2021 Free Agent Thread

MikeT14

16 hours ago, MikeT14 said:

Lol Brandon Banks has about as many fumbles as he does catches in his career. Get out of here with that non sense. 

While true, he didn’t lose all those fumbles and is that really his fault? They wouldn’t ply him as a WR, they only used him on special teams.

1 minute ago, turtle28 said:

While true, he didn’t lose all those fumbles and is that really his fault? They wouldn’t ply him as a WR, they only used him on special teams.

I was as big a Brandon Banks stan as anyone (I said I'd buy his jersey if he made the team and I did albeit a cheap knock off one). There were plenty of reasons he didn't see the field, and obvious reasons he didn't get signed after we chose not to extend an offer. 

Look, this argument has gone way past it's point of relevancy. All I said was IF you can get a pick swap for Sims, just do it. 

• Like 1

13 hours ago, MikeT14 said:

I was as big a Brandon Banks stan as anyone (I said I'd buy his jersey if he made the team and I did albeit a cheap knock off one). There were plenty of reasons he didn't see the field, and obvious reasons he didn't get signed after we chose not to extend an offer. 

Look, this argument has gone way past it's point of relevancy. All I said was IF you can get a pick swap for Sims, just do it. 

The only reason why it went further than it it did because a decade later there are still people you can’t even mention in this forum w/o people overreacting. Jason Campbell, Donovan McNabb, RG3 & Brandon Banks would be 4 that quickly come to mind.

We signed TE Sammis Reyes. Former basketball player turned NFL hopeful. 

Pro day results:

"According to NFL Network analyst and long-time NFL football executive, Scott Pioli, Reyes ran a 4.64 in the 40 yard dash and reached 31 bench press reps while producing a 40″ vertical and 10’5″ leap in the broad jump"

Edited by Slappy Mc
  • Like 1

49 minutes ago, Slappy Mc said:

We signed TE Sammis Reyes. Former basketball player turned NFL hopeful. 

Pro day results:

"According to NFL Network analyst and long-time NFL football executive, Scott Pioli, Reyes ran a 4.64 in the 40 yard dash and reached 31 bench press reps while producing a 40″ vertical and 10’5″ leap in the broad jump"

• Like 1

3 hours ago, ARTMONK HOF said:

We’ll put him on our practice squad and some team will steal him. 😄

I hope 1 of 2 things.

1. I hope we still draft a TE relatively high, we can’t expect Reyes is going to be able to contribute right away.

2. At the same time, I’d love for him to practice really well, play well in the preseason and make the team as our #3 TE.

4 hours ago, ARTMONK HOF said:

Washington%20rectangle.png

Beau Benzschawel/OG claimed off waivers. 

Really liked him coming out of Wisconsin. Haven’t heard anything about him since. 
About the Chilean kid, I wouldn’t expect anything. Don’t teams have to have an international player?

10 hours ago, bigdog44 said:

Really liked him coming out of Wisconsin. Haven’t heard anything about him since. 
About the Chilean kid, I wouldn’t expect anything. Don’t teams have to have an international player?

I think Beau B. Had an injury last year. Maybe he didn’t pass his physical but I agree, I liked him coming out too a few years ago obviously so did Rivera/Hurney/Mayhew/Grimble so, maybe there’s something there to be developed; it certainly can’t hurt.

I don’t know of any rule that says a team has to have an international player.

I don’t know if Washington has ever had an international player on its roster and if they did, it’s been a while.

As far as Reyes goes..... wow looked up his numbers and workouts..... CRAZY! Really want to see him in preseason! I’m not expecting him to be this amazing player but he’s a pure athlete and at 260 pounds he’s yoked!! 

looking at workout numbers and videos it’s easy to get excited, but have to keep it realistic here. Maybe he’s a reason for letting Thad Moss go. If it turns out he can play and at a high level then we scored on this one. He may be the only reason me out of the 11 international players in the pool that has a real shot.

Moe Allie-Cox was the last basketball only guy to make an NFL team and while he isn’t a starter he’s a solid backup and Moe isn’t nearly as athletic and strong as Reyes so we could be on to something. Reyes reminds me of a bigger Darren Waller and if he’s half the player Waller is then we scored big

• Like 1