2021 Free Agent Thread

1 hour ago, TKellion said:

Why would we want him if the Dolphins dont?That is not a ringing endorsement.You forget the injury concerns.I want our own shiny new toys.Not someones cast off.

We wanted him last year and he’s still a great prospect. The only way I see the Dolphins moving Tua is if somehow they got DeShaun Watson. I don’t think they’d trade him so they could draft Fields or Wilson. Tua is a better QB prospect than them.

The same can be said for Darnold in NY. Most people had better draft grades on Darnold than they do on Fields or Wilson. So, since that’s the case most people think the Jets will hold onto Darnold also rather than trading him away and drafting a QB. Like with the Dolphins though, if the Jets trade for Watson, that would make Darnold available for us to trade for.

Edited by turtle28
2 minutes ago, turtle28 said:

We wanted him last year and he’s still a great prospect. The only way I see the Dolphins moving Tua is if somehow they got DeShaun Watson. I don’t think they’d trade him so they could draft Field’s or Wilson. Tua is a better QB prospect than them.

They’ll end up trading for Watson I think. No way Watson stays in Houston. 

13 minutes ago, lavar703 said:

They’ll end up trading for Watson I think. No way Watson stays in Houston. 

Yeah it’s looking more and more like Watson won’t be there. I just can’t believe it, wow how bad has Houston screwed up what looked like a great situation from two years ago?

Watson also could end up playing for the NYJ too.

Here’s my thing, if I’m the Texans, I’d want to trade him to a NFC team even if it’s a bit of a lesser pick. 

I’m sad to say this bc I’d hate it, but that puts Dallas or the Eagles in play. Also, the Falcons, Lions and Panthers are possibilities. I guess the Giants too but that one seems less likely to me.

Edited by turtle28
4 hours ago, turtle28 said:

Yeah it’s looking more and more like Watson won’t be there. I just can’t believe it, wow how bad has Houston screwed up what looked like a great situation from two years ago?

Here’s my thing, if I’m the Texans, I’d want to trade him to a NFC team even if it’s a bit of a lesser pick. 

I’m sad to say this bc I’d hate it, but that puts Dallas or the Eagles in play. Also, the Falcons, Lions and Panthers are possibilities. I guess the Giants too but that one seems less likely to me.

I think you could be right on the eagles, but not dallas.  I think the only team in play is one who can give them a qb or one of the top 2 draft picks.  The compensation will be insane.

1 hour ago, offbyone said:

I think you could be right on the eagles, but not dallas.  I think the only team in play is one who can give them a qb or one of the top 2 draft picks.  The compensation will be insane.

I think I’d much rather have Dak than Wentz, personally. 

I guess Dak has more ability to scuttle a deal, by refusing to play ball with Houston on a long-term deal — but that would be a really bold play, for a guy coming off a very serious injury to turn down a mega-contract with tons of guaranteed money. Wentz is pretty much stuck wherever Philly sends him, so he couldn’t do quite as much to derail things.

• Like 2
10 hours ago, e16bball said:

I think I’d much rather have Dak than Wentz, personally. 

I guess Dak has more ability to scuttle a deal, by refusing to play ball with Houston on a long-term deal — but that would be a really bold play, for a guy coming off a very serious injury to turn down a mega-contract with tons of guaranteed money. Wentz is pretty much stuck wherever Philly sends him, so he couldn’t do quite as much to derail things.

I don't think they can afford Dak.  They still owe to much to watson.  The cap issues are going to play large.  

Some more under the radar signings we could do:

Jason Verrett - injury history could help us do something similar to what we did with Darby. 

Malik Hooker - similar to Verrett

Jared Cook - a stop gap at TE next year if we can't shore it up

Mackenzie Alexander - slot CB

Bashaun Breeland - why not?

Matt Milano - probably the most expensive on the list. Can the Bills afford to keep him? Probably.

• Like 1
3 minutes ago, MikeT14 said:

Some more under the radar signings we could do:

Jason Verrett - injury history could help us do something similar to what we did with Darby. 

Malik Hooker - similar to Verrett

Jared Cook - a stop gap at TE next year if we can't shore it up

Mackenzie Alexander - slot CB

Bashaun Breeland - why not?

Matt Milano - probably the most expensive on the list. Can the Bills afford to keep him? Probably.

I’d rather keep Darby than Verrett, but I’m not opposed to that signing.

I’ve always wanted Breeland, but I’d rather have Darby coming off of how he played last year.

I’d love to get a TE like Cook or someone else like that as a #2 TE. We definitely need to upgrade the position behind Thomas.

Hooker could be a straight up steal on a one-year deal like Darby was last year. Signing him and then having Reaves as the back up w/ Everrett backing up Curl at SS.

I don’t know enough about Mackenzie Alexander to say he had a better year than Moreland in the slot. I don’t have a problem with continuing with Moreland in the slot and not having to spend cap space on a slot corner.

I’d rather spend the cap space to upgrade our Lb corps on defense, re-signing most of our own guys and then on offense.

31 minutes ago, turtle28 said:

I’d rather keep Darby than Verrett, but I’m not opposed to that signing.

I agree. Contingency plan. We also probably need another corner. 

I’ve always wanted Breeland, but I’d rather have Darby coming off of how he played last year.

see above. 

I’d love to get a TE like Cook or someone else like that as a #2 TE. We definitely need to upgrade the position behind Thomas.

cook is good enough to be a #1 stop gap. 

Hooker could be a straight up steal on a one-year deal like Darby was last year. Signing him and then having Reaves as the back up w/ Everrett backing up Curl at SS.

Cool 

I don’t know enough about Mackenzie Alexander to say he had a better year than Moreland in the slot. I don’t have a problem with continuing with Moreland in the slot and not having to spend cap space on a slot corner.

true. I’ll let Rivera and company decide, but it’s an option. 

I’d rather spend the cap space to upgrade our Lb corps on defense, re-signing most of our own guys and then on offense.

Last option was a good LB. 

45 minutes ago, MikeT14 said:

I agree. Contingency plan. We also probably need another corner. 

see above. 

cook is good enough to be a #1 stop gap. 

Cool 

true. I’ll let Rivera and company decide, but it’s an option. 

Last option was a good LB. 

I look up Alexander’s stats & he did have 6 passes defensed where Moreland only had 1, the both had 1 int. 

I’m not sure if Moreau will be back or not so perhaps instead of spending to re-sign Moreau, we could sign Alexander to be out slot CB and put Moreland as our 4th corner and a back up to Fuller and Darby/Verrette whoever is there.

19 minutes ago, Thaiphoon said:

You guys looking to trade for Tua better hope Miami trades for Watson before we trade for Tua (just assuming the scenario presented). That will then drive down Tua's price

That would be the only reason I’d trade for Tua. It would have to be after the Dolphins already traded for Watson.

• Like 1
11 hours ago, Thaiphoon said:

You guys looking to trade for Tua better hope Miami trades for Watson before we trade for Tua (just assuming the scenario presented). That will then drive down Tua's price

This team absolutely can’t afford to trade for him!!! He is not the guy this team should want. I have 0 faith in the OC in Miami because he made Tua run the same offense as Fitz and that’s not what Tua does. He’s just not that good and I know he was a top 5 pick but there were so many inconsistencies in his college and def his NFL game last season I just wouldn’t really want my staff putting serious draft capitol and time in developing a guy who just doesn’t have this Devine trait that says man he really just can frustrate a defensive gameplan. He’s not fast enough to wear teams pass rush down running around I don’t like his feel or play within the pocket he has a pretty deep ball but even that can be streaky

• Like 1
On 1/16/2021 at 7:15 PM, turtle28 said:

As far as the teams you listed the only team that has the cap to afford him as we stand right now is us.

now I know moves can be made to get more cap like trading stafford, or Ryan and such or restructuring and cuts but as of right now we are the only team in a comfortable position cap wise to be able to take his contract.

and if he got traded to Dallas I think that would signal that we would look at Dak as a FA which I’m fine with

if I’m the Texans I’m looking to deal him to the NFC like you said. I know we don’t pick very early but honestly 3 first is a lot and I would honestly do that for Watson