2021 Free Agent Thread

MikeT14

4 hours ago, lavar703 said:

Could you imagine rolling into next season against a first place schedule with a QB depth chart that features Kyle Allen, Taylor Heinecke and Kellen Mond? That’s like an XFL depth chart. Rivera would be insane to do this. 

Alex Smith dont quit pal

• Like 2

11 hours ago, lavar703 said:

Could you imagine rolling into next season against a first place schedule with a QB depth chart that features Kyle Allen, Taylor Heinecke and Kellen Mond? That’s like an XFL depth chart. Rivera would be insane to do this. 

But Kyle Allen can do what Alex Smith did! Do you believe that? Yes I do!

In my Rivera voice...

20 hours ago, ripsean21 said:

I’m just going to keep it real!!! Paris Ford is the guy at Saftey. He’s your next highest paid saftey. That guy is a dog!!! He is one of my favorite players in this draft class overall. He has to come here I’m tired of watching the Buddha Bakers and Antione Winfield Jr. and Darnell savages go elsewhere please please Washington FO PARIS FORD!!!! 

I can’t imagine Moering, Ford, Cisco or Nasirildeen lasting until round 3. If we want a FS we should take one high (rnd 1 or 2) we have depth there but, I’d also say it’s arguably that we have a high need at FS given how Reaves played since taking over for Everrett & Everrett played well too.

Edited by turtle28
  • Like 1

8 hours ago, turtle28 said:

I can’t imagine Moering, Ford, Cisco or Nasirildeen lasting until round 3. If we want a FS we should take one high (rnd 1 or 2) we have depth there but, I’d also say it’s arguably that we have a high need at FS given how Reaves played since taking over for Everrett & Everrett played well too.

I agree I’m okay with that round 2 Ford is a dog!!!

On 1/26/2021 at 10:15 PM, lavar703 said:

He put himself on the clock, so if he can't find a QB for two more years, it's on him.  

• Like 2

With our draft position and not seeing us trade for Watson(if available) or Stafford. Based on free agency, I could see us signing T Taylor to compete with Kyle and Taylor. Taylor has mobility and feel he could run ST’s offense. When he was the starter in Buffalo he played pretty well. Going into next season with Taylor/Allen/Heinicke is not ideal but it’s not horrible. Just my opinion. Going to be a LONG 2-1/2 to 3 months. 

1 hour ago, ARTMONK HOF said:

With our draft position and not seeing us trade for Watson(if available) or Stafford. Based on free agency, I could see us signing T Taylor to compete with Kyle and Taylor. Taylor has mobility and feel he could run ST’s offense. When he was the starter in Buffalo he played pretty well. Going into next season with Taylor/Allen/Heinicke is not ideal but it’s not horrible. Just my opinion. Going to be a LONG 2-1/2 to 3 months. 

It actually is pretty bad. Taylor can’t stay healthy and is marginal at best, Allen is coming back from a serious injury and is not great and Heineicke could be a flash in the pan. 

not sure how Rivera can sell defending the division title next year with that group of QBs.

1 hour ago, naptownskinsfan said:

It actually is pretty bad. Taylor can’t stay healthy and is marginal at best, Allen is coming back from a serious injury and is not great and Heineicke could be a flash in the pan. 

not sure how Rivera can sell defending the division title next year with that group of QBs.

Maybe RR will change his ways and make a big splash and trade for Watson or Stafford. 

They have to cut the cord with Alex Smith. I appreciate everything he did for the team this year but we can’t be held hostage by a “mediocre-when-healthy” QB who’s doing this for fun. The only way I’d have any interest in Alex coming back is if they plan on moving up for a QB In the draft otherwise he needs to go.!

• Like 2

7 minutes ago, lavar703 said:

They have to cut the cord with Alex Smith. I appreciate everything he did for the team this year but we can’t be held hostage by a “mediocre-when-healthy” QB who’s doing this for fun. The only way I’d have any interest in Alex coming back is if they plan on moving up for a QB In the draft otherwise he needs to go.!

Yes .... and considering his contract.... Ciao