2021 Free Agent Thread

MikeT14

15 minutes ago, RSkinGM said:

Why do you think that - seems to be a near complete bust in Tenn .

I remember him being good as a young corner. I could be misremembering but didn’t he tear his ACL? If that’s as recent, that could explain why he had a down year last year. Also, two years ago Tennessee’s D was good last year their pass rush wasn’t as good which we all know makes the secondary look worse than what it is.

I mean it kind of hilarious to me that exactly what you are saying is what most people said about Darby when we signed him a year ago...

🤷‍♂️

34 minutes ago, turtle28 said:

We must be signing Galloday or Juju, right? Right? ...

Now Ben Standig is on twitter saying if you pay a receiver you’ll have to worry about eventually losing Terry. I give up. Even the media is in on the stupidity. 

17 minutes ago, lavar703 said:

Now Ben Standig is on twitter saying if you pay a receiver you’ll have to worry about eventually losing Terry. I give up. Even the media is in on the stupidity. 

People thinking this way are just plain wrong.  In fact, I would suggest the opposite.  If you sign an expensive WR now, then by 2023 the deal won't look expensive and you will have no problem allocating another big contract for WR.  

Imagine what Ben Standig say if we had a 40M/year qb under contract.  

Rivera needs to look at what Belichick is doing.  He also has a lot of cap space and also is going with a bridge qb.  But unlike us, Belichick is adding pieces around the qb.  If you are going to go with a cheaper middle of the road vet qb and save money there, then you should be spending big time around him.