avery Wilson too. Not the best but so think an upgrade over Bostic.

2 hours ago, lavar703 said:

I want no parts of free agents over 30. Jayon Brown or Hassan Riddick I’d be fine with but not older players. Also Kirksey I think would be a nice addition. Not great but could fill a role on this defense as we build things. 

You don’t want any players over 30 but you want Matthew Stafford who will be 33 in February. 

5 minutes ago, ARTMONK HOF said:

You don’t want any players over 30 but you want Matthew Stafford who will be 33 in February. 

QB is a different case bc they can play until 40 especially with the change in rules, other positions almost always don’t. Take Thomas Davis for example. He should’ve been an assistant coach this year and we should’ve went with a younger SLB type over him on the roster. I get that Lavonte David isn’t near done but, it depends on the cost of David and I’d rather sign a LB under 30. 

10 minutes ago, PARROTHEAD said:

Whats the odds that the same people that want Stafford bad. Are the same ones that celebrated McNabb coming in at that age. lol

Stafford is in better shape. Stafford is in his prime, McNabb relied on his athleticism and was getting old. Also, McNabb & Kyle didn’t want to work with one another.

Despite that, McNabb statistically in 2010 was the 2nd best QB we’ve had as a passer this century.

I get why people didn’t like or want McNabb but the talent around him in 2010 wasn’t good outside of Moss & Cooley and he had 3377 yards passing and 14 TDs in 13 games. Moss had his 2nd best season of his career w/ McNabb. We’ll never know this but if he had returned in 2011 I think we may have been a playoff team.

Our D was 13th in 2011 after we spent a lot on it after it was 32nd in 2010. McNabb throwing to Moss & Gafney in 2011 would’ve been fun to watch. Grossman was fun to watch too but the 30 turnovers he had kept us from winning more. McNabb would’ve had half that many most likely and I bet we would’ve gone 9-7 or 10-6.

5 hours ago, PARROTHEAD said:

Whats the odds that the same people that want Stafford bad. Are the same ones that celebrated McNabb coming in at that age. lol

I celebrated McNabb. We hadn’t had competent QB play since Brad Johnson and basically since Mark Rypien before then. I was desperate for it so yes, I thought McNabb was going to improve an extremely dire situation. He didn’t. I was wrong.