2021 Free Agent Thread

MikeT14

8 hours ago, ARTMONK HOF said:

You don’t want any players over 30 but you want Matthew Stafford who will be 33 in February. 

Think there a difference in finding a QB which isn't easy to do as we know,and over paying a player pass there prime.Think most of us would be okay with some vets over 30 if they are cheap and or team friendly deals and not breaking the bank just cause they are a name.

• Like 1

57 minutes ago, ovfd55 said:

Think there a difference in finding a QB which isn't easy to do as we know,and over paying a player pass there prime.Think most of us would be okay with some vets over 30 if they are cheap and or team friendly deals and not breaking the bank just cause they are a name.

But do you think he’s going to come here and not want to be locked up Ala Alex Smith? I don’t. And honestly I’d let the teams infront of us start locking up these vets. Go into the draft and go get your guy. I know I’m the only person in the world pounding that Kellen Mond table but we’re talking about a guy with multiple years of good film. Yes LSU and the year before I can’t remember but he has a few games where his numbers are bad and both games his playmakers couldn’t not only gain separation but he put the ball on them in tight windows and not once did a guy make a play for him.
I’m not against bringing in a FA that you can bridge your need with and maybe strike gold. But teams that force the QB position in the offseasons tend to come up bust and it’s happened here. We have to one hope Smith retires. If Smith doesn’t and we cut him we have dead cap plus whatever you pay a our new vet. Let’s be honest this team has been paying big money the last few years at this position with absolutely no production or continuity. This is not the year to force it. They need to let the guy come too them. you allow teams ahead of us in the draft start to fill that position. Then they go into the draft with other needs. We have been patient and I believe if this team was smart they would fill the future of this position in this class. And maybe that means you trade up. But saying that 1 of the 4 won’t make it out of the top 10 when realistically by the time the draft gets here their may only be 4 teams that could look to upgrade that position.

And those 4 could be staring at a Pitts Waddle or some guy they didn’t expect to be there so I think just because what media outlets are posting and just because all the Twitter rumors I think we are really primed to get lucky by being patient. And even if you end up drafting a Mond or a not sure fire one then you are looking at next year with all these moves and a lot of teams will be trying to build around theirs. So we could strike gold then. The best thing we could do is be patient. I know week 4 everyone will be OG fire Ron because he didn’t get their guy if we don’t sign or draft one high. But I believe that’s where we’re gonna be anyways if we go out here and sacrifice for one of these older vets.

1 hour ago, ripsean21 said:

But do you think he’s going to come here and not want to be locked up Ala Alex Smith? I don’t. And honestly I’d let the teams infront of us start locking up these vets. Go into the draft and go get your guy. I know I’m the only person in the world pounding that Kellen Mond table but we’re talking about a guy with multiple years of good film. Yes LSU and the year before I can’t remember but he has a few games where his numbers are bad and both games his playmakers couldn’t not only gain separation but he put the ball on them in tight windows and not once did a guy make a play for him.
I’m not against bringing in a FA that you can bridge your need with and maybe strike gold. But teams that force the QB position in the offseasons tend to come up bust and it’s happened here. We have to one hope Smith retires. If Smith doesn’t and we cut him we have dead cap plus whatever you pay a our new vet. Let’s be honest this team has been paying big money the last few years at this position with absolutely no production or continuity. This is not the year to force it. They need to let the guy come too them. you allow teams ahead of us in the draft start to fill that position. Then they go into the draft with other needs. We have been patient and I believe if this team was smart they would fill the future of this position in this class. And maybe that means you trade up. But saying that 1 of the 4 won’t make it out of the top 10 when realistically by the time the draft gets here their may only be 4 teams that could look to upgrade that position.

And those 4 could be staring at a Pitts Waddle or some guy they didn’t expect to be there so I think just because what media outlets are posting and just because all the Twitter rumors I think we are really primed to get lucky by being patient. And even if you end up drafting a Mond or a not sure fire one then you are looking at next year with all these moves and a lot of teams will be trying to build around theirs. So we could strike gold then. The best thing we could do is be patient. I know week 4 everyone will be OG fire Ron because he didn’t get their guy if we don’t sign or draft one high. But I believe that’s where we’re gonna be anyways if we go out here and sacrifice for one of these older vets.

I tend to agree with you, Im good with Mond, had him in a few of my mocks. I want to draft a QB.

Mond to me is worse case scenario in the draft, go in with him, allen, and heinicke. best man win. I would also be ok with a trade up if one of the top 4 guys is there or if some how lance slid to 19 which i dont see.

I would think if one of them fell out the top 10 our 1st and the niners 3rd we got would be enough capital to move up 9 or less spots

1 hour ago, LoganF89 said:

I tend to agree with you, Im good with Mond, had him in a few of my mocks. I want to draft a QB.

Mond to me is worse case scenario in the draft, go in with him, allen, and heinicke. best man win. I would also be ok with a trade up if one of the top 4 guys is there or if some how lance slid to 19 which i dont see.

I would think if one of them fell out the top 10 our 1st and the niners 3rd we got would be enough capital to move up 9 or less spots

I just actually think he can play in this league. He has some Dak and he has some Russell. I actually just think this guy is going to be a franchise QB. It really is a gut feeling but I’ve seen this guy make magic happen on the field. I think he’s done it with less around him I think he’s had bad OL play he’s constantly sitting in making throws from weird platforms accurately with not a lot of time. Like I just look at this offseason and I’m looking at scenarios and we could come away with a steal round one at WR. I’m not the type of guy who takes WR when your pick 15 and up. I just feel if your that high yes maybe you have a need and yes if a top 5 talent is there at 12 okay it’s 3 spots before I’d consider it. But when your closer to the 20’s WR can be a value like a Cee Dee last season. Yes Dallas needed other things but they got tremendous value. So no their season didn’t go how they planned but let’s be real if Dak doesn’t get hurt we aren’t winning the division same with Barkley. But this year we could come away with maybe a Waddle or a special talent or a top OL player that they interviewed and fell in love with. Then come back round 2 and get yourself a Brevin or honestly the name I love for us round one is a Terrace Marshall JR. his size speed and the smoothness of the breaks while carrying speed through those cuts is more reminiscent of a 5-11 guy not a 6-3 I just I really think there’s a lot of value that could be on the board the way I think the teams in front will be making selections qhead of us

Okay guys a few guys I love at the senior bowl going into the week. I don’t have my notes but I’ll have his name soon but Pitt’s DE #17. Absolute gamer!!! Remadre Stevenson RB okalhoma. Najee Harris everyon knows him. OleMiss TE #88 these are just guys I’ve seen so far at practice. I’ll grab my binder and get the names there’s a few OL and DL that I’m high on as well. The fact these guys are out here man I give big props. The QB play isn’t going to be world breaker but Ehllinger has a chance to really show some pro placement and could be a huge riser because I just never felt like Texas put him in a place to succeed with his game. I’m looking forward to how he takes to the coaching and if he’s comfortable throwing to spots before breaks. 

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, ripsean21 said:

I just actually think he can play in this league. He has some Dak and he has some Russell. I actually just think this guy is going to be a franchise QB. It really is a gut feeling but I’ve seen this guy make magic happen on the field. I think he’s done it with less around him I think he’s had bad OL play he’s constantly sitting in making throws from weird platforms accurately with not a lot of time. Like I just look at this offseason and I’m looking at scenarios and we could come away with a steal round one at WR. I’m not the type of guy who takes WR when your pick 15 and up. I just feel if your that high yes maybe you have a need and yes if a top 5 talent is there at 12 okay it’s 3 spots before I’d consider it. But when your closer to the 20’s WR can be a value like a Cee Dee last season. Yes Dallas needed other things but they got tremendous value. So no their season didn’t go how they planned but let’s be real if Dak doesn’t get hurt we aren’t winning the division same with Barkley. But this year we could come away with maybe a Waddle or a special talent or a top OL player that they interviewed and fell in love with. Then come back round 2 and get yourself a Brevin or honestly the name I love for us round one is a Terrace Marshall JR. his size speed and the smoothness of the breaks while carrying speed through those cuts is more reminiscent of a 5-11 guy not a 6-3 I just I really think there’s a lot of value that could be on the board the way I think the teams in front will be making selections qhead of us

The thought of it being possible to go

1. Jaylon Waddle WR

2.Dylan Moses MLB

3. Kellen Mond QB

3. Paris Ford FS

4. Kenny Gainwell RB

makes me feel some kind of way. and to those who say they dont think these players will be there are crazy it could very well happen

• Like 2

33 minutes ago, LoganF89 said:

1. Jaylon Waddle WR

2.Dylan Moses MLB

3. Kellen Mond QB

3. Paris Ford FS

4. Kenny Gainwell RB

makes me feel some kind of way. and to those who say they dont think these players will be there are crazy it could very well happen

I’m just going to keep it real!!! Paris Ford is the guy at Saftey. He’s your next highest paid saftey. That guy is a dog!!! He is one of my favorite players in this draft class overall. He has to come here I’m tired of watching the Buddha Bakers and Antione Winfield Jr. and Darnell savages go elsewhere please please Washington FO PARIS FORD!!!! 

35 minutes ago, LoganF89 said:

1. Jaylon Waddle WR

2.Dylan Moses MLB

3. Kellen Mond QB

3. Paris Ford FS

4. Kenny Gainwell RB

Dude I’d be elated!!! Honestly that would be a huge haul!!!

7 minutes ago, lavar703 said:

I just do not see what you guys see in Mond. I wouldn’t be shocked if he ends up undrafted. He’s not good at all. 

do i think there are more talented qbs? yes but that requires trading up for. I think Mond allows you to see what you have and one great thing about Mond is that hes started all 4 years in college. hes got experience. i want to say he averaged like 290 some total yds a game in his career. hes got good size and can be a dual threat. thats why I think he is a good pick in the 3rd. it allows us to take BPA instead of taking a Mac Jones or trading more draft capital or trading the 1st and more for an old qb.

ill take the rookie contract in the 3rd as well. he reminds me of Dak

Honestly man a name that comes to mind that gives us some flexibility at QB to buy our time and give us the opportunity to not make a panic move at QB is Mariota. I think you get mobility and accuracy in the short to mid range and I think that would allow us to take a flier on a Mond and who knows who could come out of came with 4 mobile guys going into camp

• Like 1

2 hours ago, ripsean21 said:

Honestly man a name that comes to mind that gives us some flexibility at QB to buy our time and give us the opportunity to not make a panic move at QB is Mariota. I think you get mobility and accuracy in the short to mid range and I think that would allow us to take a flier on a Mond and who knows who could come out of came with 4 mobile guys going into camp

To flip that coin onto the other side, I’ve wondered if Gruden is thinking the same thing about Mariota. They’re very strapped for cap, and moving Carr could save them almost $20M. 

I’d probably prefer Carr to Stafford, all things considered — age in particular, but perhaps price as well. I can’t imagine them getting these packages people are talking about with Stafford for Carr. You have to protect him to get the best out of him, but he’s been quietly productive with some pretty lackluster rosters. 

Always hard to tell what Gruden and Mayock are thinking about out there, though.

• Like 1