2021 Free Agent Thread

MikeT14

1 minute ago, turtle28 said:

Hope so, they certainly didn’t upgrade the MLB position last off-season or the #2 WR position so it’s TBD.

Yeah but I really did think it was about evaluating the roster. They brought in FA so they could go just about any direction in the draft for BPA. I’d expect they do the same this year. I’d expect them to sign a number 2 and then if something crazy happened and they are staring at a Waddle then they just go rags to riches type thing. But I’d expect those two positions to both be upgraded. I don’t think they have to go MLB early I feel like that’s something Kyle will be on mid rounds and strike gold. I have a few really talented guys in the middle range that are height weight speed types that just need coaching on fundamentals that I could really see shining with this team. The truth is I think QB is going to be the focus this offseason if it’s having moving up or maybe it’s a stop gap with setting yourself up for the year after but knowing Ron is a coach on a clock age wise for his realistic window I’d say that he is going to want to get the guy for his window now.

• Like 1

On 1/11/2021 at 7:12 PM, ripsean21 said:

Yeah but I really did think it was about evaluating the roster. They brought in FA so they could go just about any direction in the draft for BPA. I’d expect they do the same this year. I’d expect them to sign a number 2 and then if something crazy happened and they are staring at a Waddle then they just go rags to riches type thing. But I’d expect those two positions to both be upgraded. I don’t think they have to go MLB early I feel like that’s something Kyle will be on mid rounds and strike gold. I have a few really talented guys in the middle range that are height weight speed types that just need coaching on fundamentals that I could really see shining with this team. The truth is I think QB is going to be the focus this offseason if it’s having moving up or maybe it’s a stop gap with setting yourself up for the year after but knowing Ron is a coach on a clock age wise for his realistic window I’d say that he is going to want to get the guy for his window now.

I highly doubt it but if zaven Collins some how fell to us in round 2 I would be all over it. 

I used to be big big on Dylan Moses but after he contemplated quitting football I want nothing to do with him. And he has t been the same since he got hurt.

if some how the Notre Dame linebacker and Moses could go ahead of Collins and force him down in the 2nd to us I would be as happy as could be but it’s a long shot

1 hour ago, LoganF89 said:

I highly doubt it but if zaven Collins some how fell to us in round 2 I would be all over it. 

I used to be big big on Dylan Moses but after he contemplated quitting football I want nothing to do with him. And he has t been the same since he got hurt.

if some how the Notre Dame linebacker and Moses could go ahead of Collins and force him down in the 2nd to us I would be as happy as could be but it’s a long shot

Yeah Collins caught love a lot quicker then I thought but he’s a beast!!! If we did cop him in round two you have to really love where the defense is headed because I think he’s a day one impact player especially behind our front.

On 1/11/2021 at 2:01 PM, aceinthehouse said:

We must be aggressive this off season.

T.Y. Hilton would be a nice FA get. He's 31 I believe.

Julio is my top target though, if we can get him for a decent compensation package.

Like Allen Robinson alot as well.

Those are my top 3 We'd I want on this team. 2 FA's & one we might have to trade for if not released.

Either way, we need WR weapons.

Rivera has never been aggressive in free agency, so don't expect him to start any time soon.  

On 1/12/2021 at 10:22 PM, naptownskinsfan said:

Rivera has never been aggressive in free agency, so don't expect him to start any time soon.  

But has he ever been allowed such power to? Hes had to deal with guys like Gentlemen. Now its all his.

Not that I know anything about Carolina or how they operated. But Ron sounds like he has more authority than he ever has on such matters.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, PARROTHEAD said:

But has he ever been allowed such power to? Hes had to deal with guys like Gentlemen. Now its all his.

Not that I know anything about Carolina or how they operated. But Ron sounds like he has more authority than he ever has on such matters.

He had Hurney, Gettleman and Hurney again.  Given how Gettleman has operated with the Giants, I honestly think Rivera had more personnel pull than we were led to believe.  

• Like 1

8 hours ago, naptownskinsfan said:

He had Hurney, Gettleman and Hurney again.  Given how Gettleman has operated with the Giants, I honestly think Rivera had more personnel pull than we were led to believe.  

The Giants haven’t been that active in FA. The signed Blake Martinez & got Logan Ryan but didn’t have to pay him top $. Am I missing something?

Are you gonna say Colt McCoy was a big signing for them?

1 hour ago, turtle28 said:

Never heard of him. I see he was on the 49ers & Seahawks practice squads. I hope he proves something but if I’m being honest I don’t expect much.

I see you edited this . I don't seem to have that option since the format changed . Anyone else have this problem ?

2 hours ago, turtle28 said:

The Giants haven’t been that active in FA. The signed Blake Martinez & got Logan Ryan but didn’t have to pay him top $. Am I missing something?

Are you gonna say Colt McCoy was a big signing for them?

They did also give James Bradberry a $15M/year deal at CB.