2021 Free Agent Thread

MikeT14

8 hours ago, MikeT14 said:

Gotta start talking about this at some point. 

For me it’s Davis or Golladay. This team doesn’t need a guy to come in and just compete. They need a big guy who could also get deep. That said, I’d bet dollars to donuts it’ll be Curtis Samuel.

Feel like the WR market is very good but a key for us will be if we have a solid plan at QB by the time free agents are able to sign cause I feel like with the cap you going to see some small 1-2 year deals and most of them would want to go to a QB that could make them more in the future not a case of a team not knowing who is starting next year.

There isn't a lot of LBers out there in free agents those I expect Saints to release Kwon Alexander that might be a guy that if you could get in his old form that would help the Defense,I also like De'vondre Campbell as a coverage guy but he isn't a MLB like Bostic who we need to replace.

Safety wise I really want Malik Hooker and think he'll be cheap off injury,but also have my former UVA Saftey Ant Harris and guys like Marcus Maye out there.Interesting CB market too if we go a different direction the Darby.

• Like 1

Honestly the potential FA class always looks amazing and then a lot of guys re-sign or get franchised, but pretending all will be available... the big names I want are Allen Robinson, Kenny Golladay, Malik Hooker, Campbell. Obviously not both receivers, one or the other. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Umbaugh21 said:

Honestly the potential FA class always looks amazing and then a lot of guys re-sign or get franchised, but pretending all will be available... the big names I want are Allen Robinson, Kenny Golladay, Malik Hooker, Campbell. Obviously not both receivers, one or the other. 

I don’t want Galladay he just doesn’t stay healthy we have to get away from those types especially throwing money at them. ARob is a beast and he and Terry would be awesome but he’s going to get paid paid

Hooker on a prove it deal would be gold but you don’t shy away from drafting a FS because you added him!!! You can almost play the comp pick game with a guy like him and maybe if healthy you get the pro bowl talent.

Edited by ripsean21

3 hours ago, MikeT14 said:

I think, because of that, you might see a lot of 1 year deals. Or two year fully guaranteed.

I think so too. The cap is shrinking this bc of COVID. So, it’s be wise for these players to take one or two year deals and then try to cash in on bigger long term deals once fans get back in stadiums, the revenue rises for owners and then the cap hopefully goes back up in the 2022 free agency period.

2 hours ago, ovfd55 said:

Feel like the WR market is very good but a key for us will be if we have a solid plan at QB by the time free agents are able to sign cause I feel like with the cap you going to see some small 1-2 year deals and most of them would want to go to a QB that could make them more in the future not a case of a team not knowing who is starting next year.

There isn't a lot of LBers out there in free agents those I expect Saints to release Kwon Alexander that might be a guy that if you could get in his old form that would help the Defense,I also like De'vondre Campbell as a coverage guy but he isn't a MLB like Bostic who we need to replace.

Safety wise I really want Malik Hooker and think he'll be cheap off injury,but also have my former UVA Saftey Ant Harris and guys like Marcus Maye out there.Interesting CB market too if we go a different direction the Darby.

Yeah, our problem is more MLB. That’s where else need to upgrade at FS. I’ve been thinking about Malik Hooker too bc he shouldn’t be that expensive given his injury history then we can draft someone as his back up or role w/ Reaves & Everrett as our back up safeties to Curl & Hooker.

I think with WLB a lot depends on what we decide to do with Collins & KPL. We also have Hudson who started to emerge as a solid option at WLB. I’m not sure if we need to overspend to bring in someone else there, but I’d like to upgrade MLB. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, offbyone said:

I want one of the guys under 28.  I really like JuJu but his whole demeaner this year kind of screamed immaturity.  Golladay and Godwin on top of my list.  

We would be crazy not to take advantage of this deep FA class when this is a position of need.

Corey Davis would be nice too. Agreed on Juju’s immaturity. I don’t think there’s a chance that Rivera wants him especially after Haskins bs this season and I wouldn’t want him either.

https://www.pff.com/news/nfl-2021-free-agency-top-100-free-agents

In their first look at the free agency class, PFF predicted that we would re-sign Scherff (4/$60M) and Darby (3/$30M), and sign Anthony Harris (4/$56M), Corey Davis (4/$65M) and Tyrod Taylor (2/$10M). 

I’m not sold on Harris because of his age, but I wouldn’t hate it if they have a plan for getting the 3 safeties ones the field. And it would be a hard pass on Tyrod for me. But if that’s how it all went, I’d be pretty darn pleased. 

3 minutes ago, e16bball said:

https://www.pff.com/news/nfl-2021-free-agency-top-100-free-agents

In their first look at the free agency class, PFF predicted that we would re-sign Scherff (4/$60M) and Darby (3/$30M), and sign Anthony Harris (4/$56M), Corey Davis (4/$65M) and Tyrod Taylor (2/$10M). 

I’m not sold on Harris because of his age, but I wouldn’t hate it if they have a plan for getting the 3 safeties ones the field. And it would be a hard pass on Tyrod for me. But if that’s how it all went, I’d be pretty darn pleased. 

Heck no to Harris.  We would have two of the most expensive Safeties in the NFL.  Agree on Tyrod, we don't need him.  

Interestingly, Kerrigan nowhere to be found on their list of top 100 FAs. Wonder if the market won’t materialize for him. I’m a little tired of him, but he’s better than almost any 3rd DE we’d get our hands on. It would be cool if he could finish his career here on a team-friendly deal.